Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
BIG DAY FOR THE CAPTAIN, DYLAN LARKIN

AND AN EVEN BIGGER DAY FOR THE CAPTAIN, STEVE YZERMAN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

like… there are orgs that are so inept it’s funny but Vancouver is just loving sad.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

VOTE1 posted:

I’m pretty sure Canucks ownership have a ban on owning more than 1 pick per round. I was so close to thinking they had a long term plan.

https://twitter.com/harmandayal2/status/1631054603595960320?s=46&t=M1v0104mu8Y4ldpII8R_rQ

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
The Canucks rule.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Canucks trading a first rounder for a guy a her from UFA certainly is a thing.

Hronek will be an RFA when his current contract is up.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

grack posted:

I know better than to trust twitter!

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

grack posted:

well then i hope he likes 1 year bridge qualifying offers.

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

Like so many Canucks trades and decisions (OEL the exception), the actual trade in isolation is fine. The timing is always 3 years early.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Mike Works posted:

WE ARE IN 6TH LAST IN THE LEAGUE, LET'S RETOOL ON THE FLY BABY, GOTTA GET RID OF OUR CAPTAIN BECAUSE WE SIGNED THIN BLUE LINE GUY, OH gently caress GOTTA TRADE THIN BLUE LINE GUY THAT CONTRACT IS TOO BIG WHO GAVE HIM THAT

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Wait so the Canucks are giving up a draft pick that'll be like top 15 (probably) for Hronek? He's good but uhhh

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Yes lol

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Jim Rutherford does not like having draft picks, and the higher they are the more he hates having them

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Wait so the Canucks are giving up a draft pick that'll be like top 15 (probably) for Hronek? He's good but uhhh

If the Canucks held the pick yes it would likely be around 15th 2023. Now that they have traded it, congratulations to Detroit you just won the 2024 lottery!

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Are you not allowed to like top-5 protect another team's pick when you trade it to a third team, or are you and Rutherford just didn't bother about it

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

He's not even signed long term we have to figure out how to pay him and Pettersson with all the piss rear end contracts on the books after next year. Why would you ever trade for a guy who got bridged? He'll be pissed and want his money, doubly so on a new team he has no loyalty to.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

AntiDepressor
Jun 3, 2011
https://twitter.com/media_sens/status/1631067899610689537?s=46&t=EjAePfUh-xwJ1SsgIBsHRQ

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Ottawa rules. Next year they're a playoff tram

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

HE COST LESS THAN HRONEK??????????

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

That's all it took to get Chychrun?

Why the gently caress didn't the Canucks go for him?

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Ahh gently caress I knew those back to back poo poo kickings of Detroit would haunt them

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
Coyotes held on too long and got burnt. Sad. Ah well. The conditions are pretty funny. The 2nd becomes a 1st if the Sens reach the ECF next year.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

That condition must be if they make playoffs its a first?

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

grack posted:

Why the gently caress didn't the Canucks go for him?

The difference is the 2nd can become a top 10 protected first if they make the ECF THIS YEAR WHICH THEY WILL NOT DO. That's the total difference in value between the trades.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

VOTE1 posted:

If the Canucks held the pick yes it would likely be around 15th 2023. Now that they have traded it, congratulations to Detroit you just won the 2024 lottery!

They gave up the Islanders conditional pick they got in the Horvat trade. It's going to be a mid to late first this year.

What the gently caress? Why?

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Holy poo poo what robbery

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Oilers were apparently close yesterday on Chychrun before the Yotes asked for more so I'm curious what the ask was from them cause that seems pretty good

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Simplex posted:

They gave up the Islanders conditional pick they got in the Horvat trade. It's going to be a mid to late first this year.

What the gently caress? Why?

Why would they not? The have a real shot at a WC this year, they're young and up and coming, and they paid not very much for an excellent still kinda young D with term and a cheap price tag

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

I legit think Ottawa is making the WC and pushing the Islanders out

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
contract the drat Arizona Coyotes! sick of them!

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

was there a directive to do as much crazy poo poo at trade deadline that I missed in the CBA or what

AntiDepressor
Jun 3, 2011

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Oilers were apparently close yesterday on Chychrun before the Yotes asked for more so I'm curious what the ask was from them cause that seems pretty good

I thought they didn’t want to take any money back for Chychrun (for whatever reason). Would make sense why they went with Ekholm where they could move Barrie. They aren’t taking anything back from the sens.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Well gently caress

what'cha gonna do now, Hextall

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

"Wow our team has so many holes in the lineup because we repeatedly fail to hold onto draft picks to develop good young players in critical positions! I guess the only solution is to trade more draft picks to fill those holes!"

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Diet Crack posted:

was there a directive to do as much crazy poo poo at trade deadline that I missed in the CBA or what

don't curse it

we've been asking for more at the trade deadline for years

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
sabres fans melting down after pining for chychrun for more than a year lmao

it's crazy that after all the speculation and drama, THAT's the package that gets it done. i feel like at least a dozen more teams should have outbid that

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Asking for two 1sts and a blue chip prosoect for 2 years and then taking the only deal left on the table because every other suitor moved on to another D…classic Arizona

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

Simplex posted:

Yes, but the condition is it goes to 2024 if NYI are bottom 13. Not super likely but the islanders could be a lottery team with a Sorokin season ending injury. They could be this year still with him playing well.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

btw hronek is also hurt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

I'm... surprised Hextall didn't top that for Chychrun and morbidly fascinated to see what he's about to pay for J.T. Miller or Tyler Myers.