Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
trades so far:

nyr acquired a second russian voltron piece
toronto matched the o'reilly and reilly pair
nyr built a motte and bailey castle
vegas traded for dysin mayo, THE WHITEST MAN ALIVE.
ottawa picked up that fan favourite future considerations
anaheim got lucky number slavin
boston upgraded with a garnet in an orlov cut ring
colorado got a kinkaid painting for their gramma, ain't that nice
nyr locked down that wood
winnipeg changed their minds, they do want a trip on the niederreiter
montreal and dallas swapped james bond henchmen
vegas took a nice clean barbashev
njd got timo meier and jfc there are like six lines for each side of this trade it's like "how to get meier across north america without getting him eaten on the other side by andreas johnsson if you leave them unattended."
colorado brought jack johnson back for another run. surf's up bby
tampa bought tanner jeannot FOR the farm, all of it, the entire thing
nashville got isaac ratcliffe, fresh off his appearance in hogwarts legacy
is jake mccabe bryan mccabe's son? who cares, toronto fans won't know the difference anyway.
the canucks got a nice bloom for their garden rebuild project
edmonton tried out a puistola down at the range but it's kinda wonky, doesn't sight right
san jose traded for a magic the gathering card
the wild got that smooth black guy from chopped, marcus samuelsson
goodbye to toronto's swede squad - sandined off rough edges and got rid of engvall
then toronto got luke schenn back. that's it. that's the tweet. idk it's luke schenn.
edmonton caught a nice ek and brought it holm
nashville came down with "austin rueschhoff." sunburn kills, kids
minny nynny quisty
nyr got kane. no not that kane. the other one. the other other one. the one that's deathly afraid of cabs. it's okay he'll just get a black car service anyway.
cbj has jonathan quick now and as of this writing they are looking at quickly flipping him to vegas
washington has retained 31% of lars eller's salary. that's an amazingly specific number. thank you, capologists, we have our own version of scorigami now. salarykeepigami?

post good, be friends, no one in the nhl or fans deserve to die, unless you're brad marchand in which case i wish death on you and your family for seven generations

Arivia fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Mar 1, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Diet Crack posted:

was there a directive to do as much crazy poo poo at trade deadline that I missed in the CBA or what

don't curse it

we've been asking for more at the trade deadline for years

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

tarbrush posted:

I have missed the Hronek trade between threads, what was it?

to be clear no trades got missed between threads, i intentionally picked a quiet period so that wouldn't happen. we just kinda didn't post the hronek one's details or something.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Starsfan posted:

Man the thing that had me sick about the Stars potentially grabbing Chychrun was I thought for sure they'd have to give up one of their blue chip prospects.. I guess not (though the Stars don't have a 1st round pick in 2023 to trade so I guess it wasn't happening anyway).

Chychrun was the only player out there that I was really concerned about dropping the likes of Thomas Harley or Mavrik Bourque on, so I'm happy in a way that's off the table now and hopefully the Stars can roll forward with their system intact.

how the absolute gently caress is mavrik bourque a real name

are we reaching the point where we're just cutting out vowels from edgy zoomer names like maverick on top of the usual chl name curse

or is this an ethnic name i'm not aware of and i am just sounding really loving racist if so i apologize

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

i fuckin can't any more
this goddamn league and the weirdest goddamn white people names

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

T-Bone posted:

e: Also apparently the Devils are looking at adding goalie depth which is kinda surprising to me with how well Schmid has played even if Blackwood can't stay healthy. Guessing it would be a veteran dude they could stash in the AHL?

jonathan quick, please come up!

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Levitate posted:

I feel like doxing her is going to have some bad outcomes as well...but also maybe dont' start poo poo on social media with people who can dox you? i dunno

e: to be clear people shoudl be called out for lovely views that are hurtful to other people or groups but the internet being what it is this also feels like a chance for some people who really don't care about the situation to jump in and harass someone with what is typically horrible stuff towards women

i don't think it's really doxxing to name someone who's doing their job shittily in public. like yeah it's gonna result in blowback but going "okay the nyr social media manager's name is bleh" is public info, and it's better to have it confirmed than have a bunch of internet detectives yelling at interns or whatever.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

OldSenileGuy posted:

I doubt there's anyone even in the organization besides her who pays attention to social media, and she's certainly not gonna tell her bosses that she's gettin cooked in the replies of every tweet.

I would say that it might matter if you reported it up the chain but lol dolan.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

This is funny, but does Columbus not realize that he was a goalie?

he's wearing goalie gear so i think so, yes

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
do we think duthie goes mad from too much trades or no trades today

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Mike_V posted:

The Blues traded for Vrana

Tossed salad and scrambled brains

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

ThinkTank posted:

There are no hockey gods

There are, but they are cruel and uncaring and have been personally spurned by aquilini

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

ThinkTank posted:

What must I do to win back their favour?

Sacrifice your first round pick in Stanley Park

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Mike Works posted:

TSN Canucks beat reporter (Farhan Lalji) says the Canucks turned down 2 firsts for Miller, I am numb.

Two firsts what the hell Vancouver

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Wonderllama posted:

Icy mountain

(Mikey Eyssimont)

I’m glad to see the op stuck lol

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Koopa Kid posted:

please, kyle

What do you want? Maybe another goalie?

