Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Canucks trading a first rounder for a guy a her from UFA certainly is a thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Wait how are the Canucks over the cap next year lol

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

grack posted:

Hronek will be an RFA when his current contract is up.

I know better than to trust twitter!

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

That condition must be if they make playoffs its a first?

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Oilers were apparently close yesterday on Chychrun before the Yotes asked for more so I'm curious what the ask was from them cause that seems pretty good

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Mike_V posted:

No, there were rumors teams were interested (Edmonton and Ottawa specifically), but he's still here until 2030.

I don't think the Oilers rumours were real. I think that's more a media thing from some of the old lugheads that write for the journal.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Koopa Kid posted:

it’s not that other teams wouldn’t match that price, it’s that Arizona held out on an insane price too long, everyone spent their picks, and then the Yotes reduced the price after a bunch of teams dropped out because they had to move Chychrun after holding him out for so long and had no leverage. The coyotes played themselves.

Imagine you're the Kings and you didn't trade much less for friggin Gavrikov and Korpisalo lmao

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Cocaine Bear posted:

My dumb brain wants Nill to do something but my other dumb brain doesn't want to see another old, bad dude stinking up the bottom 6/4. My body is ready regardless. Go Stars

Klingbergs return

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

fawning deference posted:

McDavid has 3 pts in the first period tonight. He's at 52-66-118 in his 62nd game, this redonkulous

He's 28 points up on Leon for points as well. Once he gets to 33 up its the biggest spread since the nonsense Gretzky seasons. It's insane

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Also

https://mobile.twitter.com/SNstats/status/1631107580608036864

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Cartoon Man posted:

Lol, McDavid is an Edmonton Oiler.

It fuckin rules

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Mind_Taker posted:

Just catching up on last night’s trades and Jesus Christ what are the Penguins and Canucks doing

Entertaining us

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

McDavid taking 12.5 has really limited what players get for UFA contracts. Pastrnak should have got closer to 15.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Sabres should get Karlsson imo

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Selling the farm for a guy who’s one injury away from blowing up his ankle, brilliant! Get on the phone, Kevyn!!!

Its fun to have the best players in the world on your team

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Totally fine!!! Nothing to see here baby!

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Eugene Melnyk is rolling over in his grave (for not going that hard at cap circumvention)

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Koopa Kid posted:

I can’t see why, the punishment is them not getting to make the recall and having to play with a short roster. It’s not the first time this has happened, iirc Calgary had to play short for a bit due to post-trade cap problems years back.

Oilers played a couple games short this season rather than waiving yamamoto/foegele/jesse

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Ken Holland has had a good week!

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

I'm glad that someone has jumped on my "actually the Oilers are good" train

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Furnaceface posted:

At this point Im convinced the Canucks medical team are just some quack chiropractor and Duncan Keith's crystal healer.

It's whoever is leftover from Trevor Linden's gyms

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

RIP The Flames

A big wet fart of a season

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

https://mobile.twitter.com/TSN_Sports/status/1631641421542305792

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

https://twitter.com/taj1944/status/1631649696203804682

ahahaha

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Vancouver turning down a bounty for JT MILLER.

Calgary yet to make a trade this entire season and gonna miss the playoffs.

A GOOD DAY

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

https://twitter.com/TSNRyanRishaug/status/1631686543290290178

did noone tell Jesse he was traded???

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

remember when the canucks made this guy sad?

https://twitter.com/i/status/1631689695481548801

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Mike Works posted:

TSN Canucks beat reporter (Farhan Lalji) says the Canucks turned down 2 firsts for Miller, I am numb.

Ahahahaha

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

https://mobile.twitter.com/reporterchris/status/1631710164867850245

What did the Sharks give up originally?

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

The penguins sure are having a week

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Kuilikov on the Oilers was about as bad a defenceman they've had in the last decade so I completely believe he just sucks regardless of what's happened since

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Now that he isn't trying to prove that covid is a deep state hoax Archibald can focus on hockey

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Ginette Reno posted:

yeah he's got no hands and he just runs around hitting poo poo so i dont quite understand the 55 xgoals part but i guess it's working

the only thing he does visibly well that my eyes can attest to is draw penalties

Ok that sounds like the same guy in Edmonton minus the xgoals

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Congrats to the Flames on trading for Troy Stecher.

Another big old wet fart added to their season.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Hey there's one Western Canadian team that is good and brings joy. It's a pretty good time!

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

mennoknight posted:

lol come on now.

Don't worry, when Darryl Sutter becomes GM there will be a second Western Canadian team bringing me joy.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Would the Flyers be the worst place Bedard could go? At least Arizona has a ton of picks and cap space.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Whoever gets Bedard should fire their GM and hire Peter Chiarelli. Lucic is even a free agent this summer!

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

triple sulk posted:

Bedard going to the Flyers if they miraculously won the lottery would be a worse version of McDavid ending up on the Oilers. Just a complete and utter waste of talent and they might even break him somehow before he'd have the chance to walk after ending up a free agent through some hilarious sequence of events.

Fortunately, that'll never happen as they'll go on a 5-6 game winning streak the last week as the teams that are officially out stop giving a poo poo and end up with roughly the 12th pick.

McDavid was set up ok on the Oilers. They had Hall/Leon/Nuge/Eberle plus Klefbom and Nurse plus cap space. It should have been a good situation. The problem was hiring Chiarelli who blew his wad on Griffin Reinhart, Milan Lucic and grinders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Why should anyone care what non NHL fans think? The game can either grow or not but it won't really have any effect on the league outside putting money in the owners' pockets.

NHL fans are always so worried about perception or what non NHL fans think and really who gives a poo poo.