Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
That is certainly A Trade. An odd trade, unless the Canucks are getting rid of some defensemen currently on the roster.

(please get rid of Tyler Myers)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Canucks trading a first rounder for a guy a her from UFA certainly is a thing.

Hronek will be an RFA when his current contract is up.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

That's all it took to get Chychrun?

Why the gently caress didn't the Canucks go for him?

grack
Jan 10, 2012

The Dirty Burger posted:

Just wild we hear about the insane asking price for so long and hour before the trade finally happens, Filip Hronek gets a better return

It genuinely sucks how bad the Coyotes are, move that team

E: geez wonder what happened in the last 48 hours? Dumbass GM

https://twitter.com/pierrevlebrun/status/1631071751256829954?s=46&t=lWfDsVkqO0a3XvaqInNTIw

There's an extra 2nd round pick in the Chychrun deal. Still would've preferred him over Hronek

Canucks better drat well fleece Pittsburgh for something, now.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

tarbrush posted:

I have missed the Hronek trade between threads, what was it?

Canucks gave up the first they got from NYI and a 2nd for Hronek and a 4th

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Eric the Mauve posted:

The Blues just moved Pareyko like yesterday didn't they

Nope. Parayko is still a Blue

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Eric the Mauve posted:

If Arizona really made not taking any salary back an absolute requirement then there was nothing Hextall, or almost any other buyer-team GM, could do.

I am getting a little panicky that the Penguins really are about to trade for Tyler Myers. The Canucks suddenly acquiring a RD for no apparent reason has made my blood pressure spike

I have it on good authority that Tyler Myers is being shipped to an African game reserve so he can be among his own kind.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

gently caress

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Ginette Reno posted:

https://twitter.com/hayyyshayyy/status/1631106246420955136?s=20

sure why not. take a bigger dump on the franchise Ronald

:hmmyes:

How in the gently caress would Pittsburgh even clear cap to make that deal. Petry coming back?

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Successfully poke checking someone is one of the most difficult things to do in hockey

At least that's the impression I got from watching Erik Gudbranson play

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Mike Works posted:

Can't speak for the rest of CAS that's going batshit right now but as for me, they won zero Cups in the Nixon-Biden era. Even if they never get near another Cup in my lifetime, that'll kinda suck but still totally worth it for the ride from n/a. And just the privilege of Henrik Sedin and Daniel Sedin and Luc Bourdon all playing for my favorite team their whole careers at the same time. We will live lives and die without ever being lucky. So yeah the next ten years are going to be, to put it very mildly, Not Fun, but there's still Youtube and the SAS archives to relive the Buffalo/Carolina ECF.

drat

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Seems low

grack
Jan 10, 2012

1.6M in cap space

grack
Jan 10, 2012

VOTE1 posted:

It’s a legit question given Sutter while under team control was treating covid with horse drugs.

The actual reason for this is that Sutter is a screaming loving moron.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

VOTE1 posted:

Yeah but he’s a hockey player, teams controlling medical treatment generally seems like a good thing (Eichel case maybe the exception). But in that case the team was able to stop the player getting the treatment, we’re the Canucks just ok with him doing it?

How would you propose to stop him? Even if Sutter is under contract, the Canucks can't legally stop him from exploring any possible treatment when no recognized treatment pathway for COVID exists. It's basically "treat the symptoms and hope it doesn't gently caress up your life."

The issue with Eichel was there was a viable, safe, and recognized treatment for his neck issues - spinal fusion. Eichel just didn't want to deal with the extended recovery time.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Huggybear posted:

What? There are vaccines. Epidemiologically, that is the treatment pathway. When x amount of the population is inoculated it lowers the mortality rate. If he chose ivermectin over inoculation he puts the general population and the team at risk because remaining unvaccinated increases the likelihood of sickness and transmission

assuming that he was unvaccinated as ivermectin and stupidity are kissing cousins

Sutter was vaccinated, but was only eligible to receive a vaccine well after he got COVID. Nearly the entire team got COVID in late March 2021, before vaccines were available for their age group.

Hamonic was the dumbfuck who refused to get a vaccine.

grack fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Mar 3, 2023

grack
Jan 10, 2012

I have it on very good authority that Tyler Myers has been traded to the Vancouver Game Farm for an emu and two llamas.

All parties described the transaction as a "fair trade".

grack
Jan 10, 2012

No

grack
Jan 10, 2012

This pretty much has to be coming down to Aquilini at this point

Edit: Calgary apparently traded for Troy Stecher. I love Stecher and all, but you would think they would've learned their lesson about ex-Canucks at this point

grack fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Mar 3, 2023

grack
Jan 10, 2012

The Dirty Burger posted:

I love Hextall having 5+ months to watch his team and find out what needs to be addressed, and he comes to the conclusion they needed three more slow guys in their 30’s

I mean, he did try and trade for Miller but the Canucks are also run by a bunch of complete loving morons

grack
Jan 10, 2012

mennoknight posted:

honestly, that's exactly where I expected them to be. The place of no hope.

Don't worry, you picked up another ex-Canuck. That'll fix things!

grack
Jan 10, 2012

So.... Tampa managed to go an entire period without recording a shot on goal

Good work Carolina, I gues?

