Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What will cause the heavyweight title to stay vacant this time?
This poll is closed.
Jon Jones goes on a pre-fight bender in Vegas 3 8.11%
Jon Jones goes on a post-fight bender in Vegas 1 2.70%
Jon Jones goes on a mid-fight bender in Vegas 4 10.81%
Jon Jones tests positive for supercocaine, which USADA spends the next three months pretending is normal 18 48.65%
A well-fought majority draw 1 2.70%
No Contest on account of simultaneous dick kicks 10 27.03%
Total: 37 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
I fully expect Jon to win a boring decision and then crash a car into a strip club in like 3 weeks time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
How much do you all think this would change if Dana hypothetically were to uh, disappear?

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Weeeeell gently caress. :smith:

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Still mad but also laughing at jon doing an unironic Carlton-style dance afterwards

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Wtf Derek Brunson?

Presumably a typo

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Anti Horse-meat Agenda

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
The Heferee!

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
I stopped watching after the post-fight interviews, did they bring colby out at the presser or something?

I liked leon just not giving colby a shred of attention in his interview, it's the worst thing possible for a guy like that.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

I don’t really understand this take. Colby is the biggest draw outside of Masvidal they could make, and there’s a good chance that Leon wins. That gives him more shine.

They’re also 100% hoping that Masvidal wins against Burns. If they do that and Leon wins, that’ll be the next title fight, meaning that Leon will start his reign off fighting the two most popular draws, which is the opposite of hobbling IMO.

And looking after that…if they can convince Nate to come back, that’s the obvious third fight. And then if Conor beats Chandler, that’s another fight. Leon’s in pretty good shape to fight 4 out of the top 6 or 7 draws at the company. All in matchups that he should be a sizable favorite for outside of Colby imo. He would be one of the biggest stars if he can pull it off and incredibly wealthy.

Sucks to be Muhammad or Rakhmonov. I think they only get title fights if absolutely necessary.

This is all true and simoultaneously describes exactly what is so wrong with UFC matchmaking these days, it loving sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
I saw some poo poo on twitter that's probably fake, but apparently Leon said he'd just straight up refuse to fight Colby next, anyone got an actual source for this?