Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What will cause the heavyweight title to stay vacant this time?
This poll is closed.
Jon Jones goes on a pre-fight bender in Vegas 3 8.11%
Jon Jones goes on a post-fight bender in Vegas 1 2.70%
Jon Jones goes on a mid-fight bender in Vegas 4 10.81%
Jon Jones tests positive for supercocaine, which USADA spends the next three months pretending is normal 18 48.65%
A well-fought majority draw 1 2.70%
No Contest on account of simultaneous dick kicks 10 27.03%
Total: 37 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

mewse
May 2, 2006

Snowman_McK posted:

I thought he was actually a pretty decent actor. It seemed like he could have had a decent niche as a character actor/heavy. Kind of like Lavell Crawford: someone who's intimidating looking but also has plenty of personality. Wonder what happened.

Rampage was a good actor in that A-Team reboot movie but there’s tons of footage of him being rapey with female reporters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mewse
May 2, 2006

Chael is speculating that Jones is injured based on him doing pool exercises in footage from Embedded

mewse
May 2, 2006

Marching Powder posted:

what's his face from tuf? t money? something like that?

Jesse Taylor

e: who, :ortiz:, was re-hired and promptly failed a drug test

mewse fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Mar 4, 2023

mewse
May 2, 2006

Skjorte posted:

He sure did make Gane look like poo poo, though. Massively disappointing.

Gane looked terrified. Kinda reminds me of Conor/Aldo how bad Jones got in his head

mewse
May 2, 2006

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

just watched Jon Jones' post-fight presser. he genuinely has one of the most fascinating brains I've ever seen, even by MMA standards. he answers the first 12 minutes of questions by talking about how humble he is now, how grateful, how spiritual, but especially now he's really just taking this opportunity to be humble. then someone asks him to respond to Francis saying "congrats from the heavyweight king" and he just says "Francis is a huge pussy...all that muscle with a big rear end pussy".

clipped it here:

https://streamable.com/x0wz3w

he's definitely going to drunk drive again.

also:

He's smart enough to say "pride cometh before the fall" but not smart enough to like, sidestep the easily avoidable fall. Joe Rogan telling him he's cemented himself as the best fighter of all time means he's doing everything right and nobody can criticize him.

mewse
May 2, 2006

So I'm reading Conor was saying he's ready to go on the MMA hour and then USADA posted this to fact check him, and then Conor went ballistic on twitter and started threatening usada?

I know Dana would love to give Conor the sweetheart Lesnar deal where he doesn't have to do 6mo of clean testing but that led to the Mark Hunt lawsuit and there has to be people at UFC/USADA who don't want to go through that all over again..

mewse
May 2, 2006

Beeswax posted:

Some spectacularly uncalled for follow-up on the ground there

The ref wasn't very quick to jump in

mewse
May 2, 2006

Brut posted:

I hope Colby doesn't get the title shot, but if he does, I hope Leon knocks him out in the first round and he goes away for a long time.

Dana while turning red: "Colby was ASSAULTED"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mewse
May 2, 2006

Marching Powder posted:

jesus christ i just learned that pereira weighed 184 on the scale and 219 on fight day. that is absurd. that is rumble at welterweight level cut. loving hell he's monstrous.

weight fluctuations of 35lb in a single day seem completely healthy to myself, who isn't a doctor, and