Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What will cause the heavyweight title to stay vacant this time?
This poll is closed.
Jon Jones goes on a pre-fight bender in Vegas 3 8.11%
Jon Jones goes on a post-fight bender in Vegas 1 2.70%
Jon Jones goes on a mid-fight bender in Vegas 4 10.81%
Jon Jones tests positive for supercocaine, which USADA spends the next three months pretending is normal 18 48.65%
A well-fought majority draw 1 2.70%
No Contest on account of simultaneous dick kicks 10 27.03%
Total: 37 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
Show Win Sponsorship

Jon Jones $3m $100k $42
Ciryl Gane $500k N/A $32k
Valentina Shevchenko $500k N/A $42k
Alexa Grasso $110k $100k $32k
Geoff Neal $85k N/A $10k
Shavkat Rakhmonov $36k $36k $6k
Mateusz Gamrot $44k $44k $6k
Jalin Turner $48k N/A $6k
Bo Nickal $12k $12k $6k
Jamie Pickett $75k N/A $6k
Cody Garbrandt $85k $85k $10k
Trevin Jones $30k N/A $6k
Derek Brunson $210k N/A $15k
Dricus du Plessis $30k $30k $6k
Viviane Araújo $30k N/A $6k
Amanda Ribas $48k $48k $6k
Julian Marquez $33k N/A $6k
Marc-André Barriault $42k $42k $6k
Ian Garry $22k $22k $6k
Song Kenan $48k N/A $6k
And then all the Dwcs dudes got 12/12.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?

Fozzy The Bear posted:

From where did this information come from? Nevada doesn't release pay anymore, and so now random twitter accounts just make it up and people retweet it as if it was accurate.

I googled ufc 285 payout and some article came up. I wouldn't even know how to go about fact checking or confirming or whatever.

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?

Mekchu posted:

This.

Random p just make nice looking graphics with like zero actual credible research into the pay to support it and random people on the internet assume it's legit etc.

Ah Kay fair enoigh. My bad y'all. It looked reasonable enough in the moment.

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
Bruce gets at least 50grand per fight?! That's disgusting

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?

quote:

The first season of Power Slap all took place in Las Vegas after the Nevada Athletic Commission (NAC) unanimously voted to sanction the sport this past October. Stephen Cloobeck, the former NAC chairman who voted to approve the sport in Nevada, recently told the Associated Press of his decision: “I made a mistake. I’m not happy about it.”

Neither are we Steve.

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?

Snowman_McK posted:

Holy poo poo Jones. Absolutely extraordinary.

There's a really good biopic that could be made about Jones. So incredibly good in the cage for so very long (last three title defences at LHW notwithstanding) while being incapable of not loving up outside of it. All his legal problems aside, he's just kind of clumsy. There's that clip of him trying to dunk a basketball and having the ball bounce out and land on his head. There's also that footage of Holly Holm casually outboxing him during sparring. Also he once came third behind Matt Riddle in a wrestling comp. He's not even good at sports or the inidvidual aspects of fighting, but he can put it all together. He put all his points into MMA and literally none into anything else.

I keep forgetting that Usman is fully 6'1 since he's so jacked he somehow looks shorter. Khabib had the same thing.

Beige did a three part series on him. It's 3 hours total.

Part 1: https://youtu.be/fLCy14u0Adc

Part 2: https://youtu.be/UwNtcoin_Iw

Part 3: https://youtu.be/GUJFGqgZUOQ

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
Speaking of Such Great Heights, does anyone remember John Fitch's documentary about the road to the title which was pending for about 6 years and then disappeared off the face of the planet. Cos I don't.

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
It's a real shame about Gilbert Burns too. He's 36 so not a spring chicken but his only recent losses are khamzat (unanimous decision but a hell of a fight) and to Usman. Giving him some marketing and getting him one last run would be a good move for a killer Brazil card. I think he'd handily tko Colby too.

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
The vibe on this forum when Robbie Lawler was ww champ was something else too. It was like everything came full circle.

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
That holm fight write up hahaha perfect in every way

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
UFC is too big to fail and we all know it

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
As bullshit as it is, the more I think about Colby vs Leon the more I like the fight itself..Colby's style of pressure and grind doesn't suffer too much from not being super active lately. His style isn't reflex based or timing based or rhythm based

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
Are you all forgetting Colby's fights with Usman? Yeah he lost and got stopped in the second fight but he fought his rear end off