Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What will cause the heavyweight title to stay vacant this time?
This poll is closed.
Jon Jones goes on a pre-fight bender in Vegas 3 8.11%
Jon Jones goes on a post-fight bender in Vegas 1 2.70%
Jon Jones goes on a mid-fight bender in Vegas 4 10.81%
Jon Jones tests positive for supercocaine, which USADA spends the next three months pretending is normal 18 48.65%
A well-fought majority draw 1 2.70%
No Contest on account of simultaneous dick kicks 10 27.03%
Total: 37 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.

I assume that's the result of the DWCS funnel, where the UFC likely has a lot more control over incoming talent, in shaping what they see as normal, and in being able to standardize a process that makes sure new talent is paid a pittance. I don't actually know anything, that's just my guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Most of what CarlCX called sounds right, but I do think Dricus Du Plessis is going to drop Brunson, who really looked his age against Cannonier. My guess is that this is the beginning of the end for Brunson, and that this fight ends up being pretty lopsided for Du Plessis.

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Benson Cunningham posted:

Most of what CarlCX called sounds right, but I do think Dricus Du Plessis is going to drop Brunson, who really looked his age against Cannonier. My guess is that this is the beginning of the end for Brunson, and that this fight ends up being pretty lopsided for Du Plessis.

Heyyy I feel pretty good about this call. Brunson had some wrestling in round 1 go his way and traded for a little while, but was then just overpowered and blown out by the end of round 2.

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chris Barnett has forever endeared himself for that wheel kick into sumo flip he landed a year or so ago. Probably the best prelim moment I've ever seen.

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Buffer getting 50k a card is obscene in real terms.

It's really not though. He's an identifiable part of the prestige associated with the UFC. The ring announcers for ONE, Bellator, and other promotions pale in comparison. Just because fighters are underpaid doesn't mean he is overpaid.

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Tyson Harrison vs. Rambo was a banger, holy poo poo.

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Flaskraven posted:

This is the first time I've seen a Muay Thai fight. This is loving awesome.

Welcome to Muay Thai, where the prevailing ethos is that we trade until the bell and both believe the other person's body will shut down first.

Edit: Oh hell yeah, Rambo gets the bonus too. That's awesome.

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Avatar and Komawut are crazy. Probably over 80 elbows thrown in this fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Can you punch people in the neck? Legalize neck punches to keep heads safe.