Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the best soda?
Coke
Pepsi
Mountain Dew Baja 3D Blast
View Results

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home

BigBadSteve posted:

Pepsi tastes better than Coke, to me and to over 50% of people surveyed via taste tests. Which I don't think makes us better than Coke preferrers because I am not a drat fool.

Both the Pepsi and Coke companies have literally bragged about setting people's brand preference firmly in childhood via advertisement inundation. A young adult beach party with lots of swimsuit-clad nubiles, music and fun sporting activities, anyone?

I can't define the taste difference, but is not I believe due to childhood brainwashing from those ads, which do affect many, but rather my own oft-repeated taste tests... I drink around 4-5 litres a day of cola, every day, have done for many years, and used to buy whatever cola was the cheapest per unit volume at gas stations & supermarkets. (It's not too good for the teeth btw, that much cola.)

Pepsi also holds its effervescence significantly longer after opening & refrigerating the remainder of the bottle than Coke. (I also avoid all 2 litre bottles for similar reasons.)

(NB For Americans: 1L is about a quart, and 2 litres about half a gallon.)

Kidneys hate this guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

angerbeet posted:

Regular Coke is better than Regular Pepsi

Diet Pepsi is better than Diet Coke

Also Pepsi Max is better than Coke Zero.

But regular coke is definitely better than regular pepsi. Also the cherry variant.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

I think I like Pepsi more but I don't drink either actually, I drink Diet Shasta Grapefruit if I'm getting soda. It's so drat good.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

BigBadSteve posted:

Pepsi tastes better than Coke, to me and to over 50% of people surveyed via taste tests. Which I don't think makes us better than Coke preferrers because I am not a drat fool.

Both the Pepsi and Coke companies have literally bragged about setting people's brand preference firmly in childhood via advertisement inundation. A young adult beach party with lots of swimsuit-clad nubiles, music and fun sporting activities, anyone?

I can't define the taste difference, but is not I believe due to childhood brainwashing from those ads, which do affect many, but rather my own oft-repeated taste tests... I drink around 4-5 litres a day of cola, every day, have done for many years, and used to buy whatever cola was the cheapest per unit volume at gas stations & supermarkets. (It's not too good for the teeth btw, that much cola.)

Pepsi also holds its effervescence significantly longer after opening & refrigerating the remainder of the bottle than Coke. (I also avoid all 2 litre bottles for similar reasons.)

How's your diabetes working out

Savage For The Winjun
Jun 27, 2008

Soda is like the only thing that is accepted in metric measurements.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I can't remember if it was coke or pepsi (pepsi I think) released some premium variant that was only sold in 12 ounce single slim cans maybe 5 or 6 years ago and it was actually really loving good. Like way better than the normal stuff. I think there was also ginger and coffee variants. The ginger one was incredible. I think it god scrapped cause it was 2 dollars a can for a pepsi. No idea why they didn't just stick that stuff in normal 12 packs.

Back then I only drank seltzer for the most part, so I liked buying like 2 cans of those every week for a treat. Since then I just got lazy and started buying diet soda again because frankly it tastes better than seltzer.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Diet coke is better than diet pepsi by a country mile which I assume is longer because they fall asleep in the moving vehicle while measuring.

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

Orbitz!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!

Unironically loved those

Costco Meatballs
Oct 21, 2022
when i close my eyes, i still hear the sound the snapple elements caps made when you dented them out a bit and then pushed them in

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
I remember fruitopia, how do you like them cran-grapples?

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal
I don’t drink that brown poo poo anymore, but Pepsi was better than Coke.

On the other hand, Diet Mt Dew is taking me to an early grave, but I can’t stop giving them money to slowly kill me.
:shrug:

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

Treecko posted:

Unironically loved those

Lots of people who made fun of those now drink boba tea and don't actually make the connection.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
Cock > Bepis

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Where my Josta homies at

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Toxic Mental posted:

Where my Josta homies at

Josta kicked rear end so did Orbitz

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

BigBadSteve posted:

I used to drink around 4 liters of diet pop a day. Aside from the sodium intake, which is its own thing, it's hell on your appetite control. Drinking diet pop makes you feel full, but the artificial sweeteners make you feel hungrier 30-45 minutes later, which usually lead to you drinking more pop.

Try switching completely (as in no pop of any kind, at all) to tea or coffee. You'll notice a huge decrease in your thirst/appetite which makes weight loss much easier.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Peggy Edson posted:

How's your diabetes working out

No sugar cola only. (I love aspartame!)

