Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Arivia posted:

edmonton caught a nice ek and brought it holm
washington has retained 31% of lars eller's salary. that's an amazingly specific number. thank you, capologists, we have our own version of scorigami now. salarykeepigami?

Out of these two Nashville retaining 4% of Ekholm's salary is 100% weirder. Or 12.9% as weird? gently caress,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Luke Schenn and Shayne Gostisbehere both played on the 2015-16 Philadelphia Flyers and are both worth 3rd round draft picks. Fun facts! (fun not included)

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

https://twitter.com/BuffaloSabres/status/1631070638457643011

Wow how rude, the Kings didn't even observe a day of mourning for Quick.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

https://twitter.com/Gambo987/status/1631072098117353473

Rebuilding team refuses to pay three whole million dollars to acquire better draft picks. Great job Gary!!

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Powershift posted:

There's no way Bettman isn't getting a cut.

A cut of what, 5% of ticket revenues and concessions? That's gotta be thousands of dollars if not less.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Jamwad Hilder posted:

The Coyotes probably held out too long and got less than they could have, but the Senators first is definitely going to be a whole lot better than Boston or Edmonton's

Well sure, I don't think the Bruins or Oilers were really offering more, but the Kings certainly could have. OTT 1st is a reasonable gamble since it could end up #10-15 or ??? next year if they get a WC spot but the 'yotes were supposed to be asking for a lot more on top of that besides a couple of 2nds.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Arivia posted:

how the absolute gently caress is mavrik bourque a real name

are we reaching the point where we're just cutting out vowels from edgy zoomer names like maverick on top of the usual chl name curse

or is this an ethnic name i'm not aware of and i am just sounding really loving racist if so i apologize

Alright there's a lot to break down here, but stay with me *puts on suit and tie*

I found no evidence that his parents are anything but standard franco-Quebecois. However! The first result was one of those thousands of identical celebrity creeping info websites and it said his girlfriend is Sarah who is an Instagram influencer. This is not relevant to anything.

Secondly, throwing shade at QMJHL names when the WHL and the Wiesblatts exist?

Finally, please report to CanPol for your mandatory Franco-Canadian sensitivity training course.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

I gather Granlund isn't good anymore but seriously wtf is with JFresh:

2020-21: 27P in 51GP, 1.44 5v5 P/60, 2.36 5v5 xGF/60, ~53%ile offensive WAR
2021-22: 64P in 80GP, 1.58 5v5 P/60, 2.38 5v5 xGF/60, ~8%ile offensive WAR

??? Is each one of those years actually a moving average of the past three seasons or what?

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Thanks, I hate all of this Bruins news.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Wow, a team got rid of Michael Hutchinson and somehow still lost the trade.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Try losing a bunch of game 7s in a row, you'll get loads of respect after that.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

I hear Brock McGinn is available.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Schenn is supposedly starting on the "top" pair with Rielly.

Why is any of this happening.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Huberdeau was a ghostly presence. Good thing his contract is up but it'll be hard for the Flames to get max value for him in this deep draft year.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

One of the Sportsnet talking heads last night said Kyle made sure to leave exactly enough cap space to fit in both Kerfoot and Murray, so temper your expectations accordingly.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Koopa Kid posted:

Who the gently caress is Dryden Hunt

Remember Denis Malgin?

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Matt Zerella posted:

Analytics darling 4th liner who stinks.

No, that's Denis Malgin. He's in Colorado now, along with Brad Hunt (no relation to Dryden).

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

https://twitter.com/_NickRichard/status/1631740585341059084

gently caress yeah! It's Zohorna time!

(the Marlies need forwards I guess although it's 1 for 1 so)

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

https://twitter.com/SabresPR/status/1631738747078279171

Big if true.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

https://twitter.com/PierreVLeBrun/status/1631749057143078919

but... why...

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Eric the Mauve posted:

Always great how the fans of every single team not in the top four in its conference at any given time passionately believe the GM is an idiot and borderline criminal and should be fired a month ago.

