Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

I have no idea what these things mean. There is a hockey player in Ohio that has a jersey with a 32 number and someone thinks that it’s going to end up in bargain bins somewhere?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

If a person were 18 years old on June 6, 1944 they’d be 96 or 97 years old right now. I imagine there aren’t a ton of D-Day vets hanging around random towns across the US anymore.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

I’d love an electric Ranger. I have no need for a truck as big as the F-150. My only concern about electric is how short the range is when you want to haul a camper. Since camping tends to happen where there is less infrastructure, having shorter legs will negatively impact my trips.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Cool Dad posted:

I am certainly not in favor of military intervention but the cartels are shockingly horrible. I cannot imagine US military deployment in Mexico not being a complete shitshow for everyone involved, but if you could do it without turning it into Middle East 2 those fuckers would richly deserve it.

So we drum up more bilateral training with our Mexican counterparts and provide funding (with strings and oversight) to stand up more anti cartel task force operations.

Why would we put US boots on Mexican soil without it being a part of training we’d been invited to?

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

California also had over a decade of looking the other way knowing that places were openly selling marijuana since it was effectively decriminalized. When they finally got around to legalization, all of the shops that were trying to abide by the rules and regulations had a very difficult time trying to compete with the fly by night places that had 10 years headstart on them and who could sell way cheaper since they weren’t paying the Cannabis taxes state legislature raised.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Looks like everyone has picked their side and made their claims on why the death penalty should/should not continue.

Let’s move onto some other topic now. Nothing good will come from trying to convince others why your firmly held belief is the correct one.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Grip it and rip it posted:

Wild that you can take shots about some dude being paralyzed and people say sorry for stepping on your joke, but you can't say the b word because its inappropriate in the eyes of our grognard mods

It's wild that the one poster who's been probated half a dozen times for using gendered insults and misogynistic language is salty about not having the green light to continue that lovely behavior.

It's also wild to think that IKs and mods are not omnipotent and might not have seen the post in question before you did.

We are human and trying our best. The military and military adjacent space has historically been really lovely about how they talk about women. We've tried to make this a more inclusive space that welcomes all. I am sorry if not using gendered insults is too heavy of a burden for you to bear.

Hekk fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Mar 28, 2023

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Greg Abbott is a piece of human trash and deserves the hatred he gets. His legs not working are not what makes him a terrible person. Him cashing in on his legs not working and loving over everyone who got hurt after him is one of the reasons why he's a scum bag. This has nuance and I can't write well enough to articulate everything.

Focus your criticisms on the lovely things Abbott has done and not on his disability.

Now everyone should talk about CURRENT EVENTS in the Current Events thread.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Stop

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Zamujasa posted:

poo poo like this i have no problem with, if you're getting a real tree to plant later then that's cool and good. it's the "yeah we just chopped it off at the bottom, put it in some water so it doesn't totally dry out before it turns into a shriveled husk :)" ones that can go away forever

I don’t really have strong feelings for or against live trees. I just wanted to make sure you knew that they have dedicated tree farms for this. They plant acres of fast growing coniferous trees and stagger which portions are harvested and replanted so there are always new trees to cut down each winter.

It’s not like dudes with chainsaws are running through forests cutting down all the pine trees they can find and selling them in the Lowes parking lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

1 year 4 months confinement for growing some plants? Seems a bit steep.