Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the best soda?
Coke
Pepsi
Mountain Dew Baja 3D Blast
View Results

Good Sphere
Jun 16, 2018

I saw an intriguing video about New Coke that takes place in 1985, where people freaked out & protested when Coca-Cola suddenly ditched the original flavor and replaced it with a new one. I was humbled that something as cringey as you’d see today happen back then. For a moment, they lost their competition against Pepsi, but then luckily gained it back, and then some.

It got me thinking, what’s the big deal between the two? I don’t normally ever drink soda, except occasionally when I get a mixed drink. It makes me feel sick and gross. But I couldn’t stop thinking of this and I just got both a Coke and a Pepsi just to experience the difference.

So my experience was this: Pepsi tastes a bit sweeter than Coke, but then it has this weird, chemically aftertaste that coated my mouth. Coke on the other hand, I felt is perfect just the way it is. An elixir of the gods, for those that are well aquatinted with it. I imagine most southerners have somewhat adapted to drinking coke, like some fluid essential as water. Now I understand the protesting. But anyway, I threw out this disgusting poison after only drinking about an eighth of each.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Giraffe
Dec 12, 2005

Soiled Meat
Is poo poo better than gently caress? Piss.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

yes

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

if I could get Orange Creme Soda anywhere besides the soda machines at Five Guys I would drink myself into the grave but I can't. Every other soda can gently caress off.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rV_E8F9xBY

gently caress you voted 2

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
they are the same thing op

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud
Both cause cancer and should be avoided, OP

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Cola doesn't taste good. Any cola.

Good Sphere
Jun 16, 2018

Mods please add Shasta to the poll.

I actually tried remembering the soda that goons like, but couldn't. :ferrari:

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

eh they're like the same thing but having drank like 10,000 of both of them i have a preference for coke because it feels better in my mouth. like the sugar and carbonation are just slightly different and it makes coke better. you should never drink either of them though.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
I like Dr Pepper, make sure you put that on the poll too

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

yes snorting cocaine is definitely better than drinking a pepsi

Bloopsy
Jun 1, 2006

you have been visited by the Tasty Garlic Bread. you will be blessed by having good Garlic Bread in your life time, but only if you comment "ty garlic bread" in the thread below
Who cares? Cola and other soft drinks were invented to kill off the lower class so unless you want to contribute to an ongoing genocide just don't drink the poo poo!

Space_Butler
Dec 5, 2003
Fun Shoe
Bottled coke is better than any canned or bottled pepsi, but bottled pepsi is slightly better than canned coke. Canned pepsi is worthless. Both are just okay as fountain drinks.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

Bloopsy posted:

Who cares? Cola and other soft drinks were invented to kill off the lower class so unless you want to contribute to an ongoing genocide just don't drink the poo poo!

cmon man it's just soda.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
Coke is not as sweet as Pepsi. New Coke made the formula taste more like Pepsi. The Coca Cola Company assumed that the people who liked Coke would continue drinking it, and that Pepsi drinkers would swarm to the new, better beverage. Neither thing happened. Eventually, the brought back the original as "Classic Coke" and New Coke became "Coke II".

I was a sysop for a large BBS at the time (I was in charge of the Science fiction and movie forums). We had meetings of all the sysops once every 6 months or so. The guy who owned the BBS would buy pizza and we would all meet at his house. He really liked original coke, but at the time it was virtually impossible to find. I had several six packs stashed away. My dad had an old armored case with foam inserts for electronics that he had never used. I took it, cut out the foam to precisely hold 6 cans of coke and carried it to the meeting.

I brought it in, went to the table in front of the owner, undid the handcuff that held the case to my wrist, undid the lock, opened the case, and presented him with a nicely chilled six pack. He was grateful.

So, to answer your question, yes, Coke is better than Pepsi. At least to a purist.

Me, I prefer Dr. Pepper or various root beers.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

My body is a temple and I only feed it the finest ginger ale and Squirt soda.

And sometimes Barq’s. Sometimes.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

They're both poo poo, OP.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

no, op, it is not

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

RC Cola is the libertarian champion of colas OP.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Yes, OP.

Pastel Candy Snake
Sep 6, 2018

by Hand Knit
Coke classic and Coke Zero are better than their Pepsi counterparts, but Diet Pepsi blows Diet Coke out of the water.

Close the thread.

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

I did the actual Pepsi challenge at Busch Gardens in Florida back in the early nineties and lost. The teenage girl running the show didn’t give a gently caress and gave me a prize even though I picked the demon Coca-Cola

Defenistrator
Mar 27, 2007
Ask me about my burritos
Pepsi black is the underrated king of zero sugar soft drinks.

Good Sphere
Jun 16, 2018

Has anyone ever had Fever-Tree ginger ale? If I had to choose a favorite soda out of all of 'em, that's what I'd pick. The bottles have chunks-o-ginger in them. Gotta have the chunks.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Meth > Crack > Coke > Pepsi

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Good Sphere posted:

I saw an intriguing video about New Coke that takes place in 1985, where people freaked out & protested when Coca-Cola suddenly ditched the original flavor and replaced it with a new one. I was humbled that something as cringey as you’d see today happen back then. For a moment, they lost their competition against Pepsi, but then luckily gained it back, and then some.

It got me thinking, what’s the big deal between the two? I don’t normally ever drink soda, except occasionally when I get a mixed drink. It makes me feel sick and gross. But I couldn’t stop thinking of this and I just got both a Coke and a Pepsi just to experience the difference.

So my experience was this: Pepsi tastes a bit sweeter than Coke, but then it has this weird, chemically aftertaste that coated my mouth. Coke on the other hand, I felt is perfect just the way it is. An elixir of the gods, for those that are well aquatinted with it. I imagine most southerners have somewhat adapted to drinking coke, like some fluid essential as water. Now I understand the protesting. But anyway, I threw out this disgusting poison after only drinking about an eighth of each.

coke never lost their edge against pepsi. source pepsi only makes money in the us and ca. everyone else uses some type of coke product. usually fanta. and pepsi tastes like poo poo from fountains and coke tastes like battery acid from a can.

that said i drink dr pepper

Bloopsy posted:

im trying to drink myself to death but i wanna leave a good liver for who ever gets my liver when i die. please dont judge me comrade

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
the worst thing about coke is it carries the stink of warren buffett.

Foobie
Dec 14, 2022
Pepsi from a can beats any other cola. Coke is the Hershey’s chocolate of colas, just complete dogshit

Good Sphere
Jun 16, 2018

snergle posted:

coke never lost their edge against pepsi. source pepsi only makes money in the us and ca. everyone else uses some type of coke product. usually fanta. and pepsi tastes like poo poo from fountains and coke tastes like battery acid from a can.

that said i drink dr pepper

im trying to drink myself to death but i wanna leave a good liver for who ever gets my liver when i die. please dont judge me comrade

Mmm yes, I like the taste of Dr Pepper. I should try another sometime. I've heard a lot of people say they hate the Dr Pepper though. So it's one of those you either love or hate, but I do know one thing: Dr Pepper is the OG. :whatup:

Also please don't try to drink yourself to death.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Yuuuuuup

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Regular Coke is better than Regular Pepsi

Diet Pepsi is better than Diet Coke

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Kok

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Coka Suka

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Coke is Ken Jennings.
Pepsi is Mayim Bialik

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Sugenfugen

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Poopsi :colbert:

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Darth Brooks posted:

Coke is Ken Jennings.
Pepsi is Mayim Bialik

Mr. Pibb is Ken Bone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!