Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the best soda?
Coke
Pepsi
Mountain Dew Baja 3D Blast
View Results

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Yeah coke is better. Pepsi is different and inferior.

That being said cherry Pepsi is better than cherry coke. I don’t really drink either any more though. Soda is bad for you and I’d rather cash in my Bad Bev chips on beer and coffee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Bitch!!! All u need is mountain dew with them like flavored THC drops

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I don't drink much soda anymore and if anything it'll be a diet pepsi (or deit coke if it's from McDonald's, they have the best coke). I'll drink non-diet root beer if it's craft or like Sprecher's or something.

Many years ago my car battery terminals got all hosed up and corroded and someone told me to dump some diet coke on it. I thought that was bullshit but it removed all of the battery acid instantly like it was water. It was so cooooool!

Good Sphere
Jun 16, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4bC7VkRCws

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

I drink a 6 pack of grape zevia a day.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

RC Cola is the libertarian champion of colas OP.

Since Jolt cola in glass bottles is just a dusty memory at this point and a two liter of RC is a buck twenty five at Dollar Tree.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

coke is much better than pepsi, op

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Surprised wizard master didn't do this thread first tbh

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Mountain dew is orange soda with a splash of lemon lime lol

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

remeber when they released coke with coffee in it

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

numberoneposter posted:

Coke Blak? Loved that stuff.

They did it again recently but it sucked and it’s always on sale now.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Also Coke is far better for cola-based cocktails. Pepsi’s flavor profile just doesn’t work well with liquor for some reason.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Szyznyk posted:

Since Jolt cola in glass bottles is just a dusty memory at this point and a two liter of RC is a buck twenty five at Dollar Tree.

I remember that stuff. I never had it but I heard it was a huge deal because it had double the caffeine of a normal soda or something. I thought the legend was it got banned.

Now you can get an energy drink or Starbucks with like 400+mg of caffeine in it.

BigBeefCity
Oct 26, 2022

~*Special Delivery*~
~*For Anime Fans*~

OVERSIZE
PACKAGE

Bismack Billabongo posted:

That being said cherry Pepsi is better than cherry coke. I don’t really drink either any more though. Soda is bad for you and I’d rather cash in my Bad Bev chips on beer and coffee

That being said cherry Pepsi is better than cherry coke.

it's fuckin this :O
Just like they said in the op, I don't actually drink soda anymore either, don't even have some in my house

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Also Coke is far better for cola-based cocktails. Pepsi’s flavor profile just doesn’t work well with liquor for some reason.

I'll have a rum and pepsi please :newfap:

zone
Dec 6, 2016
Coke > Pepsi. No contest. Even Coke Zero is better than Pepsi and I'm no fan of diet sodas.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

i dont drink a lot of soda pop but drat if that Dr. PP didnt taste good washing down those 5 pizza slices

BeastOfTheEdelwood
Feb 27, 2023

Led through the mist, by the milk-light of moon, all that was lost is revealed.
I prefer Aqua-cola, OP. I get it whenever I stop for guzzeline. On special occasions, I drink mother's milk, which is :perfect:.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Goku Cola

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Oh sweet, it's the Jordan Peterson cola!

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

Diet Coke über alles

Good Sphere
Jun 16, 2018

numberoneposter posted:

I saw that mentioned online when writing this post, and apparently it was really well received.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I could never stand Coke or Pepsi because they're the only sodas that leave a weird film on my tongue and teeth. Never got that from Dr. Pepper or various root beers, so I don't know what the gently caress.

covidstomper58
Nov 8, 2020

All of these answers are wrong, but I could go for a Fresca.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

zone posted:

Coke > Pepsi. No contest. Even Coke Zero is better than Pepsi and I'm no fan of diet sodas.

It's this

Skinnymansbeerbelly
Apr 1, 2010
Absolutely, yes, and the Mexican is king poo poo.

OP is wrong, however: the true nectar of the gods was Pepsi Natural.

Good Sphere
Jun 16, 2018

Skinnymansbeerbelly posted:

Absolutely, yes, and the Mexican is king poo poo.

OP is wrong, however: the true nectar of the gods was Pepsi Natural.

I’ll be on the look out for that one to taste my test.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Theyre different drinks so neither is better. Pepsi is definitely sweeter but coke has slightly more depth of flavor and slightly more notes, such as they are.

Personally i think this makes pepsi better for miking, and coke better for just drinking on its own. Really though theyre basically interchangable.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

BEPIS

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuOqCm-KGGY

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Chinatown is better than pepsis

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Pepsi tastes better than Coke, to me and to over 50% of people surveyed via taste tests. Which I don't think makes us better than Coke preferrers because I am not a drat fool.

Both the Pepsi and Coke companies have literally bragged about setting people's brand preference firmly in childhood via advertisement inundation. A young adult beach party with lots of swimsuit-clad nubiles, music and fun sporting activities, anyone?

I can't define the taste difference, but is not I believe due to childhood brainwashing from those ads, which do affect many, but rather my own oft-repeated taste tests... I drink around 4-5 litres a day of cola, every day, have done for many years, and used to buy whatever cola was the cheapest per unit volume at gas stations & supermarkets. (It's not too good for the teeth btw, that much cola.)

Pepsi also holds its effervescence significantly longer after opening & refrigerating the remainder of the bottle than Coke. (I also avoid all 2 litre bottles for similar reasons.)

(NB For Americans: 1L is about a quart, and 2 litres about half a gallon.)

BigBadSteve fucked around with this message at 11:42 on Mar 3, 2023

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Put the lime in the coke you nut

SmallFormatBlues
Aug 12, 2022
Let’s talk about moxy if we’re talking about doctor pepper. I have to drive up to Maine from PA to get why sweet delicious foul beverage. You’d think working for one of those two companies for almost two decades I’d be heavily biased towards my employer, but most cola is cucky as hell to me. Rc cola cherry ain’t too bad, rc cola itself actually beat out pepsi in one of the pepsi challenges not too far back, but when that was the result, which was not expected they did not release the findings. Little interesting conspiracy thing. The best examples of either coke or pepsi is the glass bottle, not made from corn sugar varieties ( usually referred to as Mexican coke or pepsi, which isn’t exactly as it seems, a discussion maybe for another
Time). Head to head them under those circumstances to really get full optics of how they’re supposed to taste, which is usually like their current counter part being produced, just slightly better. One relies heavily on carbonation to destroy your esophagus, the other relies heavily on sugar to bless you with diabetic socks.

My drivers and their pride for the company as they build a pepsi tower to heaven, to kill god and throw him off his throne for doing this to us.

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Chinoto > A good Sarsaparilla > Dr Pepper > Coke > Pepsi

50% Chinoto + 50% Soda water with ice is the best.

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset
I have recently fallen into the spell of Diet Coke since the work vending machine is pretty limited and sometimes I forget my seltzers. It's ok, but it's weird how thick and syrupy regular Coke is in comparison. But I do really love can Coke, especially in a glass with a little too much ice. Let it melt just so there's a thin layer of ice water on top. It's so good if you time it right.

My all time favorite soda so far is Kola Champagne. It tastes like Bubble Yum bubblegum but spicier.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
I like Mr. Pibb

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

Giraffe posted:

Is poo poo better than gently caress? Piss.

"A good poo poo is worth half a gently caress"
--German saying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

BigBadSteve posted:

I drink around 4-5 litres a day of cola, every day, have done for many years

:stare: