Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Elon didn't business hard enough. He didn't fire enough people. He was too woke. The Woke left conspired against him. Just make some poo poo up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

If this happens it'll be a lot worse than any previous military boondoggle the US has been mired in. For one thing the people being abused will be able to walk to where the ones responsible live. For another, I do believe that there would be some minds on the right dreaming up an Ultimate Answer to the Mexican Conundrum.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Mappo posted:

81-year-old Senator Mitch McConnell fell and is now hospitalized.

https://www.npr.org/2023/03/09/1162113102/mitch-mcconnell-hospitalized-after-fall

On the one had, too bad so sad, on the other, he'll be replaced with someone worse.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
By worse I hope that it was understood that I meant in the sense of morality and quality as a human being. Not that McConnell was an exemplar in either category, but I also don't particularly think that he's a white nationalist.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

orange juche posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txZRYMBfy_I

Current event: Steezus Christ shredded for our sins

My bones liquefied just looking at this.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Nuclear Tourist posted:

Joke's on them, my retirement plan is already "work until I drop dead".

And I'm genX, if I'm that hosed, I can barely conceive how bad its going to get for younger generations.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
That sounds about right, the powerful will expend resources a hundredful over the harm a slight might cause, and it's still only the merest fraction of their wealth.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Mirconium posted:

Postal office is buying 10k e-transits, so it's not all bad.

E-transits actually don't have amazing range because they had to shoe-horn a battery onto a frame that was made for other stuff, but still, that's some gasoline off the roads.

100 miles of range is probably way more than enough for most daily postal routes. I can see where it would be wholly inadequate for rural routes, but gas is still a thing for that.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Sandwiches are well and good, but like most things Americans could stand to eat smaller ones with more vegetables. It’s the same poo poo as beef, you don’t have to be a vegan but for like 98% of the population less red meat would lead to better health outcomes.

You do you, but going into old age with metabolic syndrome sucks a lot more than without.

So what you're saying is I should eat more banh mi. Done.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Herbert and Brian never lost a long series of land battles.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

CBJSprague24 posted:

Was the point of spraying it with Jet-A to soak it in the hopes something sparked an explosion and Vlad could go "Not us, comrade"? :ussr:

The most realistic useful outcomes (for the Russians) is fowling the air intake, or gooping up the camera lens. It's possible that a dummy thought that the fuel that was safely stored inside the jet would suddenly become super explosive and/or flammable when sprayed on the UAV.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

facialimpediment posted:

So Donnie is claiming an "illegal leak" told him he'll be indicted on Tuesday, therefore he's calling for a mass protest to take the nation back. Then:

https://twitter.com/JesseRodriguez/status/1637064108737478658?t=pOkaYbLj-v65-nvRJ4zgQQ&s=19

Basically hinting at another January 6th and going to Waco is hilariously on the nose.

The Turner Diary types use Waco as a rallying cry. Trump knows EXACTLY who his constituency is.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

maffew buildings posted:

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2801827

Higher dose Ivermectin treatment vs placebo for outpatient COVID recovery. Can't believe it, the results are "Lol", "Lmao", "Lol, lmao" and "No, it doesn't help"

It's a shame dewormer doesn't work on brain worms.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

RFC2324 posted:

Yes he does.

He has a well documented relationship with Camilla, the chicken

If there is any muppet that has an explicitly carnal relationship, it is Gonzo.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Yeah that and I thought the post was saying us LEO is worse than Chinese secret police re: data which, well, I was gonna need some proof for. All a misunderstanding

Not worse, but gradable on the same scale.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

facialimpediment posted:

Always make sure you get your proper chocolate-to-peanut-butter ratios correct. Otherwise, this happens.

https://twitter.com/livenowfox/status/1639451785881600004

Natural gas explosion?

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

MRC48B posted:

That or steam

The gout of flame would suggest maybe not.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
I guess if you don't believe that TikTok has as one of its primary purposes the collection of metadata for a hostile foreign government then it makes sense for wanting it to stay on the US market.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

fknlo posted:

Even if I did believe this, once again, what exactly is this hostile foreign government going to do with the data that is any worse than what the private corporations and US government are already doing with the information?

