Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

...or Rupert Murdock throwing all of Fox News under the same bus? :)

This really surprised me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

At my last job, WFH ended after about 8 months. At my current job, it ended literally the week before I started.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Hekk posted:

So we drum up more bilateral training with our Mexican counterparts and provide funding (with strings and oversight) to stand up more anti cartel task force operations.

Why would we put US boots on Mexican soil without it being a part of training we’d been invited to?

Because we're out of Iraq and Afghanistan.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

"Charges filed against Trump in overdue parking fines investigation"

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

The economy is about to poo poo itself hard and even before that, the best opinions of Biden are basically "eh." The GOP primaries are going to be the most interesting part of this election.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

bird food bathtub posted:

"The Economy" will be bad when rich people say it is. It is and has been loving poo poo for decades for a lot of, I'd even believe most though that's stretching, people. It's just not the people that belong to the class that gets to produce propaganda and purchase narratives.

When we're talking about an election, and the electorate's views of likely candidates, I think it's pretty clear that's not what I'm talking about. Interest rates keep climbing while businesses keep pushing "raise prices" button to match, lenders are tightening the belt which is about to start loving people over even further, and as stupid as the bank fiasco is, it's shaking things up. And of course, we have utter morons running Treasury and the Fed.

Can't imagine why I'm not optimistic.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

The legal equivalent of
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ry55--J4_VQ&t=38s

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Soup making the news twice in a week.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

facialimpediment posted:

This escape didn't end up working, but the associated picture is an all-timer.

https://twitter.com/LivEchonews/status/1640816840304730113

don't be a pubbie - always remember to look up

Must be a Firefly fan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Milo and POTUS posted:

This is my favorite part of modern US residential "planning". Tearing poo poo out and naming it after the stuff that was destroyed.

I like how those names continue to spread and get used in other areas.