Why exclude the top four? *searches "Fire Don Sweeney"*

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Arivia posted:

honestly if i was in the area and had the money i would go see cbj no matter how bad the team is overall just to hear the cannon irl once. that's cool and special.

It's a recording played over the sound system because the woke NHL doesn't want to "permanently deafen their fans" or whatever.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

I have good news and bad news:

https://twitter.com/SNstats/status/1632209832051630081

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Huberdeau for Rielly, problems solved.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Mr. Kite posted:

Why do athletes need to dress in a suit when on the job? Its never made much sense to me.

Where do you want me to leave this stack of Coach's Corner segments on this very topic?

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Good to hear that the first adjectives describing Ottawa's #4 prospect are articulate and polite, the most critical traits for a long NHL career.

e: also he's close to being PPG... in the OHL.. in his draft+2 season.

Precambrian Video Games fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Mar 6, 2023

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

pseudodragon posted:

His brilliant methodology was population x percentage of people identifying as NHL fans.

Note that he did this by looking up search interest in the term "NHL" and got >50% in most of Canada. Only the 2010 gold medal game got ~half the country to watch it, I guarantee you half of the GTA isn't an "avid" NHL fan.

Also clicked on the link he left for Google search term popularity and right now "NHL" has a search term interest of 51% (relative to Canada) in the Dominician Republic and 37% in Venezuela. Looking forward to the debut of the Caracas Chartraws in 2030.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

The Dirty Burger posted:

Rasmus Sandin was a nice pick-up by the Caps, 23 years old and has 5 points in his first 2 games in Washington, and for Boston’s 1st, which is probably going to be late

Timothy Liljegren could be another buy-low candidate too if Keefe keeps playing him below Justin Holl

I don't think Dubas or his potential successor will be stupid/desperate enough to dump Liljegren just to keep Holl, but I may well be proven wrong.

Cartoon Man posted:

Ya’ll keep overlooking the most important argument about McDavid. He has zero cups and is therefore worthless trash.

Conor McMathew sucks poo poo I agree.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Hand Knit posted:

I appreciate the passion, Rex, but maybe take about 20% off.

Off the xGA or actual GA? And is this a limited time offer?

Also it really should be Connor McDavis, the typo is right there one letter away.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

serious post: 100% that should be around the height limit for goalies. like, what do you want to see, this poo poo:

I know scoring is up and goalies have been whining about equipment rules but the ridiculously tall pads are still nonsensical to me. They're not protecting anything, they're just making it super easy to cover the entire bottom half of the net in the butterfly (which shorter goalies can't do because they actually have to bring their knees together to close the five hole). Ban that sicko poo poo.

Like not a single goalie 6'3+ can "stand up" (read: squat in the pooping position) without their pads overlapping. The gently caress. They don't have unusually giant knees.

Precambrian Video Games fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Mar 10, 2023

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Then loving pad your thighs better!! Maybe if Matt Murray got some meat on his bones he wouldn't be injured all the drat time!

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Koopa Kid posted:

Morgan Rielly has nightmares of Connor McDavid turning him into a pylon on Hockey Night in Canada. Good odds it’ll happen again tonight!

:wrong: it was McCabe! :owned:

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

This isn't the GDT you weirdos!

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Lessail posted:

the nhl is a sin

Source: Levitaticus 69:420

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

I've missed most of the Leafs games the last two weeks but it sure seems like most of Dubas' trade deadline acquisitions have sucked rear end so far.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

If only Don Cherry were still around to lambaste the Hawks for letting Russian terrorist bullies win.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Aye Doc posted:

did his podcast finally die

Can you order VHS Rock 'em Sock 'em tapes from Netflix now? Otherwise I don't understand the question.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

I'd bet $365 that McDavid's career surpasses Gretzky's (era-adjusted).

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

For sale: rainbow jersey, never worn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Cartoon Man posted:

Gee wonder what the decision will be.

Out: Pride night
In: Kitty Pryde night, with a pre-game ceremony honouring the achievements of Walt Disney