Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

armpit_enjoyer
Jan 25, 2023

my god. it's full of posts

CommieGIR posted:

They are trying to undo WFH at my office, calling it 'Hybrid Work' but demanding people come in at least 3 days a week.

Its not working.

My soon-to-be-ex-company did three attempts at scaling back mandatory WFH for everyone.

Each time they started off with a "welcome back to the office!" party.

Go ahead and guess how that went.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

armpit_enjoyer
Jan 25, 2023

Kith posted:

He swore up and down that "real people don't care about the distinction", which caused no end of drama when the players constantly reported the issue of ammunition being incorrectly described in-game and he stubbornly refused to "allow" it to be changed, because "all changes need to be agreed upon, that's why we're a team".

So we changed it anyway and didn't tell him. He threw a huge tantrum about it when he found out about it months later.

At the time I was furious about it, but now it's hilarious to me. This dude got SO MAD that he had been owned in a videogame once that he deliberately destroyed a project he'd sunk thousands of dollars into, and I got a bunch of good contacts out of that workplace and used those to further my career. One of us came out on top in the long run, and it definitely wasn't him.

If there's ever a movie about him, I want it to star John Leguizamo.

armpit_enjoyer
Jan 25, 2023

https://twitter.com/jowens510/status/1632931143355072514

It's going so well for Elon. Truly, never before has a man won so many internets

armpit_enjoyer
Jan 25, 2023

I said this before and I'll say it again

Elon Musk is a redditor who desperately wishes he was a goon. He is fully aware he'd get chased away from here instantly and that awareness kills him inside.

armpit_enjoyer
Jan 25, 2023

bulletsponge13 posted:

Oh, that's cool.

Didn't we already exempt ourselves from ICC under threat of military action?

Oh, about that; I posted this in the GBS Ukraine thread already:

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1633548066753249280

quote:

WASHINGTON — The Pentagon is blocking the Biden administration from sharing evidence with the International Criminal Court in The Hague gathered by American intelligence agencies about Russian atrocities in Ukraine, according to current and former officials briefed on the matter.

American military leaders oppose helping the court investigate Russians because they fear setting a precedent that might help pave the way for it to prosecute Americans. The rest of the administration, including intelligence agencies and the State and Justice Departments, favors giving the evidence to the court, the officials said.

armpit_enjoyer
Jan 25, 2023

shame on an IGA posted:

some of those that work forces
eat a paste that's for horses

armpit_enjoyer
Jan 25, 2023

Nuclear Tourist posted:

Most of the things Lance Reddick was in passed me by, but I did watch Fringe. That was a cool show.

I cannot stress this enough: if you haven't seen The Wire, you need to sit your rear end down and watch The Wire.

armpit_enjoyer
Jan 25, 2023

bulletsponge13 posted:

I stand by the statement that anyone anti-drag should be required to attend Drag Bingo.

My wife and I went with a friend couple of hers to a queer (their title, not mine) burlesque show that featured trans and drag performers. My wife's friends met as working in the state prison. Jeremy was having a great time, but was really reserved and quiet after. Not bigotted or hateful, but Jeremy is a cis hetero who works in a prison, and has all the normal biased baggage that comes with it. They are huge in music and concerts, and he's never demonstrated any lovely behavior (or else I wouldn't go. Her friends are not my friends, and being an adult in America gives me the right to free association). No issues with LGBT that we knew of. The ladies ran to the bathroom, and I decided to check on him.

"That was awesome. That one chick was crazy hot."

Awkward, and quietly, he said, "Yeah, but I kept wondering which had dicks." I could tell homedude was a little too caught up on trying to figure his attractions out, and wasn't sure how to process his hang up.

"I just assumed all of them. Doesn't make my boner any weirder, or them less hot."

Laughs, "Really?"

"Hell yeah. poo poo, I ain't gay, but that short haired chick was hot enough to top. Emily can hold the camera or leave the room."

His wife texted mine and said that on the ride home, he was all excited, and talking about going to the next one. She also said he was noticeably more comfortable and open on the ride home.

"Jeremy said to ask Mike about his weird boner."

"Which one?"

This story made me smile :)

Please tell us about your weird boners in detail.

armpit_enjoyer
Jan 25, 2023

Neo-nazi sympathiser and TERF supreme Posie Parker just finished her tour of Australia, where she was hounded by transgender counter-protesters and antifascists at every step. She came to New Zealand, and, well,

https://twitter.com/Leo_Puglisi6/status/1639421143303208961

She has subsequently cancelled the rest of her appearances in the country and went back to the UK.

You know, sometimes you wake up and the news is good :unsmith:

armpit_enjoyer
Jan 25, 2023

Here's hoping people in the UK continue the good work of their Aotearoan comrades!

armpit_enjoyer
Jan 25, 2023

The Eyes Have It posted:

About twentyish years ago I read about a city employee who had the job of emptying parking meters. Apparently over the years he pocketed close to like two million in quarters, or some similar ridiculous number. His bank thought he was a vending machine guy.

poo poo fell apart, as I recall, when the taxman wondered where the huge loving house came from.

You couldn't pull a scam like that these days. Everybody's paying with their phone apps like an rear end in a top hat. No consideration for the little guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

armpit_enjoyer
Jan 25, 2023

Oh wow, haven't heard a MP3 this crunchy since the days of adobe flash