Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Go Packers!

Go away, Aaron Rodgers!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Go Pack Go

(Fire Joe Barry)

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
looking forward to the lions this year.

I'll revisit this next year and reflect on my fandom choices.

BigBeefCity
Oct 26, 2022

~*Special Delivery*~
~*For Anime Fans*~

OVERSIZE
PACKAGE

Danny LaFever posted:

looking forward to the lions this year.

Playing them?

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

I don't always pull for the NFC North

But when I do

I prefer the Vikings

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

This would be such a huge loving haul that I hope it doesn't happen.

https://www.sportsmockery.com/chicago-bears/weve-learned-the-chicago-bears-asking-price-for-the-1-pick/

quote:

What we haven’t known is what Poles might be looking for in terms of compensation. Much of that depends on how far the Bears drop. If it’s within the top five with Houston or Indianapolis, they’re likely looking at multiple Day 2 selections and maybe a future 1st. However, the Bears GM might be aiming higher. Robert Mays of The Athletic appeared on Hoge & Jahns to discuss Chicago’s situation. It was here he revealed a relevant bit of information that could have massive ramifications if true.

“Little birdies? The price that I heard from outside the top five is your one this year, a two this year, a 1st in 2024, and a 1st in 2025.”

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
the bears are going to turn lovie smith's gift into more than the herschel walker trade. a bears dynasty was born in houston

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

why is this not in the OP?

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

gently caress the Packers posted:

gently caress the Packers.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Go Packers. Watch A-A Ron leave and Love play amazing, pissing the rest of the division off and winning NFC North yet again.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Go Packers. Watch A-A Ron leave and Love play amazing, pissing the rest of the division off and winning NFC North yet again.

:hmmyes::yeah:

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

I mean, that was always going to be the price. We have prior history and this is a solid rear end class a year after the worst quarterback class in 20 years. There are too many teams who need quarterbacks.

The real question is whether they can pull off trading down twice and really getting a haul.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

my packers sources are telling me that rodgers won't consider a return to green bay unless aaron jones legally changes his first name to "alex"

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/itszacharyj/status/1630918313596579841

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Yeah… he would say that, while he had clumps of doo-doo-balls hanging off his back side.

“Those aren’t dingle-berries. I have very smooth, very clean poops. :smuggo:

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019
Da Cook county Bears

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Aaron Rodgers was taken by the alleyway shadow creatures from Ghost and replaced with a Poop rear end Rodgers.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Sounds like an upgrade

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
throwin a smooth #2

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

He should start dating one of the swap.avi girls, she could be his #2 receiver

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

ZombieCrew posted:

Da Cook county Bears

Glendale Cardinals
Orchard Park Bills
Charlotte Panthers
Arlington Cowboys
Paradise Raiders
Inglewood Chargers
Inglewood Rams
Minneapolis Vikings
Foxborough Patriots
East Rutherford Giants
East Rutherford Jets
Santa Clara 49ers
Nashville Titans
Landover Commanders

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Glendale Cardinals
Orchard Park Bills
Charlotte Panthers
Arlington Cowboys
Paradise Raiders
Inglewood Chargers
Inglewood Rams
Minneapolis Vikings
Foxborough Patriots
East Rutherford Giants
East Rutherford Jets
Santa Clara 49ers
Nashville Titans
Landover Commanders

Finally, Glendale’s time to shine. I like this rule.

The Dolphins are in Miami Gardens, Buccs in West Tampa. Think it’s a shorter list of teams actually named the same as the city on the stadium’s address.

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

It's kinda weird how few teams are named after entire states instead of specific cities. That would make it a lot less obvious when new stadiums get built way out in the suburbs, or in the case of the 49ers, entirely different cities altogether

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

NFC North 2023: Smooth number twos

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
:siren: I like podcasts. If you have any to recommend for your NFCN team, let me know and I can add them to the OP.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Pride of Detroit, One of These Years, and Dungeon of Doom are great Lions podcasts.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

SirPablo posted:

:siren: I like podcasts. If you have any to recommend for your NFCN team, let me know and I can add them to the OP.

I really like the Athletic's Lions podcast, One of these Years with Nick Baumgardner and Colton Pouncy. Behind that, Dungeon of Doom from MLive reporters Kyle Meinke and Ben Raven is pretty good, very media focused, and they often get pretty interesting guests. I do also listen to the SB Nation Pride of Detroit PODcast pretty frequently - I disagree with them a bit more, but they put out a lot of content and are pretty responsive to various events.

e: lol beaten

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Cognac McCarthy posted:

It's kinda weird how few teams are named after entire states instead of specific cities. That would make it a lot less obvious when new stadiums get built way out in the suburbs, or in the case of the 49ers, entirely different cities altogether

City is just tradition really. Minnesota teams are an outlier because of the Twin Cities.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Now he's bragging about the shits he takes. I hope he retires and gets a job at Twitter.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Mulaney Power Move posted:

Now he's bragging about the shits he takes. I hope he retires and gets a job at Twitter.

Hey, he's matured to the level of a 2 year old getting potty trained.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

Henchman of Santa posted:

City is just tradition really. Minnesota teams are an outlier because of the Twin Cities.

Yeah, back when most major sports leagues were founded, they were dealing with way more than one team per state -- depending on when you asked, New York would have had an entire division worth of specific neighborhoods.

Interestingly, teams nowadays go in both directions for their renamings -- starting as states and going to cities (Florida Marlins -> Miami Marlins), the inverse (Phoenix Coyotes -> Arizona Coyotes / Phoenix Cardinals -> Arizona Cardinals), and of course, changing their name incessantly in poorly-considered attempts to leech off a larger market that's already got a flagship (Your California Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim).

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Eh nevermind

Hot Diggity! fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Mar 5, 2023

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

SirPablo posted:

As far as Bears Podcasts go, the best one is Hoge and Jahns, kinda by far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-QYbMBv9xM

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Dexo posted:

While this is true, I'm still not a big fan of it.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

SirPablo posted:

I like Purple Daily both because I think their analysis/takes are good and because they make people who think you're not allowed to criticize your favorite team incredibly mad

https://www.youtube.com/@PurpleDailyPodcast

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

SirPablo posted:

:siren: I like podcasts.

aaron rodgers with the solid snake exclamation point over his head

chrix
Jan 3, 2004

Football man, the guy with the football plan

Dexo posted:

Hoge and Jahns are pretty good, though I prefer Hoge's work on CHGO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZnD4h_YXTY

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
CHGO I follow, but you kinda have to be a specific type of person. Daily hour long podcasts about mostly nothing are just too loving much.

chrix
Jan 3, 2004

Football man, the guy with the football plan

Dexo posted:

CHGO I follow, but you kinda have to be a specific type of person. Daily hour long podcasts about mostly nothing are just too loving much.

They're good to have on while I'm WFH. Same with 670 Chicago, though I miss Leila Rahimi...she and Bernstein worked well together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
I like Norse Code for a Vikings podcast, Arif Hasan is a really smart guy who balances player analysis with data nerd poo poo, but he’s also an extremely online debate nerd and after a decade of recording the show has a solid buildup of in-jokes/schticks, so you kinda have to be okay with a lot of references to bee racism and hating turkey at Thanksgiving.