No doubt sugary drinks did contribute to me getting diabetes type 2, though I basically gave them up years before I was diagnosed, to try and get less fat (that change did help).

Edit: No sugar variants are also readily avail. in tasty store brand cola.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

ninjoatse.cx posted:

I used to drink around 4 liters of diet pop a day. Aside from the sodium intake, which is its own thing, it's hell on your appetite control. Drinking diet pop makes you feel full, but the artificial sweeteners make you feel hungrier 30-45 minutes later, which usually lead to you drinking more pop.

Try switching completely (as in no pop of any kind, at all) to tea or coffee. You'll notice a huge decrease in your thirst/appetite which makes weight loss much easier.

Thanks for the tip.

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal
Here, let this :smug: prick answer your question.

The Local Legend
Jun 5, 2013

I would like to extend to you an invitation to the pants party.

This this the only correct answer

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Nigmaetcetera posted:

Cock > Bepis

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Pepsi is better than coke

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

ninjoatse.cx posted:

A long time ago my friend used to drink a 12 pack of pepsi a day. In fact, his nick name when we were young was "pepsi."

He cut soda out of his life and did absolutely nothing else and lost 20lbs.

That was a long time ago though and beer has replaced it so, well you know.

edit: also my favorite drink now that I get whenever I'm at a restaurant is unsweetened iced tea with a lot of lemons.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
I think Pepsi taste more like actual cola nut. I’ve never had one, but all those cola nut flavored candies I’ve tried taste just like Pepsi, so I’m basing it on that. I don’t hate Pepsi, but I don’t especially like it either. Coke is better imo, specifically McDonald’s Coke. I don’t know what the hell they do to it there, but I swear to god the best place to get a Coca-Cola in America is from a McDonald’s soda fountain.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Pepsi tastes flat

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS

covidstomper58 posted:

All of these answers are wrong, but I could go for a Fresca.

Agreed, Fresca is the poo poo, especially ice-cold.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

mysterious frankie posted:

specifically McDonald’s Coke. I don’t know what the hell they do to it there, but I swear to god the best place to get a Coca-Cola in America is from a McDonald’s soda fountain.

When I was working at a theater we had to restock all of the soda syrup and hook it into the lines. My friend, who after became manager for a few years later, told me that he was talking to the coke delivery guy and he said that McDonald's problems are like Defcon 1 for them. They'll drop other poo poo in order to take care of Mickie D's.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
It wouldn’t surprise me if McD’s gets a slightly different mix than everyone else

chainchompz
Jul 15, 2021

bark bark
Pepsi is great if I want to drink, coke is great if I want to sniff.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

The only difference is McDonald's pays for steel tanks instead of plastic bags in boxes and chills the syrup at the source. It's the exact same formula.

Dystopia Barbarian
Dec 25, 2022

by vyelkin
Cream soda > Dr. Pepper > Coke > Sprite > Piss > Pepsi

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
Coke is more caramel forward and Pepsi is more citrus forward, that’s the main flavor difference.

Also, root beer is my favorite kind of soda and if anyone has some root beer recs lay em on me.

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal

Trixie Hardcore posted:

Coke is more caramel forward and Pepsi is more citrus forward, that’s the main flavor difference.

Also, root beer is my favorite kind of soda and if anyone has some root beer recs lay em on me.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Trixie Hardcore posted:

Sprecher for sure. I think Point was ok. Both from Wisconsin. I don't remember being a fan of IBC.

I don't drink diet root beer generally anymore because if I'm going to have a sugar filled soda I'd like it to be a root beer. A&W is probably the best diet root beer and is actually a decent macro root beer.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

if you want a soft drink that will gently caress your poo poo up you need to seek out spruce beer

it tastes like drinking a coniferous forest floor

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Sprecher for sure. I think Point was ok. Both from Wisconsin. I don't remember being a fan of IBC.

I don't drink diet root beer generally anymore because if I'm going to have a sugar filled soda I'd like it to be a root beer. A&W is probably the best diet root beer and is actually a decent macro root beer.

A&W is the best root beer.

Cold and frosty right from the tap at the restaurant, served in a glass mug

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Faygo root beer, obviously. Whoop whoop.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!

Szyznyk posted:

Faygo root beer, obviously. Whoop whoop.

This sounds good until Shaggy 2 Dope kicks one in your face

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macatt
May 3, 2005

Treecko posted:

I like Mr. Pibb

I always wonder if young people think I'm weird or stupid when I absentmindedly say "Mr. Pibb".