Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

adaz posted:

Morgan played for 5 years at left tackle in college. That's it. As others have said I think they drafted him to play left tackle and at worst his floor is a guard... Because you don't draft guards in the first round.

I think there's a very good shot they think he can be the long term answer at LT, but will start at guard especially if Walker keeps improving. The OL last year was stagnant until competition was introduced then improved drastically. If Walker ends up being the answer at LT and Morgan is great at guard, nobody will care. If Walker isn't as good as Morgan at LT, then Walker is a capable backup. After Bakh's injury killed our best SB opportunity recently due to having to shift players out of position, I wouldn't be surprised if versatility on the line keeps being a focus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Dh2RYMj9cg

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Only criticism of Arnold is that he should have worn more gold chains like Deion.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Im just mad at Jordan Morgan's parents for naming him that

Things that almost rhyme but not quite are infuriating

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Gute knows glutes

Glute I kissed

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
Vikings did... Aight?

I'm not THRILLED by McCarthy on first pass but with the Falcons Falconing the bejeezus out of their pick, he was definitely the soundest option. That and the Vikings are probably the best QB-hungry landing spot for a new QB, at least out of the options. If he's going to do well, this is one of the best places for him to do so.

The second pick I'm also meh on the trade up but the pick itself is rock solid. No complaints. Lots of draft capital spent but we'll see if it pays off.

Now loving sign Jefferson.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Redeye Flight posted:

Vikings did... Aight?

I'm not THRILLED by McCarthy on first pass but with the Falcons Falconing the bejeezus out of their pick, he was definitely the soundest option. That and the Vikings are probably the best QB-hungry landing spot for a new QB, at least out of the options. If he's going to do well, this is one of the best places for him to do so.

The second pick I'm also meh on the trade up but the pick itself is rock solid. No complaints. Lots of draft capital spent but we'll see if it pays off.

Now loving sign Jefferson.

I am glad the Vikings have someone besides Darnold.

You could tell the Falcons making the dumbest pick possible screwed up everyone else's draft board.

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

I usually stop up for the draft but couldn’t hack it this year. Woke up to see everyone loves the Lions pick so.. cook cool cool.

Whose the biggest LOL in the division? Packers? Definitely Falcons or Raiders for the overall night though, right?

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

Name Change posted:

I am glad the Vikings have someone besides Darnold.

You could tell the Falcons making the dumbest pick possible screwed up everyone else's draft board.

Definitely feels like Penix was the Vikings' plan, yeah. Lots of scrambling kicked off by Falcons madness. That also probably explains the one spot trade-up, Penix going unexpectedly put heat on the Vikes and Broncos.

Bumhead posted:

I usually stop up for the draft but couldn’t hack it this year. Woke up to see everyone loves the Lions pick so.. cook cool cool.

Whose the biggest LOL in the division? Packers? Definitely Falcons or Raiders for the overall night though, right?

Falcons are definitely the overall of the night. Packers were weakest for the North though not terrible, a little odd. Them getting sniped by the Lions for three consecutive years is very funny.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

I really like that the Bears replaced their entire offense in like 2 years, but with good players this time

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

GNU Order posted:

I really like that the Bears replaced their entire offense in like 2 years, but with good players this time

With four very important exceptions who, arguably, are why they're in such a good spot

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
The Vikings have a fourth round pick and some six and sevens left this year and only a first and two fifths next year(pending completion picks). To end up with JJ McCarthy and Dallas Turner. They are definitely the biggest lol in the division.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Imagine being Kirk Cousins and watching the Falcons take Penix while Odunze was on the board. :lol:

Bumhead posted:

Packers did a “meh” pick that we might end up thanking Gutey for in a year or two. Everyone expected them to take Cooper DeJean, and when they didn’t, no one after them picked him up in the first round, either. Maybe he goes pick 33, maybe he’s still there when the Packers pick again in the 2nd. I’m not too worried about it.

Vikings picked JJ McCarthy, and that to me is the biggest LOL of the division.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
Morgan is a solid pick. Zach Tom (RT) leaving the 49ers playoff game early basically ruined the Packers' protection. And depth at T is extremely important with how good the pass rushers in the North are.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?
I just realized after tonight's 2nd round pick the Lions don't have one until the 5th. drat, please make it a good one. IOL is needed big time.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Packers have four picks today pretty cool

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1783851429033066706

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
Bears passing game is going to be completely insane.

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
DJ Moore 1300 yards
Keenan Allen 1200 yards
Odunze 900 yards
Kmet 600 yards
Swift 500 yards

Caleb 4500 yards + 40 TDs. Its happening folks

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
lol vikes

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://x.com/Reese10Angel/status/1783686844397318206

I Actually like the Vikings draft.

