Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Get two

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

https://twitter.com/BN_Bears/status/1632898766066819072?s=20

It's already the best off-season

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

surf rock posted:

2018: J'Mon Moore + Marquez Valdez-Scantling (WR): MVS was good and Moore sucked

This was actually a triple dip, because EQSB was a 6th rounder.

The double dips didn't start with Gutekunst though, since Thompson did Jamaal Williams and Aaron Jones in 2017.

And who could forget the the 2014 Adams/Abbrederis/Janis receiving hydra.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
drat when'd you make the new thread!

Really liked the Flores hire, RIP Kendricks.

OK peace out until draft.

Cool.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Shrimpy posted:

This was actually a triple dip, because EQSB was a 6th rounder.

The double dips didn't start with Gutekunst though, since Thompson did Jamaal Williams and Aaron Jones in 2017.

And who could forget the the 2014 Adams/Abbrederis/Janis receiving hydra.

I only remember Abbrederis because of how excited Packers fans got at a Badger on the team.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Sataere posted:

The problem is I want a top defensive lineman from this class too! :v:

Frank Clark potentially hitting FA makes me very very excited about the possibility of them trading past the top of the draft to look for JSN

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
Rodgers-2-Jets picking up steam!

I'm guessing the return is pick #13 this year and a conditional fourth-rounder next year that can escalate up to the second-round based on performance.

Rodgers is too old and expensive to get a bigger return, especially after Broncos Country (Let's Ride!) Russ poisoned the well.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

surf rock posted:

Rodgers-2-Jets picking up steam!

I'm guessing the return is pick #13 this year and a conditional fourth-rounder next year that can escalate up to the second-round based on performance.

Rodgers is too old and expensive to get a bigger return, especially after Broncos Country (Let's Ride!) Russ poisoned the well.

Not sure he gets a first. I think second and maybe future third is more likely

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I can't see Rodgers going for much less than 2 firsts, especially after Carr signed with the Saints leaving the Jets with only one other options (spending multiple firsts to move up in the draft for yet another unproven young QB). You're not just trading for a great QB, you're trading for a very real shot at a Super Bowl championship. The Jets have the roster and the coaching for it.

I don't think Russ is a good comparison, the Broncos roster isn't really ready to compete like this Jets team is. He wasn't even their first choice, they panicked and grabbed him after missing out on Rodgers last season.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Sataere posted:

Not sure he gets a first. I think second and maybe future third is more likely

Is this bait?

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Stafford went for two firsts, a third, and Jared Goff. Packers will likely keep some of Rodgers' contract if he's traded to sweeten the pot, but yeah I don't see him going for much less than two firsts.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

SKULL.GIF posted:

Is this bait?

Nah, I just think age and contract will lower the return.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Rodgers is 4(5) years older?

Costs more and will be around less time.

Probably gonna be a touch less than Stafford got.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I think the Jets would love to give up two first round picks for a downgrade from Mike White.

Hot Diggity! posted:

Stafford went for two firsts, a third, and Jared Goff. Packers will likely keep some of Rodgers' contract if he's traded to sweeten the pot, but yeah I don't see him going for much less than two firsts.

Rodgers is definitely one of the QBs in this situation but it's not 2021 Stafford.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I think the absolute minimum is one first along with conditional picks that escalate if he actually plays extra seasons.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Rodgers doesn’t want to play very long. Really feels like the jets fan who called it being a 2nd got it right

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

SKULL.GIF posted:

I think the absolute minimum is one first along with conditional picks that escalate if he actually plays extra seasons.

I think the absolute minimum is that you're stuck with him and have to do more void year bullshit while he keeps playing like poo poo.

Which to be fair Jordan Love would play like poo poo too but at least he would do it for less money.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Also the Jets know the Packers desperately want to get rid of him.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Hot Diggity! posted:

let's be real, one of those firsts was because they were taking on Jared Goff

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Lol at Bears fans thinking they are going to get 10 first round picks when there’s like possibly 4 qbs in the top 10, but that Rodgers won’t get one first round pick.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

IcePhoenix posted:

let's be real, one of those firsts was because they were taking on Jared Goff

Scammed them good, too. :lol:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Hand Row posted:

Lol at Bears fans thinking they are going to get 10 first round picks when there’s like possibly 4 qbs in the top 10, but that Rodgers won’t get one first round pick.

Huh? Bears fans think we might get 2, depending on how far back they are willing to trade.

But yeah, turns out trading for someone's contract who is that age, and showed a decline last year is going to be less than someone like Stafford who was like 5 years younger, and the Lions had to take back a large contract.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Hand Row posted:

I don't think anyone really thinks they are getting more that much. It is fun to pretend they will trade down three different times and get a huge haul.

