Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

Eric the Mauve posted:

Ghost Bear might be really good for Carolina

Yeah he was shockingly bad defensively in the games I watched this year, but Carolina made Tony D look like he wasn’t a complete liability so this will probably be a nice add to their pp unit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

Ginette Reno posted:

Quiet you. We're going to trade every remaining asset we have until 2026 for JT Miller and Chychrun

Chychrun will be a Coyote forever at this point

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
That Islanders draft pick had the potential to be nasty in 2024, I kinda hate the trade for the Nucks

I have 0 faith in Vancouvers pro scouting, especially at defense

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Ahh gently caress I knew those back to back poo poo kickings of Detroit would haunt them

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Asking for two 1sts and a blue chip prosoect for 2 years and then taking the only deal left on the table because every other suitor moved on to another D…classic Arizona

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Just wild we hear about the insane asking price for so long and hour before the trade finally happens, Filip Hronek gets a better return

It genuinely sucks how bad the Coyotes are, move that team

E: geez wonder what happened in the last 48 hours? Dumbass GM

https://twitter.com/pierrevlebrun/status/1631071751256829954?s=46&t=lWfDsVkqO0a3XvaqInNTIw

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Not that anybody but Pungry would know, but has Chychrun ever played RD? The left side has honestly been decent with Chabot, Sanderson and Brannstrom. After Zub the right side is a wasteland

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Arizona turning down better trades because they didn’t want to take on $3mil salary, loving hell Gary

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
A 3rd seems really good for Teddy Blueger, please trade Austin Watson while you’re cookin, Pierre

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Chychrun’s been a band-aid his whole career and hasn’t played in like 2 weeks now, he’s going to blow an ACL or something before April lol

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

WeaponX posted:

Namestnikov’s 7th NHL team btw

Mikey Eyssimont’s 3rd this season :v:

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Move that 1st, Hexy

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
https://twitter.com/dimfilipovic/status/1631097060815519746?s=46&t=libSWa4SR-a-e96G-Hb-6g

I’m sure he’s a good defenseman, but it’s funny the entire highlight reel here is just him poke checking guys lol

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

stab posted:

Jonathan Drouin once bodychecked a player

I saw it with my own eyes

Post proof, liar

e: I guess this counts

https://youtu.be/pdmzEV1Ufjs

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
I remember being so mad when Ottawa drafted Brady instead of Filip Zadina lmao. Not sure there’s anybody I would take in 2018 over him in a re-draft. PPG this year and dominant physically since he entered the league, absolute specimen.

https://twitter.com/rtaub_/status/1631475736451137538?s=46&t=lstM41MNq_pAmCzlk84-ew

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Congrats PAS all your issues are solved

https://twitter.com/friedgehnic/status/1631624945343004673?s=46&t=LVw7BSH-KSNuqImbF_iTNQ

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
I love this being the second deadline in a row where Kevin Chevyldayoff just limp dicked his way through it. A second on Nino and then adding Namestnikov, all while another young defenseman requests a trade because of the logjam of vets you’ve acquired

Kyle Connor and some other Jets went to the media this week and said they need Chevy to add, and he may as well have done gently caress all with the players he traded for lol

Like Namestnikov was traded for a guy you lost on waivers earlier this year, what are you doing

The Dirty Burger fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Mar 3, 2023

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
I love Hextall having 5+ months to watch his team and find out what needs to be addressed, and he comes to the conclusion they needed three more slow guys in their 30’s

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Flyers may not have improved their team in the short or long term, but they have somehow made themselves even less likeable which is impressive

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
They televised the Winnipeg Ice/Regina Pats game on TSN tonight and the Ice are an absolute WHL powerhouse with 7 NHL prospects on the team and are up 3-0 early. Bedard finishes the game with 4g1a and the Pats win 5-3 lol

It will be absolutely criminal to see him playing in Arizona with cap dumps and minor leaguers in a college arena, please lottery gods no

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
https://twitter.com/njdevils/status/1631867155393159169?s=46&t=wCiCIgseK8cfbPxUzZfygA

Just seen this Jack Hughes pass tonight, good lord

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

CBJSprague24 posted:

Columbus has had several sellouts this season for a terrible hockey team. Give them a reward.

So what, Arizona has sold out every game this year

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
https://twitter.com/br_openice/status/1632098219286052864?s=46&t=MoaE4jJkcLe9-XYHTDi3yw

The stick of an independent thinker

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

clean ayers act posted:

the canucks at least have a legit #1 center and #1D, im not sure who the flyers have to be excited about

Was looking at their roster, who do you even have to build the team around, Cam York? lol

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Chychrun has an absolute cannon of a shot, Sens were sorely missing that on the blueline outside of Hamonic, who sucks. Getting a 24 year old #1 D for a 1st and two 2nds is insane after 6 months of hearing it was going to cost Pinto or Greig, the fact that he has family in the area and seems so pumped to be here is a bonus.

