Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

triple sulk posted:

The Philadelphia Flyers are dogshit garbage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Mike Works posted:

Can't speak for the rest of CAS that's going batshit right now but as for me, they won zero Cups in the Nixon-Biden era. Even if they never get near another Cup in my lifetime, that'll kinda suck but still totally worth it for the ride from n/a. And just the privilege of Henrik Sedin and Daniel Sedin and Luc Bourdon all playing for my favorite team their whole careers at the same time. We will live lives and die without ever being lucky. So yeah the next ten years are going to be, to put it very mildly, Not Fun, but there's still Youtube and the SAS archives to relive the Buffalo/Carolina ECF.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Flyers trying to save Philly by making sure they have at least one team that can't lose a championship game (because they won't be in one)

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Eric the Mauve posted:

Always great how the fans of every single team not in the top four in its conference at any given time passionately believe the GM is an idiot and borderline criminal and should be fired a month ago.

When they stop being right I'll start being mad about it

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Aphrodite posted:

The right thing to do isn't always the smart thing.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Eric the Mauve posted:

oh god I love MAF so much.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Vegas made the Finals their first year. Anything can happen and few will be able to predict it

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The Dirty Burger posted:

It’s time to come to terms with the fact this league hates its fans

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

triple sulk posted:

The NHL sucks

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Connor McDavid has more points than the top two Calgary Flames players combined.

And he has as much championships as Shohei Ohtani

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/tcote/status/1639091386480988161?s=20

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

triple sulk posted:

The NHL sucks

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Eric the Mauve posted:

I don't mean to alarm anyone, but the Senators are back to only 5 points behind the Penguins for The Eight Seed No One Wants

Misanthrope posted:

This is the dumbest playoff race I've ever seen

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Cool that they included two-spirit there tbh

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/lasvegaslocally/status/1643709012217831425?s=46&t=WpdyKLngKj40naRWJ6JgcQ

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Duckman2008 posted:

It’s unclear whether you made it through middle school from your posts so shut the gently caress up.

:agreed:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Ginette Reno posted:

? It was completely expected. They weren't FSG guys to begin with, and they totally blew it this year.

It would have been shocking if they weren't fired for this. Or am I missing some sarcasm here

I thought it was assumed that Hextall was gone and there was uncertainty on if anyone/everyone else was too

Given how the news of them missing playoffs for the first time in forever has overshadowed stuff like "winningest team in league history", I obviously agree with the decision to move on from everyone, and yeah the results alone were deserving of it