Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

After all that, Ottawa is the team that goes for Chyrchen?

Ok

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Just wild we hear about the insane asking price for so long and hour before the trade finally happens, Filip Hronek gets a better return

It genuinely sucks how bad the Coyotes are, move that team

E: geez wonder what happened in the last 48 hours? Dumbass GM

https://twitter.com/pierrevlebrun/status/1631071751256829954?s=46&t=lWfDsVkqO0a3XvaqInNTIw

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

The Dirty Burger posted:

Just wild we hear about the insane asking price for so long and hour before the trade finally happens, Filip Hronek gets a better return

It genuinely sucks how bad the Coyotes are, move that team

E: geez wonder what happened in the last 48 hours? Dumbass GM

https://twitter.com/pierrevlebrun/status/1631071751256829954?s=46&t=lWfDsVkqO0a3XvaqInNTIw

There's an extra 2nd round pick in the Chychrun deal. Still would've preferred him over Hronek

Canucks better drat well fleece Pittsburgh for something, now.

Krime
Jul 30, 2003

Somebody has to do the scoring around here.
Prices are stupid high or stupid low... There is no in between

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
I have missed the Hronek trade between threads, what was it?

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

That's pretty rough for AZ. They didn't deal him last year because they didn't get an offer they thought was good enough. They went with it again this year, had sky high asks. After all the other teams balked at the ask and got other defensemen, AZ has to take what is a pretty egregious return for a 24 year old with cheap term who's really good.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

tarbrush posted:

Canucks gave up the first they got from NYI and a 2nd for Hronek and a 4th

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

https://twitter.com/BuffaloSabres/status/1631070638457643011

Wow how rude, the Kings didn't even observe a day of mourning for Quick.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

tarbrush posted:

https://twitter.com/Canucks/status/1631048553299599364?s=20

i stopped feeling anything anymore i hate my team so much

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
I feel like the Canucks getting Bedard is the cruelest thing that could possibly happen for Canucks fans everywhere, most prominently Connor Bedard.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Jesus Christ, how did most teams blow this?

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
The condition has got to be like "it's only protected if we get first overall" because otherwise what the gently caress Arizona

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Not that anybody but Pungry would know, but has Chychrun ever played RD? The left side has honestly been decent with Chabot, Sanderson and Brannstrom. After Zub the right side is a wasteland

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

CBJSprague24 posted:

Jesus Christ, how did most teams blow this?

Arizona bad at everything

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
I guess that's the nail in the coffin for the Blues moving a defender this year :sigh:

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Ottawa was the only team willing/able to not send salary back apparently

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
The Blues just moved Pareyko like yesterday didn't they

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Jamwad Hilder posted:

The condition has got to be like "it's only protected if we get first overall" because otherwise what the gently caress Arizona

The pulled the old Ron Francis and asked for ridiculous terms until everyone told them to pound sand. Then just had to take the best offer they could get.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Top 5 protected

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Eric the Mauve posted:

Nope. Parayko is still a Blue

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

Eric the Mauve posted:

No, there were rumors teams were interested (Edmonton and Ottawa specifically), but he's still here until 2030.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

ThinkTank posted:

https://twitter.com/Canucks/status/1631048553299599364?s=20

i stopped feeling anything anymore i hate my team so much

Well. That's.

Well.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

Spring Break My Heart posted:

Ottawa was the only team willing/able to not send salary back apparently

The Auston Matthews to Arizona rumors are real, huh.

The Dirty Burger posted:

Not that anybody but Pungry would know, but has Chychrun ever played RD? The left side has honestly been decent with Chabot, Sanderson and Brannstrom. After Zub the right side is a wasteland

Don't ask me, I don't know how positions work lol

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

it’s not that other teams wouldn’t match that price, it’s that Arizona held out on an insane price too long, everyone spent their picks, and then the Yotes reduced the price after a bunch of teams dropped out because they had to move Chychrun after holding him out for so long and had no leverage. The coyotes played themselves.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Mike_V posted:

No, there were rumors teams were interested (Edmonton and Ottawa specifically), but he's still here until 2030.

I don't think the Oilers rumours were real. I think that's more a media thing from some of the old lugheads that write for the journal.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Koopa Kid posted:

it’s not that other teams wouldn’t match that price, it’s that Arizona held out on an insane price too long, everyone spent their picks, and then the Yotes reduced the price after a bunch of teams dropped out because they had to move Chychrun after holding him out for so long and had no leverage. The coyotes played themselves.

Imagine you're the Kings and you didn't trade much less for friggin Gavrikov and Korpisalo lmao

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Imagine you're the Kings and you didn't trade much less for friggin Gavrikov and Korpisalo lmao

Every GM other than Dorion has to be insanely pissed at that franchise right now, it’s absurd. A masterclass in anti-bargaining

whatis
Jun 6, 2012

eXXon posted:

https://twitter.com/BuffaloSabres/status/1631070638457643011

Wow how rude, the Kings didn't even observe a day of mourning for Quick.

FYI, the last time the Kings took a Sabres NCAA goaltending prospect it was Cal Peterson and uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yeah that didn't work out too well

rest in piss idiot

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

https://twitter.com/Gambo987/status/1631072098117353473

Rebuilding team refuses to pay three whole million dollars to acquire better draft picks. Great job Gary!!

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
That's what it took? Man gently caress you Hextall you incompetent hack.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

tarbrush posted:

to be clear no trades got missed between threads, i intentionally picked a quiet period so that wouldn't happen. we just kinda didn't post the hronek one's details or something.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

eXXon posted:

Rebuilding team refuses to pay three whole million dollars to acquire better draft picks. Great job Gary!!

https://www.spotrac.com/nhl/free-agents/ufa/?ref=trending-pages

They're saving the cap space and money for Kane and Toews and Pastrnak. Makes sense to me.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Ronnie striking out again

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Thinking about how the Canucks are already over the cap for next year

Wippersnapper
Nov 1, 2003

Stealing your favourite hockey teams
...in spirit.
Being a Canucks fan is an emotional rollercoaster. Just today I told someone how happy I was that they finally seemed to be embracing being bad but hey uhh…

I say this admitting I know nothing about Hroneck and he might be good but if the Islanders miss the playoffs ugh

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
That's ok ThinkTank Burkextall is going to bail you out!

I love my 'win now' team with dwindling years in their core stars being frugal. It's great!

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Arizona turning down better trades because they didn’t want to take on $3mil salary, loving hell Gary

AntiDepressor
Jun 3, 2011

ThinkTank posted:

Thinking about how the Canucks are already over the cap for next year

Eh, that can be worked out when they trade Quinn Hughes. They just got his replacement!

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

eXXon posted:

The money laundering team doesn’t want to actually spend any money. Makes sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

The Coyotes are a bullshit scam

There's no way they're not taking kickbacks under the table.

There's no way Bettman isn't getting a cut.