Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

Milo and POTUS posted:

Wow he might actually be elon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah
I personally don't see the big deal. $250k is plenty for anybody to cover rent for a few months while they apply for jobs and get back on their feet. These guys are supposably such big captains of innovation, they could just work their way up from the mailroom somewhere. Only country where they could, imo

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

Mr. Nice! posted:

I wonder what the WSJ thinks is the reason SVB went down...

https://twitter.com/bcmerchant/status/1635331043216736256

...oh.

Veterans

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah
Watch We Own This City if you need 6 hours worth of Jon Bernthal hollerin in hard bawlmerese

We's up 'ere an got some earl all in your raddiator hun

edit:
am - bu - lance

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

bulletsponge13 posted:

I just have a beard that I like and don't want to shave, and have a weird aversion to bearded drag. I just need to do it.

don't be a drag just be a queen

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah
regarding the Metro Nashville PD, you do not gotta hand it to them. Average cop type dudes just love violence and authority in general, they aren't getting a gold star from me because our society is so hosed that occasionally (too occasionally) there's someone even more violent that we need them taken out to minimize the harm to innocents. One point I've read made is this: Look how fast they release the bodycam when the violence looks good on them. If the cops are breaking a little old lady's arm or shooting an unarmed teenager in the back, the bodycam seems to need a year and a half of review, but on this sad event they can't send it over to the newsroom fast enough. Congrats to those individual officers for getting some I guess, but they did a necessary thing. They don't need to be lionized.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

i thought grand juries only indict with a very high probability of conviction

HAIL SATAN

a grand jury will indict a ham sandwich is what I was told

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

incredible content on its way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

Zamujasa posted:

Mine (living in Vegas) was always places named absurd things, like "Pacific Islands" in Henderson that used to advertise

"Fantastic Ocean Views!*
(* just kidding)"

Better than the ones that are just random nonsense or numbers.

You reckon this was aimed at Vegas' considerable Hawaiian/Islander/PI population?