Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AtraMorS
Feb 29, 2004

If at the end of a war story you feel that some tiny bit of rectitude has been salvaged from the larger waste, you have been made the victim of a very old and terrible lie

Cool Dad posted:

Wasn't at least one of these mayors portrayed in We Own This City?
Catherine Pugh (the one with the children's book scam). It's been a minute since I've seen it, but I believe part of the storytelling framing is that Freddie Gray's murder and the subsequent protests bring in a federal investigation, which overlaps with the transition from Stephanie Rawlings-Blake to Pugh.

David Simon's covered the other one too though. If Carcetti in The Wire is a bit of a stand-in for Martin O'Malley, then Nerese Campbell would be Sheila Dixon, she of the gift card theft.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtraMorS
Feb 29, 2004

If at the end of a war story you feel that some tiny bit of rectitude has been salvaged from the larger waste, you have been made the victim of a very old and terrible lie
I saw an interesting point on youtube and thought I might get a reasonably informed answer/discussion here. What are the chances that Trump's security detail starts manipulating press reports about when/where certain legal appearances are going to be? Like, current reporting is saying he'll be arraigned or whatever on Tuesday. What are the chances that's deliberate bullshit and it happens Saturday/middle of the night sometime/whatever?