Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
We turn the page on another thrilling season for the NFC North. Each team gave us something special in 2022. The Vikings had 13 wins but a point differential of -3. The Lions balled out late in the season and gave us some thrilling play and ballsy coaching. The Packers tried to magic their way into the postseason but comically fell short. Justin Fields ran for 4000 yards.

Minnesota Vikings - 2022: 13-4, Bounced in Wild Card Round by the Giants (lol)
Outlook for 2023: With a new coordinator, expect the defense to not be absolute garbage. Being well over the cap may finally force them to say goodbye to some long-time and popular players. Result: another quick playoff exit.

Detroit Lions - 2022: 9-8, Missed Playoffs
Outlook for 2023: Things are looking up in Detroit? The players are buying into the coach's culture and they barely missed the playoffs last year (would have made it had they no started the season so bad). Result: A chic pick for a modest playoff run.

Green Bay Packers - 2022: 8-9, Missed Playoffs
Outlook for 2023: Who knows. Another off-season of will he/won't he (though it supposedly won't "drag out"). This could be the Summer of Love. Result: Either a rebuild year or another year of washed play, no playoffs.

Chicago Bears - 2022: 3-14, Worst Record in NFL (congrats)
Outlook for 2023: Major rebuilding begins. Massive cap room and draft capital will mean a flurry of activity. Result: This is still the Bears, no playoffs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Da Bears

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

gently caress Matt Patricia.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

tinstaach posted:

gently caress Matt Patricia.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Let's go The Vikings

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Aaron Rodgers retire/go the gently caress away bitch

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Go Pack Go imo

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

I love how the AI put MuscleCoach in a fuckin’ straitjacket.

I certainly didn’t put that in the prompt.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Lions bitch

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

:firstpost:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

i love dan campbell

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Gonz posted:

Now ask it to do Dan Campbell instead of Conor McGregor

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
Go The Minnesota Quantum Superpositional Vikings! The only thing you can know for sure, is that Chaos comes from the North, and the Vikings are its emissary.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

tinstaach posted:

Now ask it to do Dan Campbell instead of Conor McGregor

Best it could do!

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Kevin Bacon?

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

xbilkis posted:

Da Bears

Da Bears.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
Also, incidentally, go the NFC North in general, the only division in football to have all four franchises ranked in the top half by the NFLPA regarding their treatment of their players, as well as the holder of #1 overall and two top-10 ratings.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

xbilkis posted:

Da Bears

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...
The Vikings likely won’t have a better record or luck this season but I’m here for the chaos. Let’s go NFCN friends

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Let Us Go Da Chicago Bears of Arlington Heights

Apples McGrind
Oct 13, 2013

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Gonz posted:

He looks like one of the hobbits from the bad movie trilogy the Hobbit.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I hope the Packers suck, the Vikings are mid, the Bears make the playoffs and the Lions win the super bowl.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1631661834473283587

King poo poo

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
bears: worst record in the nfl, for the first time in franchise history (they had tied for worst before)

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
I like that the team outlooks range from "no playoffs" to "quick playoff exit." No hope allowed!

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
For what it's worth, I'm probably more high on the Vikings than most.

If the Vikings can put together a remotely representative defense they'd be fine.

Like Kirk eats poo poo a bunch, but man, you can't give up 31 points to the Giants like that lol.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

My big reservation re: the Vikings is do you think Jefferson can produce yet another 1800 yard, 8 TD season? If he can't, that offense regresses. Losing even a few points per game puts the Vikings at like 8-9 this year instead of 13-4.

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

SKULL.GIF posted:

do you think Jefferson can produce yet another 1800 yard, 8 TD season?
Having watched him for the last 3 years, I think he can hit 2000 yards. He actually had a fair number of ugly drops this year

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

SKULL.GIF posted:

My big reservation re: the Vikings is do you think Jefferson can produce yet another 1800 yard, 8 TD season? If he can't, that offense regresses. Losing even a few points per game puts the Vikings at like 8-9 this year instead of 13-4.

I mean, yes. He is one of the 3 best receivers in the league.

Also that's the thing, it's not like that Offense can stop other teams from running it up on that dire defense.

If you are a team that has to win via shootout, you are going to be a high variance team, unless you have like "That Guy™" at QB. Kirk isn't "That Guy™", but he's a more than capable and talented QB, if a bit boring.

The Offense has to score less points, and can suffer a downturn if the Defense goes from like only better than the Bears, Lions and Cardinals defense, to like middle of the pack. With even a remotely sane scheme.

Vikings had like a top 10 production offense. I'm assuming they can stay in that top 10. As much as people like to poo poo on Kirk(It's me I'm people) he and that offense not really the problem with that team.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Mar 3, 2023

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

SKULL.GIF posted:

If the defense had been anything but a wet paper towel the offense wouldn't have had to play hero ball all season.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

So what you're saying is it'll be another single digit point differential this year, but instead of 31-30 shootouts it'll be 7-6 snoozefests.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

xbilkis posted:

Da Bears

Still

Suck

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

BigBeefCity
Oct 26, 2022

~*Special Delivery*~
~*For Anime Fans*~

OVERSIZE
PACKAGE

quote:

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed.

quote:

I'm probably more high on the Vikings than most.

quote:

Dexo

Ok there, Capt. Minneapolis, Pretty stunning you'd go all in on the vikes.

Go Packers, go Love.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

xbilkis posted:

Da Bears

R.D. Mangles posted:

gently caress THE PACKERS