Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

What about gigantic floods

Can we locate these floods on an atlas?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Stultus Maximus posted:

The Russians shot down a civilian airliner killing a sitting Congressman and Ronnie didn’t start a war so gently caress you you pathetic pilot fish.

How quickly we forget KAL 007

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Just how big are these “bags” though? Nickel is like $10/lb, and that’s high. Just the logistics of trying to steal a meaningful amount seems like a major headache.

Coin theft is a huge problem in the money industry.

No matter how bulky or heavy it is, it does get stolen.

Usually it's the higher value denominations but 50lb bags of quarters worth about a grand do get stolen. We caught a guy stealing boxes of quarters at my last job. $500 bucks per even though they weigh 25lbs.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

McNally posted:

Not nickel the coin. Nickel, atomic number 28.

I gathered that, I was just illustrating that people will steal heavy bulky poo poo if they think they can get away with it.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Oh for sure, it’s fascinating how bad Baltimore politics were/are that didn’t make it into the show. One recent mayor got caught stealing gift cards for the needy, another made the city buy thousands of copies of her children’s book. And for the cops there was that drug officer who videotaped himself planting evidence because he didn’t read the manual for his body cam, and I think that led to tons of cases he’d worked on being thrown out.

I interacted with baltimore cops recently, they have to introduce themselves on bodycam before they start talking to you and put a disclaimer out that they are recording.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Midjack posted:

wanna bet?

I wonder how the secret service would deal with a protectee in a courtroom.

A courtroom won't be much of a problem, incarceration will be something else. Honestly because of his status I can see a form of house arrest the worst he ever sees