Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What will cause the heavyweight title to stay vacant this time?
This poll is closed.
Jon Jones goes on a pre-fight bender in Vegas 3 8.11%
Jon Jones goes on a post-fight bender in Vegas 1 2.70%
Jon Jones goes on a mid-fight bender in Vegas 4 10.81%
Jon Jones tests positive for supercocaine, which USADA spends the next three months pretending is normal 18 48.65%
A well-fought majority draw 1 2.70%
No Contest on account of simultaneous dick kicks 10 27.03%
Total: 37 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

lmao @ that first picture in the OP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Jon Jones is the champ and GOAT the UFC deserves

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

I didn't know they stuck rubies on the belt for that. Do they just remove them now or something?

edit: Looks like just a removable plate that has the ruby sockets on it

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Looks like it's just a plate that can be removed with the fighter's name on it so they probably just change out the plate for the new champ. I would hope the previous champ keeps their plate. Here's Shevchenko holding one of them.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

I'm late to watching this but the latest ONE Friday Night Fights had a slam KO that was all kinds of dope. This happened just 18 seconds into the fight.

https://i.imgur.com/IbSPph5.mp4

That's a big o'l boy. Dude knew he was out and just walked off, too.

Unperson_47 fucked around with this message at 11:08 on Mar 7, 2023

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Do wins over Vacant count

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

we are going to have jon jones and colby covington as champs at the same time aren't we

edit: and maybe roided connor

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Thinking about how things would've gone if Leon Edwards hadn't eyepoked Belal like he was going in on a pint of Ben and Jerry's

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Colby was talking about how he's "Donald Trump's favorite fighter" during that interview and Megan Olivi was just like, "Uuhh...yeah. Ok"

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Ok now I'm glad Leon cheated so much

Mr. Nice! posted:

He loving suplexed someone into an armbar and tapped him out in seconds just because he could.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvxDU8xb0r0

This is the coolest thing I have ever seen.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

What if the heat gets Belal the title shot? Belal should call more racists racist, imo

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

I didn't start watching MMA until 2021 so every time someone posts clips from old fights, I'm amazed at how much the on screen graphics look like placeholder HUD elements from a video game that never came out.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

kimbo305 posted:

I get the idea that throwing things into the ring at any time is an extra element the AC doesn’t want the ref to deal with. I’ve certainly seen towel throws that landed short and not in the ref’s field of view.
Having an alternate process is fine. Not following through with it is the problem.

Surely we live in an age where we could do something more advanced than flinging a towel if that's their logic. Maybe a Predator netgun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

I'm overwhelmed now that ONE is putting on weekly shows so I've been skipping a lot of them. It's like wrestling all over again.