Was a dark 5 years but the vibes are finally positive, just need Ryan Reynolds to be a part of the new ownership

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
All it takes is your teams owner dying and going to hell

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

bub spank posted:

That’s a pretty strong core, especially as Stutzle gets better (he’s already got 31 goals and is on a 93-point pace in his age-20/21 season). A pick between 7 and 15 isn’t going to take a top 6 spot from the guys they already have there in the next 2 years.

Yeah I’ll take DeBrincat & Chychrun over a Pierre Dorion mid 1st pick (Bernard-Docker, Lassi Thomson and Tyler Boucher being some examples)

https://twitter.com/hockeystatcards/status/1632211481407246337?s=46&t=zej4mBlxmZ-h9O9ht-_bIA

Talbot sucks though

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
^^Wyatt Johnston 23rd in 2021, gonna be a stud^^

I mean Buffalo and Ottawa could have said gently caress it and been sellers at the deadline since they’re both kind of in no mans land standings-wise, but these teams have been bad forever. The most important pieces of the rebuild are already on both teams, and finally experiencing meaningful games in March is important for their development as well.

4 points back of the Islanders with 4 and 3 games in hand respectively, let the kids have some fun even if it leads to a first round rear end beating from the Canes or Bruins it’ll be something to learn from

Sens are also desperately trying to get Alex DeBrincat to stay here, being competitive helps

The Dirty Burger fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Mar 5, 2023

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

Kilometers Davis posted:

Can’t stop thinking about how happy I am about Jeannot

Even though Brisebois didn’t exactly “buy low” on Jeannot during his sophomore slump, I’m pissed off he’s in the Atlantic now for the foreseeable future because he’s brutal to play against. Big, finishes his checks hard, fast forechecker, already one of the most feared fighters in the league, and showed last season he can score.

Skilled guys that can do whatever they want on the ice are fun to watch: Byfuglien, Benn when he was good, Lucic in Boston etc.

The Dirty Burger fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Mar 5, 2023

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
https://twitter.com/senscentral/status/1632766207253430272?s=46&t=2hVb1vPytx9OUpdE0UPz6Q

Hawks lineup tonight :staredog:

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

Last thing these hardened sports journalists need is more competition for the press donuts, gently caress off kid

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Rasmus Sandin was a nice pick-up by the Caps, 23 years old and has 5 points in his first 2 games in Washington, and for Boston’s 1st, which is probably going to be late

Timothy Liljegren could be another buy-low candidate too if Keefe keeps playing him below Justin Holl

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Penguins fans universally have a very weird thing about making GBS threads on McDavids play. I work with two of them and it’s hilarious hearing about how McDavid is overrated and doesn’t play defense. Yeah he’s at 2ppg, but how many of those points are at 5v5!?

It’s ok that another superstar is in the league now, Crosby is still “elite defensively” apparently lol

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
https://twitter.com/markhmasters/status/1633121051445002243?s=46&t=2hVb1vPytx9OUpdE0UPz6Q

Having 9 defenseman for playoff depth seems like a good idea on paper, unless your coach is Sheldon Keefe

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Karlsson having 82 points in 2016 and Doughty winning the Norris with 51 was some absolute bullshit, my man was robbed

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Can you imagine the shitstorm if a player refused to wear a military themed jersey on one of the 4 Military Appreciation Nights held per season?

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
https://twitter.com/RussoHockey/status/1633269859420188673?s=20

This statement is so removed from reality lol. We will honor the gay community tonight by sitting by in silence

I wonder how many players in Minnesota refused to wear the pride jersey that they just decided to pull it altogether? Easier for the whole team to take their lumps than just letting Kaprizov a single player sit out the warm up Provorov-style and get rightfully poo poo on by social media

The Dirty Burger fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Mar 8, 2023

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

rex rabidorum vires posted:

muffled incoherent screaming is heard

That’s just Jarome’s sauna, keep moving

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

ThinkTank posted:

Also the dumbest thing Benning did was insist on bridging Elias Pettersson when he was willing to sign long term at $9m per just so he could keep Tanner Pearson on the roster. Pettersson is almost certain to crest 100pts this year and the team will have to now negotiate a long term deal of his statistical prime with a guy who's been hugely noncommittal about his future. He's not taking a penny discount. I think it's possible he'll be the highest paid player in the league if they manage to resign him at all. Great job dipshit.

This is crazy talk, Jim has made like 7 more hosed up moves than this. OEL trade was last year!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

eXXon posted:

Then loving pad your thighs better!! Maybe if Matt Murray got some meat on his bones he wouldn't be injured all the drat time!

Matt Murray played less games in his 2 years on the Sens than Pascal Leclaire did