Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What will cause the heavyweight title to stay vacant this time?
This poll is closed.
Jon Jones goes on a pre-fight bender in Vegas 3 8.11%
Jon Jones goes on a post-fight bender in Vegas 1 2.70%
Jon Jones goes on a mid-fight bender in Vegas 4 10.81%
Jon Jones tests positive for supercocaine, which USADA spends the next three months pretending is normal 18 48.65%
A well-fought majority draw 1 2.70%
No Contest on account of simultaneous dick kicks 10 27.03%
Total: 37 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

I don't judge fighters for their fanbases but holy poo poo Fedor's fanbase is (was?) the worst in the sport's history and probably always will be

That said I enjoyed him as a fighter and I still don't think calling him the heavyweight GOAT is all that crazy (even if I disagree)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

ilmucche posted:

I did not know about this one.

Card sounds great, will make for some good Sunday post-f1 watching

It's from this excellent article

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

https://twitter.com/aaronbronsteter/status/1631729412550053888

Congratulations to Brian Ortega for passing his drug tests lmao

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Tweak posted:

is there a bigger threat to jones' title at heavy weight other than himself?

Now that Francis is gone, no. I think him vs Stipe is an extremely intriguing match up but I'll hate when Jon inevitably wins it

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

CarlCX posted:

Also, man, I'm really happy for Alexa Grasso but if she gets past the rematch Erin Blanchfield is going to kill her.

It's cool that there's very interesting matchups at W125 that don't include Valentina

I know instant rematches for dominant champs is the standard and no one deserves it more than Valentina but I'm liking the sound of Grasso-Blanchfield more and more

chaleski fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Mar 5, 2023

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Gane losing to Jones isn't a huge shock but I figured he'd last longer against Jon than loving Chael Sonnen lmao

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Mr. Nice! posted:

Fighters should always throw a dick kick or two because they never get a point taken for the first or second.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jo5JE5sYtWg

Seems like you always get at least one free foul each, so might as well cash in your free eye poke/dick kick/cage grab per fight

Maybe cage grab isn't a good example, you can sometimes do that all night and only have the ref lightly slap your hands a few times

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

https://twitter.com/NeoValeTudo/status/1632088179242065922

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

lmao

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Usually if you kick someone square in the kneecap with your own shin, you come out worse right? I don't think I've seen anything like that before.

Page has some wildly violent finishes on his record, drat

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

:hmmyes:

Badr Hari keeps getting his rear end kicked and Alistair doesn't get any wins from cheating, win-win to me

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

I think he's bad because he hits women

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

GSP unified the belts in the rematch against Matt Serra, I guess that kinda counts

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

That's weird, I see it fine. It's that collegiate wrestler's mom who lost her poo poo yesterday

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

I don't think anything in MMA will ever blow me away as much as Serra-GSP 1, it still seems surreal

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Extremely good poo poo, Carl

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Between the ref, the losing fighter's corner, and the winner snapping an unconscious person's arm, everyone kinda sucks here

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

They'll absolutely make it an Undisputed Title if Colby's involved

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

To think this guy was a huge influence in first helping me get into MMA, and now I'd rather never hear him speak on anything again