Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What will cause the heavyweight title to stay vacant this time?
This poll is closed.
Jon Jones goes on a pre-fight bender in Vegas 3 8.11%
Jon Jones goes on a post-fight bender in Vegas 1 2.70%
Jon Jones goes on a mid-fight bender in Vegas 4 10.81%
Jon Jones tests positive for supercocaine, which USADA spends the next three months pretending is normal 18 48.65%
A well-fought majority draw 1 2.70%
No Contest on account of simultaneous dick kicks 10 27.03%
Total: 37 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Digital Jedi posted:

Amazing thread as always Carl

But for true good stuff here is this
https://twitter.com/shaunalshatti/status/1631012992459636737?s=20

Do they not have a fight lined up for Big Ben yet and that's why it just says "also featuring" or is he doing a half hour lounge set between the main and co-main

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

With three years between bouts, talk about a heavy wait!! Thank you for loving my joke, anything is possible through christ

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Yeah I'd think the biggest reason they keep using the Apex is because it lets them put on a shitload of disposable fight nights that would never otherwise sell out an arena, and do it for the lowest possible cost per card

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

this is also how i'm preceded whenever i arrive anywhere - grocery stores, nail salons, courtrooms,

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Now be fair, he only missed weight by 1 (one) small to medium sized adult dog

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

I wonder how long the white power slap hour can astroturf itself into relevancy and what the total damage will end up being - the marketing blitz felt like good money after bad before the show even aired, now we're at the "faking twitter engagement from ham-and-eggers and abandoned accounts" stage and its only the second (?) episode

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

ilmucche posted:

Power slap loving sucks and I'm here to celebrate it not getting traction as a form of mixed martial arts (because it sucks), and because Dana White (who also sucks) thinks so highly of it and himself that he attached his name to the product (which sucks)

:hai: It is fun to ridicule bad things, especially when they fail very publicly, and it being tied to Dana White makes it as relevant of a topic here as any of the other UFC personalities' pursuits outside the octagon (opening steak restaurants, starting whiskey companies, beating up pensioners, hitting pregnant women with cars, etc)

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

LobsterMobster posted:

Natasha Kuziutina got a cat

Oh man that cat's either gonna ask me an impossible riddle or walk straight into a wall without slowing down, no middle ground between the two

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Hahahaha oh poo poo you weren't joking even a little

https://i.imgur.com/zPbtP3D.mp4

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Snowman_McK posted:

I keep forgetting that Usman is fully 6'1 since he's so jacked he somehow looks shorter. Khabib had the same thing.

This is also how I feel about Uriah Hall, he looks like a chiseled featherweight that someone scaled up in photoshop

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

CommonShore posted:

I've gone from holding out hope that the UFC will start doing things right to hoping that they keep making all of the worst loving decisions and that they gently caress up their business.

Same, except all of humanity's wretched endeavors and not just the UFC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Check him for fresh scars next time he fights, with that much fluctuation he's gotta be getting stuff taken out and then put back in later