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

eXXon posted:

One of the Sportsnet talking heads last night said Kyle made sure to leave exactly enough cap space to fit in both Kerfoot and Murray, so temper your expectations accordingly.

idk if that's kyle i think that's more pridham, but yeah

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

triple sulk posted:

the red wings are cool though and i'm glad i got to see the joe before it was torn down

honestly i don't know how detroit held themselves back from eating the giant big jos louis in the middle of their downtown

i'd have taken a bite years ago

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

he dealt it and he DEFINITELY smelt it

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

CBJSprague24 posted:

Columbus has had several sellouts this season for a terrible hockey team. Give them a reward.

honestly if i was in the area and had the money i would go see cbj no matter how bad the team is overall just to hear the cannon irl once. that's cool and special.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

eXXon posted:

It's a recording played over the sound system because the woke NHL doesn't want to "permanently deafen their fans" or whatever.

boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Does McDavid play on the penalty kill? Matthews doesn’t, so that would account for some of the differences.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

rex rabidorum vires posted:

I only pulled numbers for 5v5 specifically to avoid special teams numbers. I could include powerplay/pk/all situations...and I specifically *always* use Matthews when trying to compare/contrast with Conor 'cause uh well that should be obvious shouldn't it?

I'm still on mobile so if the discussion is still going during nap time I'll take another swing at addressing some of the other points (haha jokes on us even if discussion moves on I'll drag it back up).

Oh I must have missed that, my bad. Either way it was still a good point I just wasn’t sure.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Mind_Taker posted:

Saying McDavid isn’t clearly the best player in the league because he’s below average defensively is like saying Ullmark isn’t the best goalie this year because he doesn’t throw the body enough.

goalies can throw the body with those crazy all or nothing poke checks that either work great or just concede a goal

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

shyduck posted:

Nah I think TDA should be suspended for the rest of the season and the remainder of his contract

You’re supposed to throw anvils to the Flyers, not life savers.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Eric the Mauve posted:

If 2 games is the price tag on spearing Corey Perry in the nuts then guys are going to be queueing up by the hundreds all over the league, and also is there a form I have to fill out to add my name to the waiting list, or

new thread title: line up to spear corey perry in the nuts

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

rex rabidorum vires posted:

muffled incoherent screaming is heard

They said clutch and grab not clutch and gag

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Hand Knit posted:

This doesn't seem like it's going anywhere good, does it?

Fletcher-less arrows Fly higher new thread title please

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
i forget who but someone wanted an org chart of the flyers so they could understand how things work under briere so i made it for you

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

some kinda jackal posted:

Been a long time, NHL thread, just checking in to see if the Habs still suck.

*checks*

Ah ok welp I’ll check back in another five years…

They made it to the cup finals one really weird year in the last five, I’m not even joking

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
i gotta be honest if you're the owner i think "no i want to keep my favourite player don't trade him i like him" is a completely reasonable and understandable instruction, even if it's objectively wrong for cap management purposes or whatever

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

SilvergunSuperman posted:

The emergency backup goalie thing is funny for everyone, it's not some huge own on leafs fans.

It was 1 regular season game, nobody cared.

:shrug:

im very owned

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

ThinkTank posted:

McDavid set the post lockout single season points record with 14 games to go.

And only 12 people saw it.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Aphrodite posted:

It's a ghost kitchen so the actual food is probably made at like whatever the english Canada version of Applebee's is.

Probably Applebee's.

Montana’s.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Krime posted:

Has anyone mentioned that Hextall built a really lovely team lately?

He hexed them.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Koopa Kid posted:

Reimer’s participated in many jersey promotions in his career, jerseys are both literal advertising and contain paid ads, teams don’t “stick to sports” and routinely promote the military, police, and nationalism. This is not a hypothetical discussion about whether the player feels comfortable promoting or endorsing something outside of his personal or religious viewpoint, he literally does it all the time. These are dogwhistles for the desire to be intolerant of specific groups of people and we have a word for that.

"playoff poster"

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Ok but I live in Canada and the NHL is not B tier here. And that's my point, its some nonsense frame of reference thing and it doesn't matter. Its only used by people to poo poo on something they care about for I have no idea what reason.

In Canada hockey is losing ground to soccer FAST. Like we’re becoming a more diverse nation but a lot of “old stock Canadians” (white conservatives) aren’t having kids who are growing up to become hockey fans, it’s lots of racialized immigrants who are starting their kids on soccer instead of that weird super expensive razors on your feet on ice game. I’m making an observation about demographics to be clear, nothing wrong with Canada becoming more diverse and they can replace my white rear end any day.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

T-Bone posted:

I'm gonna base the Chase Stillman offboard pick by Fitzgerald on covid drafting but man that was a dogshit pick.

He was rated in like the late 60s and they took him at #29 :barf:

Same draft that they correctly/luckily took Luke Hughes in so who gives a poo poo ultimately, somewhat akin I suppose to Shero taking a probable rapist/definite 4th liner over Sergachev/McAvoy/Chychrun at #12 in 2016 but lucking into Bratt later in the 6th.

Metal Legaen is my favorite mecha anime.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Diet Crack posted:

is this why Marchand deleted his twitter?

wasn't he chirping at fans of other teams who tagged him? probably the kind of thing that's wise to delete an account over, even if it's not actually a Big Problem

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

ThinkTank posted:

The marketing heights of the most talented individual in pro sports at the moment.

I think you're incorrect, I bet Shohei Ohtani is much better at selling things in his home country.