That's a whataboutism of the highest order.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

McNally posted:

Is it, though? On the one hand we have "a 'hostile foreign government' is collecting our metadata for... reasons?" On the other we have "here is proof that domestic law enforcement is collecting our metadata and employing it against us."

How is that whataboutism?

It's a whataboutism in the sense that it's being suggested that nothing be done about it because "eh, we do it to ourselves". It's like like letting your neighbor's dog piss in your house because your own dog isn't housebroken. I mean, should we allow secret Chinese police stations because we've got lovely cops of our own?

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Even if it is whatboutism, why isn't that a valid question? The argument being made against TikTok is hypocrisy, mixed in with some orientalist racism. It's more like if your dog pissed all over your house, all of your neighbors houses, and occasionally took a poo poo in their pool, but you got all indignant the first time their dog peed on your lawn.

Honest question, I'm not clear how this isn't just standard espionage? I would generally assume if you're an American (or British, or French, or Russian, etc) citizen who's in a prominent role or fugitive overseas, there's probably a less than above board embassy/consular official who's going to keep tabs on you to some extent. Normal course of business with international relations, countries will call it out when it's found out or even make some arrests for later exchanges now and then, and maybe the country spying loses some face.

Not that it shouldn't be called out when it's uncovered, but what's unique about this case?

If you want to make the argument that the olds just want to ban something that they don't understand, or that their argument is couched in racism, I won't argue it. It's almost certainly true and I agree.

However, if it is significantly a tool for gathering metadata, and if China is a hostile nation, I don't see how those first two premises negate or even matter in light of those two things. A racist idiot is unlikely to be right, but it doesn't mean that they can't accidentally be right.

bengy81 posted:

I need Twitter to be banned too. I found out last week that my old man has a Twitter account.
It's public!
He put his face in his profile pic!
He uses it to make lewd replies to thirst traps and cam girls!

Can we at least ban Musk, the man cannot loving post.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Platystemon posted:

I would be OK with him being prime minister for life, from a certain perspective…

"For the rest of his..."

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Stravag posted:

Probably brazil. Fans of ethnic cleansing seem to keep ending up in Brazil

Wait, not Argentina?

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
His government has to be at the inflection point where either they start commiting crimes against humanity or their government collapses.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Even Michael Bloomberg wrote an editorial opposing the judicial changes. That’s like Elliot saying Queen Deidranna has gone too far.

I don't recall a Queen Deidranna in E. T.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
hurr hurr

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Arson Daily posted:

Where can I read about this because uh, that's really something. Not unsurprising at all, but still

It's not a one-sided issue. Crispus Attucks is a well known name. A number of slaves won their freedom fighting on either side of the conflict. However, it is complete true and fair that the British side was more popular among the slaves for the simple fact that they frequently offered freedom in exchange for working against their rebellious masters.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Burt posted:

:stonklol:

This will make you cross your erm... leg??

Also I don't know if anyone remembers the story of the stolen Nickle on the Amsterdam metals exchange? Someone stole bags of nickle ingots and replaced it with gravel? People were wondering how it was actually worth stealing such a low value substance. Well they stole 50 tons of it, that's how they made their money, worth approx £1,000,000.

Moving 50 tons of metal sounds way too much like actual work.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Yo this is crazy as all gently caress. I know dictators gonna dictate but jfc torching a whole country to (maybe) save yourself from your own actions??

Not a student of recent history, I see.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
The abyss gazes back.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

McNally posted:

This might be a GOP talking point

Any state where they can install compulsory christofascist education will have mandatory public education for the non-elite.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Nobody uses the front door in a rich household, anyhow. That just leads to the lawn you pay someone else to take care of.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
What the gently caress does the king of England have to do with this?

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
I would have tied it to the expiration of Desantis' copyright estate for extra eye poking.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
A thought occurs: does the British monarchy have any ownership stake in Disney?

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

McNally posted:

yeah, I just found out that the legal requirement is for a living person. So it's "last surviving grandchild plus 21 years"

GOP gonna try to bring down the royal family now

I wouldn't be too broken up over that since monarchies are a crime against humanity.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
I want a perp walk sooooo loving bad.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

I'm gonna need more lube.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
The grand jury vote to indict was the first popular vote Trump ever won.