Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

I take offense to this *breaks thing not having considered the practical applications of his brilliant plan*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

pantslesswithwolves posted:

I feel like if he was trying to position Harris as his successor, he would have made an effort to give her some wins that she could use to establish her bona fides as the next president, but her media profile seems pretty small and otherwise diminished. Buttigieg also seems like he’s less viable since Republicans will try to hang the Norfolk Southern, gas prices and the lovely situation with airlines on him even if he seems to be making a serious and concerted effort at doing his job. The legacy of the 2020 primaries looks like it was the Democrats coming together to position Biden as the logical candidate while handing out admin jobs to his rivals and that seems to have also made Harris and Buttigieg less viable in 2024.

Biden is already at the age where people should be taking annual driving tests to make sure they’re still competent to drive, let alone run the country. I don’t think it’s that big of an ask to have a president not from the generation of lawmakers that has had a stranglehold on political leadership for over 30 years.

An aside on Buttigieg, and I think I've made this argument before. He's done a perfectly fine job as Secretary of Transportation, and the Norfolk Southern bullshit is the end result of nearly a century of malfeasance and cutting corners by the rail industry that's only going to get worse before it gets better. I'd be shocked if he doesn't have an aide carry around a fire extinguisher on a daily basis for situations caused by his predecessors (his former specifically).

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

That is a great way to gently caress up a billion dollars.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

I am shellshocked that this exists. Hat tip to the creator.

I would be very pleased if someone turned this into an Amazon Echo Theme (if that exists!?)

SquirrelyPSU fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Apr 2, 2023