Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What will cause the heavyweight title to stay vacant this time?
This poll is closed.
Jon Jones goes on a pre-fight bender in Vegas 3 8.11%
Jon Jones goes on a post-fight bender in Vegas 1 2.70%
Jon Jones goes on a mid-fight bender in Vegas 4 10.81%
Jon Jones tests positive for supercocaine, which USADA spends the next three months pretending is normal 18 48.65%
A well-fought majority draw 1 2.70%
No Contest on account of simultaneous dick kicks 10 27.03%
Total: 37 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Honestly I love DDP so far. Watching him win in spite of looking like the most gassed man on Earth for 2/3 of the fight is great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I remember when Gyllenhaal got in really good shape for Prince of Persia and complained about the process and how he'd never do anything like that again. They must have backed the money truck up to his front door.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Lid posted:

Look at the poster for Southpaw

Wow I didn't even know this movie existed.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Who are you even talking about?

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

https://twitter.com/DrakeRiggs_/status/1634426964697300992?t=R4uAg_U48cmq9ASGVs-tLw&s=19

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

The dirt bag MMA media have once again unfairly sabotaged the genius of Dana White.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Dana in the same frame as a championship belt for slapping is loving wild.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Conor is human garbage but in a vacuum it's cool he got to do poo poo loads of roids and give USADA the finger. I wish all the fighters had that leverage.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

mewse posted:

So I'm reading Conor was saying he's ready to go on the MMA hour and then USADA posted this to fact check him, and then Conor went ballistic on twitter and started threatening usada?

I know Dana would love to give Conor the sweetheart Lesnar deal where he doesn't have to do 6mo of clean testing but that led to the Mark Hunt lawsuit and there has to be people at UFC/USADA who don't want to go through that all over again..

Massive boot licker Michael Chandler isn't suing the UFC lol.

And also while I'm not a lawyer I think the new UFC contracts force disputes with the company into arbitration, so good luck with that. If only these dummies would unionize.

TheKingslayer fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Mar 17, 2023

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

One day any one of these fighters could be rewarded a dumb belt by The Rock. That's really what the sport is about.

Since I didn't notice it posted in the thread, I thought it was kind of interesting and slightly hosed that Colby was the backup fighter for the title fight tomorrow and when asked about it at the presser Leon and Kamaru apparently didn't know that at all.

I don't have any conspiratorial thoughts about it, it's just odd for neither participant to know who might be stepping in should something go awry.

https://twitter.com/jedigoodman/status/1636844708445184001?t=4B0Xy6scoALDbKqGVFDgsQ&s=19

TheKingslayer fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Mar 17, 2023

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Hey now, the company couldn't survive if this guy got suspended or fired. Keep talking like that and you'll find yourself in Dana's next thin skinned documentary striking back at his haters.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

It's WILD how much the UFC has wanted a Brit champion and they have one... but he's not the right one... for some reason... so let's hobble his run from jump with the most paper of paper contenders. It's like how in WWE they set up a guy they didn't want to be champion with a Kane feud.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Hmm. Sounds dumb, I'll take one Ben Askren, please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

In a way you can say the Askren trade ended up being a win for the UFC because it made Jorge a star through the KO, but that's more a happy accident for them than some shrewd business move. I also don't blame Mighty Mouse for being fed up with the UFC's bullshit and wanting the trade.