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Koopa Kid posted:

Kyle Dubas: *loads up on a ludicrous amount of defenders to insulate against injury*

Hockey gods:

https://twitter.com/FriedgeHNIC/status/1632816355664691202?s=20

The Canucks are sorry for murdering all of your players. Please accept this Tyler Myers in restitution*.

*Please note, reading this post confirms your acceptance of this restitution gift. Tyler Myers will be shipped to your home arena. Tyler Myers prefers to eat the tenderest leaves at the tops of the tallest trees, and will thus require access to a public park or green space. No refunds, returns, or substitutions allowed.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

The Dirty Burger posted:

https://twitter.com/br_openice/status/1634377354205097986?s=46&t=2hVb1vPytx9OUpdE0UPz6Q

Sens acquiring the Liver King owns, looking forward to his skin slowly becoming leathery and hot dog colored

He should probably skip the long term anabolic steroid abuse, though

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Yeah, Thatcher Demko remembered how to goalie. Canucks should have just kept him out.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Eric the Mauve posted:

I've binge watched a bunch of Oilers games from the past couple weeks, because Connor loving McDavid, and one thing that really stands out is holy cow does Darnell Nurse look terrible. I'm not saying he is actually terrible. I'm sure he's a perfectly solid second pairing guy. But he's being asked to do so much more than he has the skills to handle, and then also when he's on the ice he's constantly trying to do more than he's capable of, and it's just embarrassing. I'm not sure what the fancystats say about him, but he seems reliably good for one giant fuckup per period. Gives me Matheson flashbacks.

Nurse is terrible, you don't have to qualify it.

Nurse's agent, on the other hand, is an All-Star

grack
Jan 10, 2012

What in the gently caress happened in Chicago tonight

I mean, besides the gang shootings

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Powershift posted:

Lightning in 7.

After the Leafs go up 4-0 in the series, and go in to the third period of Game 7 with a three goal lead.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Paracaidas posted:

He's not sure why he got a 10 minute misconduct for this but thinks the ref may have just gotten caught up in the moment:
https://twitter.com/MDeFranks/status/1636209437772767232

Uh, no. The refs gave Schenn a 10 minute misconduct to get him out of the game so he wouldn't do anything else stupid. It's a pretty normal thing do.

Also Binnington has a hearing.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Jhet posted:

Binnington got a match penalty, so that's auto-hearing and suspension level for being a dumbass. It's not the first time this season for him getting booted either, so it'll be interesting to see if it gets longer or not.

The NHL can, and sometimes do, rescind a Match penalty. That said, Binnington jumped Hartman after the play ended and threw a punch with his blocker, both of which are considered serious infractions. The Match penalty was for the blocker punch.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Huggybear posted:

Also, I think OEL should retire. His numbers have been beyond awful and its embarrassing that he pretends he can play NHL hockey.

:hmmyes:

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Carson Briere is facing charges for his dumbfuckery

https://www.cbsnews.com/philadelphia/news/carson-briere-charged-for-pushing-womans-wheelchair-down-steps/

grack
Jan 10, 2012

https://canucksarmy.com/news/the-stanchies-hronek-canucks-debut-kuzmenko-record-tribute-john-garrett

quote:

James Reimer’s nightmare scenario of multiple men bearing down on him at once occurred rather quickly

quote:

flummox Reimer to the point of questioning all of his beliefs

quote:

James Reimer does his best to stop progress, but ultimately fails as Joshua evolves right around him.

quote:

But it’s James Reimer in net. Just shoot the puck or talk about welcoming anyone into your home, either way he’s going to get rattled and probably let the puck in.

quote:

causing James Reimer to have to have to deal with the ramifications of De Giuseppe’s tip going right through him

:laugh:

Canucks Army having some fun today

grack fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Mar 24, 2023

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Jamwad Hilder posted:

2. Horvat has only scored 6 goals since he got traded to the Islanders and signing that big rear end contract lol. I remember when people were saying he'd be in the race for the Rocket

Horvat was playing with good linemates and was in an offense-first system in Vancouver. Islanders? Not so much, especially with Barzal hurt.

I love Bo, but the contract he got from the Islanders would have never happened with Vancouver (and rightfully so).

Also, Hronek actually looks pretty good so far.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Madkal posted:

I'm curious if our several Russian players will be wearing the warmup jersey (I hope Kuz does)

Nobody has said that they won't.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

FFS

grack
Jan 10, 2012

ThinkTank posted:

It's quite likely his career is over because the Canucks screwed up basic surgery and he got a really bad HAI in his hand and has had to have something like six further surgeries to eradicate it since. He's supposedly trying for a comeback but it seems unlikely.

Pearson's surgery wasn't botched so much as "the human body is loving complicated".

grack
Jan 10, 2012

mennoknight posted:

I like: Mikael Backlund, Jonathan Huberdeau (he's at least working out there) and that's it. the rest of them are not Johnny Gaudreau.

Tyler Toffoli is having a pretty good year, and Elias Lindholm is doing alright as well and....

Do you want some more ex-Canucks?

grack
Jan 10, 2012

It would be nice if Calgary could get their act together and win tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Lost Season posted:

Sounds like it was mostly precautionary, so I'm hopeful

https://twitter.com/FlutoShinzawa/status/1645968661273010177

Ullmark's organs are already being harvested for transplants

If I paid the right people, anyways