Getting JJ at 10 instead of having to jump up a ton to grab him, They got the best pass rusher who didn't have major neck surgery in the draft. Flores is going to do nasty things with Dallas Turner.

And I think JJ McCarthy is going to be a perfectly good quarterback in that system He's got some mechanical things to clean up (is Jared Goffesqe and being able to throw outside the hashes right now) but I think he has more than enough upside. In an ideal world he would have been a late round first early second but quarterbacks baby!

I would have lost my poo poo if they had to give up two first round picks to get JJ McCarthy though but one fifth or whatever is fine.

pocket pool
Aug 4, 2003

B U T T S

Bleak Gremlin
Honestly, after years of watching Spielman hoard day 2 and 3 picks to draft a million backups I'm fine with the Vikings using the capital like this.

I am real excited to see the defense this season, Flores has a lot more to work with.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

insanely bad lmao

have you ever seen a bears game

pocket pool
Aug 4, 2003

B U T T S

Bleak Gremlin

Surely THIS time they won't gently caress it up!

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Dexo posted:

Getting JJ at 10 instead of having to jump up a ton to grab him, They got the best pass rusher who didn't have major neck surgery in the draft. Flores is going to do nasty things with Dallas Turner.

And I think JJ McCarthy is going to be a perfectly good quarterback in that system He's got some mechanical things to clean up (is Jared Goffesqe and being able to throw outside the hashes right now) but I think he has more than enough upside. In an ideal world he would have been a late round first early second but quarterbacks baby!

I would have lost my poo poo if they had to give up two first round picks to get JJ McCarthy though but one fifth or whatever is fine.

Christian ponder is a free agent, zero draft picks used

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I agree, when they still can't succeed it is going to make the fans go insane and be their last straw

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Love the turn over on the secondary by Holmes. Have to see how they play together, but its much improved.

Did not expect Arnold to fall that much that Holmes could trade up, but I had a feeling Brad might trade up to get a guy they love with a first round grade.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Is the Bears line gonna be able to protect Caleb because that passing attack, hoo-doggy.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

MJeff posted:

Is the Bears line gonna be able to protect Caleb because that passing attack, hoo-doggy.

No. The bears will never have a functioning passing offense.

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

MJeff posted:

Hopefully they just go center and guard in 3rd/4th

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

When the Bears Modern Passing Game Plan blows up in their face for the third consecutive time in less than a decade, it will be time for them to stop loving around and hire Paul Johnson to run the triple.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Bip Roberts posted:

Christian ponder is a free agent, zero draft picks used

JJ isn't Christian Ponder. Completely different passing profile and athlete.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

MJeff posted:

Probably,

Justin's problem is that he often brought sacks on himself. Making the Line look worse than it was.

Caleb is a goddamn master at navigating the pockets and helping his offensive lineman block by how he's moving.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

I can't wait to see who the Bears draft at QB in 3-4 years that they won't screw up this time.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

trevorreznik posted:

Hopefully they just go center and guard in 3rd/4th

Remaining OL candidates are strongest at the interior so that's good for your hopes. Not many tackle candidates left.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

R.D. Mangles posted:

When the Bears Modern Passing Game Plan blows up in their face for the third consecutive time in less than a decade, it will be time for them to stop loving around and hire Paul Johnson to run the triple.

No kidding. If the Bears somehow still can't get a passing game going with the #1 QB in the draft, 2 great WR veterans, and a great WR rookie, then I don't know what else to do.

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This might just be the year

They've literally never had a 4,000 yard passer in franchise history. I'd settle for 'average' or 'above average' passing game, that would be, quite honestly, a revelation.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Dexo posted:

I dunno, I think he went 32 spots too early but then I'd say that about half the QBs drafted in the top 12 picks (at least). But with the caveat that I have done no film studying except having watched some college games very casually months ago, know absolutely gently caress all about evaluating prospects & also that draft value is a vastly over-rated concept, if the guy works out the it's a good pick, it's not really worth overthinking it unless you are in the war room & actually have to make the picks.

I think I'd like to see the Packers move up to near the top of the 2nd if they can to try and get someone like DeJean or McKinstry. But if they don't then I hope they can pick up Ladd McConkey because I like his name, & that theory of vibes-based picking convinced me GB should've picked up Amon-Ra St Brown, & he turned out well.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Vikings did great unloading Kirk and this is just icing.

https://twitter.com/DMRussini/status/1783674486966952055

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
https://x.com/calebcsw/status/1501235055246471169?s=46&t=m5J1AHu-B_BCiHxU6acSoQ