Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

facialimpediment posted:

More of a sportsball thing, but a college basketball player just turned himself into an American soldier by accident and was hosed for a few days:

https://twitter.com/DPiper247/status/1631032122206044162?t=5hczWjXIT74jl9L56Pyaew&s=19

GAMER/TROOP FUEL

I tried to sober up with caffeine pills once. ONCE. All I wanted to do was pass out but that was not happening. I could taste the caffeine or pill filler coming out of the roof of my mouth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Kith posted:

Said guy also claimed to be a former marine that had somehow managed to get a dishonorable discharge from unloading a clip into his leg after completing basic. He showed up to meetings drunk and constantly bitched about the VA "screwing him for life".

You don’t usually get dishonorable for an ND but lol an entire “clip”. I’m imagining that one scene from Full Metal Jacket but he makes eye contact while shooting his own foot until a too-loud *ping*.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Yeah the PYF Post Tweets thread is an excellent filter.

Thank them for their service o7.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

These guys would've been the Gestapo.

Some yes, some would have lovingly crafted airsoft replicas.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Nystral posted:

Lol most of the orange groves near Disney no longer exist. They’re now suburbs.

Necro rear end reply but :justpost:

I grew up in rural/suburban (at the time) Portland OR. We had a neighbor with an apple orchard that got hosed up one winter. They sold and it got turned into a shitload of townhomes.

…the development was named “Orchard Pointe”.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Milo and POTUS posted:

You guys can pay with apps all you want and I wish you luck

The first time I used my debit card to buy legal weed felt weird as gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Milo and POTUS posted:

This is my favorite part of modern US residential "planning". Tearing poo poo out and naming it after the stuff that was destroyed.

I wouldn’t have even mentioned it except for the e on the end of point.

gently caress you developer dickhead.