I think second rounder that can become a first is probably the max they get.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Lmao at the lede of the ringer article on the bears

quote:

Early in the movie Rounders, Matt Damon’s character, Mike McDermott, is observing his law professor’s poker game.

R.D. Mangles fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Mar 7, 2023

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Hand Row posted:

Some Bears fans have deluded themselves into thinking the team is going to do a complete 180 in a single offseason when they need a new offensive line, at least one great wide receiver, a new defensive line, a weakside linebacker, a safety and a cornerback, so...

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I think this forum tends to supremely underrate quarterbacks worth while treating them as the most important player on the team

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

CharlestheHammer posted:

I think this forum tends to supremely underrate quarterbacks worth while treating them as the most important player on the team

I think this forum is just accurately rating one specific quarterback.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

SKULL.GIF posted:

The Jets have the roster and the coaching for it.

Do the Jets have the coaching for it? Saleh has a worse record than Fangio did his first two years. The Jets went 7-10 last year which is the same record Denver had in 2021 in a harder division. And the Jets just hired the coach that architected the Broncos putrid offense to be their OC.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

The Simpsons moe throwing barney out the window and then barney reappearing behind him pictures except with mustipher somehow being the starting center for a third consecutive season.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Timby posted:

Some Bears fans have deluded themselves into thinking the team is going to do a complete 180 in a single offseason when they need a new offensive line, at least one great wide receiver, a new defensive line, a weakside linebacker, a safety and a cornerback, so...

It's less delusion, and more the general understanding of the power that one player can have on an offense or defense.

They don't need a Safety or Corner either.

Their DBs were generally fine.

It's just after trading Quinn their defensive line had nothing

https://twitter.com/Johnathan_Wood1/status/1627705650649128960

The power of one good to elite defensive lineman/tackle can completely change how good a defensive line is.

If the Bears can pick up a good edge and a good 3tech, it moves the other players like gipson back into a role where they aren't getting focused on.

https://twitter.com/Johnathan_Wood1/status/1628009556558184448

My general theory of NFL is one good to elite player can completely change the fortunes of everyone around them especially on the defensive line. As it makes the other parts compensate and weaken elsewhere.

See: Mark Anderson when playing with Tommie Harris before Tommie's legs fell off.

I don't *think* the Bears make the playoffs next year unless Poles has like an all timer off-season which I doubt, but I think they should be competitive™ and In the Hunt™

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Timby posted:

It isn't going to happen in one offseason. I don't even think the Bears are going to spend so much in free agency as extend guys like Mooney, Kmet, and Jaylen Johnson and try to grab one or two big guys in free agency.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Timby posted:

its going to take 2 years

this year: sign the OT and DT that KC is releasing
draft best olineman in top 10. hopefully it's the northwestern guy who can play all 5 positions and move to LT after orlando brown jr retires in a few years
draft 4 good players at top of 2nd
next year: draft 4 players in the top 5 and then another in the top 10 with all the picks they get from trading down 4 times and all those teams stink. probably pick up josh jacobs from vegas as well

so that gives you 5 first round picks who will not bust at all, and 6 high 2nd rounders , lets say only 2 bust. plus 2 free agents at minimum. so that's 11 great players who will all be pro bowlers at minimum. then add in the already solid to good players who will be elevated by talent (fields, mooney, jackson, jaylen johnson) and youre looking at a dynasty

they'll definitely appear in the super bowl but might not be able to beat KC until the year after, but should have at least 5 championships this decade

simple as

mastershakeman fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Mar 7, 2023

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Dexo posted:

If the Bears can pick up a good edge and a good 3tech, it moves the other players like gipson back into a role where they aren't getting focused on.

https://twitter.com/Johnathan_Wood1/status/1628009556558184448

This is an AI post, Trevis Gipson is a made-up-rear end name

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

:hai:

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

I think he's being too conservative also

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
https://twitter.com/RobDemovsky/status/1633144118762143747

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

second packers of fame qb has hit the jets

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

tinstaach posted:

This is an AI post, Trevis Gipson is a made-up-rear end name

when your team starts bad and sells off the only good players, you end up getting a lot of minutes from Madden-generated guys named like Trevis or Nsimba

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Do the Jets have the coaching for it? Saleh has a worse record than Fangio did his first two years. The Jets went 7-10 last year which is the same record Denver had in 2021 in a harder division. And the Jets just hired the coach that architected the Broncos putrid offense to be their OC.

Who is also the ex-Packers offensive coordinator. Not that that makes him good but at least he'll be able to install an offense Rodgers knows. Rodgers will audible any play call he doesn't like, so offensive playcaller doesn't even matter much.

The big problem with the Jets is that while they have good skill players at WR and RB, their offensive line is bad.