Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

GNU Order posted:

Good teams punt the ball in January sometimes

Ryan Poles is playing chess while the rest of us are merely playing checkers

I didn’t say they’d never have to punt, and I’m not sure using KC to prove your point makes much sense when their punter was league average and went undrafted.

I forgot the Bears were terrible and punting, so it’s a good thing they found a better replacement, and hopefully that ends up being a net gain of 20 yards a game or so, which is like a point per game difference. So yea, hopefully it ends up being the right move.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wollawolla
Jan 15, 2007

Are you gonna smash my skull and breathe my blood-mist?

A Sneaker Broker posted:

LaFleur also said they identified the issue for the hamstring injuries for Stokes and Watson.

I’ll buy ‘solving’ soft tissue injury when I see it.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

I wonder if there are any public studies about player projection vs results and which teams beat the consensus.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
All I know is yahoo gives me Cs and Ds constantly in my fantasy drafts I generally make it to the championship in my leagues.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Mock drafts and instant draft grades are dumb as poo poo. There is no reason to pay attention to them unless you want to immediately be smug or mad for no reason.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Hot Diggity! posted:

Mock drafts and instant draft grades are dumb as poo poo. There is no reason to pay attention to them unless you want to immediately be smug or mad for no reason.

Have you met the internet?

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Yeah like the poster above I'd really like to see how the "value" estimates pan out three years later. Holmes is a weird drafter, that's for sure. Just a straight up "gently caress what everyone else thinks. If we believe this man can ball: drafted. When? Lmao." Even position is more along the lines of "eh, we'll figure it out."

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://x.com/Caleb2Odunze/status/1784411005650391076

This man is just a complete loving Dork

And people tried to paint him as some massive rear end in a top hat lol.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
You can be a dork and an rear end in a top hat remember where you are

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
Geno Smith had 4282 yards, 30 TDs , 11 ints his breakout year with Waldron. I'm expecting the same for Williams, maybe a bit more.

The season cannot start soon enough.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Dexo posted:

Kissing Titties? No, Grabbing Titties

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

SirPablo posted:

Kissing Titties? No, Grabbing Titties

Next level stuff. Mitch could never.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Dexo posted:

That's the northwestern Wildcat Growl

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

R.D. Mangles posted:

That's the northwestern Wildcat Growl

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XItRcMuraCI

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Huh. Turns out Enagbare did not tear his ACL. He just thought he did and told the media that.

https://twitter.com/mattschneidman/status/1784371139604631659

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Dejan Bimble posted:

I wonder if there are any public studies about player projection vs results and which teams beat the consensus.

Here's one: this is the same chart from last year:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Going over this year's draft class I notice that pretty much everyone the Packers drafted had extensive college experience and are more or less ready to play right away. The last couple years they were focusing on players who needed development time and experience.

Super Bowl window is open, baby.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

SKULL.GIF posted:

Going over this year's draft class I notice that pretty much everyone the Packers drafted had extensive college experience and are more or less ready to play right away. The last couple years they were focusing on players who needed development time and experience.

Yeah, it is weird how they did a complete 180 in their defensive picks. Their picks actually make sense and as a Bears fan I don't like it.

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

SKULL.GIF posted:

I think they win the super bowl in 2025.

Offense gets better this year, and Love becomes a star QB. Defense becomes solid. Next year they sign some beefy FA pass rusher or something and that puts them over the top for their 1 super bowl win per great QB. Followed up with 10 years of annoying playoff losses until we draft another QB who sits behind Love for a couple years and we start all over again.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Friday is when Love can officially sign a new extension.

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
Packers are going to finish third in the division and lose to the 49ers in the playoffs.

Their window is already closed since the Bears will pass them before the Packers can pass the Lions. Bad timing on their part.

The lions won't win the Superbowl either due to Mahomes at his peak, onto the Bears have a shot at it by timing their rebuild correctly.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

trevorreznik posted:

Packers are going to finish third in the division and lose to the 49ers in the playoffs

Alhamdulillah

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Gonz posted:

Alhamdulillah

:pray:

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Malaria posted:

I think they win the super bowl in 2025.

Let's not start sucking each other's dicks quite yet. I know it's April after draft and all but ya know

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

CharlestheHammer posted:

You can be a dork and an rear end in a top hat remember where you are

Dumb as a sack of wet mice, too.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Important roster news:

https://twitter.com/TomSilverstein/status/1784372278584570085

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

https://twitter.com/bobnetherlands/status/1784561542870028669?t=YmfgrMqAzZ-k9V8ykFikPQ&s=19

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

MJeff posted:

Dumb as a sack of wet mice, too.

Yeah people can have multiple traits. That being said even if he’s a dumb rear end in a top hat dork it also doesn’t matter, you don’t got to be his friend

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

charles sure likes to wonder why he's always surrounded by assholes

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I mean yeah that's the hand sign of the Dork Order

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

IcePhoenix posted:

I mean yeah that's the hand sign of the Dork Order

I'm glad someone else said it.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Parallelwoody posted:

Yeah like the poster above I'd really like to see how the "value" estimates pan out three years later. Holmes is a weird drafter, that's for sure. Just a straight up "gently caress what everyone else thinks. If we believe this man can ball: drafted. When? Lmao." Even position is more along the lines of "eh, we'll figure it out."

Is it even possible to get a good "value" grade if you have the first overall pick?

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Is it even possible to get a good "value" grade if you have the first overall pick?

No, but it is possible to gently caress it up like carolina last year.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Last year the Lions got pasted for what turned out to be an awesome draft. The entire idea of value charts is dumb. Who cares if you get good players. Oh, you could have gotten them later? If you think they are the best player at that position and you dont take them, you're an idiot.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

ZombieCrew posted:

No, but it is possible to gently caress it up like carolina last year.

Is Bryce Young not worth DJ Moore, Darnell Wright, Tyrique Stevenson, Caleb Williams, and a 2025 second-round pick???

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Sataere posted:

Last year the Lions got pasted for what turned out to be an awesome draft. The entire idea of value charts is dumb. Who cares if you get good players. Oh, you could have gotten them later? If you think they are the best player at that position and you dont take them, you're an idiot.

This year the Lions' draft was widely acclaimed, so it's going to suck. :ohdear:

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

MJeff posted:

This year the Lions' draft was widely acclaimed, so it's going to suck. :ohdear:

Why? Because Holmes went back to his roots of "gently caress them picks?" That's how the Rams won a SB.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Do not even ask posted:

charles sure likes to wonder why he's always surrounded by assholes

I don’t wonder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Holmes drafts are always fun. Four drafts now and I really have no idea what to expect. He moves up and down the board, takes guys earlier than consensus and then grabs guys that fall.

His body of work says he's one of the best in the business at it. I'm curious how the British Columbian Uni lineman pans out, because they paid a lot for him and he probably won't play this year, so people are going to question it. Hope Fraley can work his magic because his measurables and athleticism are ridiculous. I'm also curious how Fipps will use that safety/rb/special teamer they got. The new ST rules could turn him into a real weapon.

I'm also surprised Mahogany fell that far. Maybe his medicals scared teams off, otherwise that one could make some other teams look stupid.