Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What will cause the heavyweight title to stay vacant this time?
This poll is closed.
Jon Jones goes on a pre-fight bender in Vegas 3 8.11%
Jon Jones goes on a post-fight bender in Vegas 1 2.70%
Jon Jones goes on a mid-fight bender in Vegas 4 10.81%
Jon Jones tests positive for supercocaine, which USADA spends the next three months pretending is normal 18 48.65%
A well-fought majority draw 1 2.70%
No Contest on account of simultaneous dick kicks 10 27.03%
Total: 37 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
The OP chokes Awful App into a forever-spinning :v: which I will blame on the Jon Jones curse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
I gave GSP a pass when he got the immediate middleweight shot, but he also wasn’t a rampant cheat.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Sweaty IT Nerd posted:

Jones is going to set the record for felonies and then crash into a strip club in a white Bronco.

Where can I bet on that?
how can I prop bet this to involve recently freed man Billy McFarland?

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
where’s my prize for not cheating

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Someone supercut this with Randy and half a dozen fighters I can't remember right now.

I think the only ban he's ever stuck to was Paul Daley.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Brut posted:

It's a little hard to tell from context how much of what he's saying is "I won't let him fight in the UFC" and how much is "We've failed negotiations with him for years, it's realistically never gonna happen". Now obviously the reason for the failed negotiations is probably his own greed and desire to underpay everyone etc, but like if Ngannou suddenly decides he wants to fight for the same amount he was being paid before, I have a feeling Dana won't say no.
That plus the retirement clause is how they starved Randy out for years. Back then you could at least make the argument that co-promoting with M-1 / Vadim Finkelstein in order to get Fedor in the cage would have been a terrible decision for the UFC, and Dana was likely still smarting from that time he let Chuck go to Pride and get trashed by Rampage (and nearly before that by desiccated Overeem). Ngannou's situation is 150% about keeping a boot on fighter pay after letting Conor get out of hand. Their biggest nightmare is someone who gets that amount of star power, performs consistently, and is too smart to self-immolate.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Jerusalem posted:

Mr. Bulger please don't blow your cover, the world thinks you're dead.
Whitey’s life lesson to his kid from the Black Mass trailer but it’s about slapping ones wife

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Atom is that you

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
maybe if the UFC paid fighters instead of anyone reasonably athletic and north of 225lbs seeing the NFL as safer, more ethical, and vastly more lucrative

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Brut posted:

Obviously UFC should pay fighters more but the difference between MMA pay (in any organization, even for champions) and NFL pay is astronomical isn't it?
I can't substantiate this, but back when Jones was at his peak I recall people on this very forum saying he out-earned both his brothers.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Mekchu posted:

How is it considered unsuccessful if the kick connected with Jones' cup and caused the fight to need a break in the action for Jones to recover from the nut shot?
how is any time jones gets kicked in the dick not a victory on some level

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
DON’T HOLD DE SHORTZ

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Snowman_McK posted:

pretty sure you can make more as a bouncer in a mid sized city than you can in the UFC.

Actually, I said this sort of jokingly, but i picked a random heavyweight and it turns out he's on 25,000 a fight.

He actually could make more as a bouncer where I live, like really easily.
Holy poo poo; I could make more than that as a bouncer.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
12/12 is loving dogshit considering prelim fighters were getting 5/5 prior to Griffin-Bonnar 1.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

brian posted:

you know they're going to act like the UFC is the only possible way to fight for money other than brawling in underground criminal fight clubs too, once again denying paul daley's existence
I hope the movie includes Jake booing his own fight

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Calvinist upbringing, Calvinball lifestyle.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

lmfao. picturing a coked out Hobbes just eyepoking the poo poo out of Calvin
I used to have a frame of Hobbes saying "I want you to hit me as hard as you can" to Calvin and it's killing me that I can't find it right now.

Hollandia posted:

This has some real 'please help me, my fight promotion company is dying' energy.
please, my payroll; she is very sick!

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
It was way simpler, but that one’s nice too xD

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

:stare:

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
“In theatres” eh? What kind?

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
it doesn’t help that Bruce is starting to look like his own deepfake

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Kragger99 posted:

I used to be a MMA fighter like you, then I took a kick in the knee
That was thankfully less gnarly than I expected... but his ACL is gone, right?

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
It looks like his opponent's femur isn't in line with the kick and the thick part of his shin is below the impact, so the kneecap takes the full force. Maybe better than I originally thought since presumably you can bolster the kneecap more easily than you can rehab an ACL? Either way it's loving brutal.

Shumagorath fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Mar 11, 2023

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
when VC money starts flowing again I'm pitching a premium VR/braindance/gig economy subscription for power slap where everyone watching is also slapped

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Izzy should not be talking poo poo about going to sleep in round 5.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

CarlCX posted:

Oh no, my friend. That was the big glitzy season finale. They were astroturfing fake engagement to pretend people watched its championship blowoff.
That kind of championship would definitely be a better product.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
hoping dana enters his off-strip howard hughes phase and power slap season 3 is held entirely in his hotel suite while he alone watches in a bathrobe

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Sweaty IT Nerd posted:

Anyway, laugh at Dana and dig them cats and dogs. That's my motto.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
He picks that baggie immediately omg

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
send colby to white power slap and use a two-headed coin

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Snowman_McK posted:

There's still some beautiful timing, as the suplex-bar comes right after Joe says 'at this point, getting to the final bell would be a real achievement for Borg'
He’d had four whole rounds to adapt to the rest of DJ’s arsenal and was only vulnerable to instagibs.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
GSP-Masvidal would have looked like when Usman smeared him on late replacement, except the same thing would happen even with the best camp of Jorge’s life.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
It’s absolutely crushing when you consider she’s the woman who handled Ronda like a bullfighter.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Jesus that's the Middle Easy Mascot? He looks like poo poo.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Spaced God posted:

Wait what the gently caress kind of rule is it that a corner can't throw in the towel? That's insane
<random passersby yell in unison> DEEP IN THE HEART OF TEXASSSSS

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Orange Carlisle posted:

this will somehow probably still be better than the new road house with connor
Wait, they’re doing ANOTHER Roadhouse on top of the Jake and Ronda remakes? Or is Conor going to be the stylistically impoverished sex pest crime lord Jake drives out of town with kickboxing?

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

chaleski posted:

They'll absolutely make it an Undisputed Title if Colby's involved
While everyone knows with 100% certainty that a bulked-up Khabib would dumpster him.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Orange Carlisle posted:

I think many of us are hate watching at this point
Pirate streams only.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Tweak posted:

maybe jake paul will save us
April thread title right there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU