Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Give Me Dallas Turner over Verse.

All you need to do with Turner is teach him how to use his hands and arms

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

GNU Order posted:

Honestly I think it’s possible the big 3 WR’s are gone by 9 anyway. Odunze would be insane obv but I think there are a billion good receivers every year now and this guy is sick

If 4 quarterbacks go early, I doubt 3 receivers will. And the teams that will be trading up for quarterbacks will be doing it with the teams that don't need wide receivers. And JJM is absolutely going before the Bears pick. The only alternative I'll take is the Bears trading down with Minnesota for both their firsts this year because I still really want JPJ.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again

Cognac McCarthy posted:

Paul Allen can be fun when he gets excited but I can't imagine listening to him talk for 3 hours a day. He might be the stupidest man in MN sports

He's a great announcer but a terrible radio host, he's such a huge homer nothing he says is reliable. I must've heard that from Justin Gaard though because I don't think Barreiro was in yesterday and I don't listen to PA. I like Gaard but not Barrerio. Common Man Dan Cole is the best host on that station though.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/dhookstead/status/1774035613714403335

Sorry to post this

But God loving damnit the Bears QB is gonna be part of the culture war going on this election year isn't it

Trump is gonna loving name drop Caleb Williams sometime this spring/summer

gently caress everything.

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Dexo posted:

Sorry to post this

But God loving damnit the Bears QB is gonna be part of the culture war going on this election year isn't it

Folks just trolling for views and to feed their outrage machine. It's unlikely it'll ever rise to that level because like most QBs he will probably rapidly learn to say nothing burgers in press conferences .

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

GokuGoesSSj69 posted:

He's a great announcer but a terrible radio host, he's such a huge homer nothing he says is reliable. I must've heard that from Justin Gaard though because I don't think Barreiro was in yesterday and I don't listen to PA. I like Gaard but not Barrerio. Common Man Dan Cole is the best host on that station though.

Barreiro is on during my commute and his whole "I like the Democrats but they've gone too far this time!" schtick is wearing extremely thin. I'm glad there aren't any outright chuds on KFAN but Barreiro has gotten so smug about everything. I just turn it off when he gets onto a political topic

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Dexo posted:

Sorry to post this

Is this the guy with the guns?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
That's the guy who claims to be a Wisconsin superfan but has never tweeted about Wisconsin.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Henchman of Santa posted:

That's the guy who claims to be a Wisconsin superfan but has never tweeted about Wisconsin.

And he's a writer for OutKick, which is a bald-faced Trumpist "news" org.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot
The Bears should target a franchise EDGE over Odunze. This division is going to have three gunslingers. If you can't get any pressure on the QBs, it's over. Also, if you expect Sweat to do everything by himself, gg.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
The good thing about the NFL Draft is that all the prospects are equally good, so you can just go in and say "Give me a franchise player at my position of greatest need :)" and not have to do any work beyond that

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

A Sneaker Broker posted:

The Bears should target a franchise EDGE over Odunze. This division is going to have three gunslingers. If you can't get any pressure on the QBs, it's over. Also, if you expect Sweat to do everything by himself, gg.

I know you only have our best interests at heart :v:

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Sataere posted:

I know you only have our best interests at heart :v:

As much as I like to dog Da Bears, I wanna be competitive. Jared Verse or Dallas Turner at 9 would be funnn

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Bears should draft Caleb, and if possible mhj, and if not then the best d line guy in the draft.

Spend all two other picks on o line, (center

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

A Sneaker Broker posted:

As much as I like to dog Da Bears, I wanna be competitive. Jared Verse or Dallas Turner at 9 would be funnn

I know. To me, they are both needs, but only Odunze is a blue chip prospect. His tape and athletic profile just scream superstar to me. He's the first prospect since reception perception was created to be green in every route category.

The Bears defense will likely be a top ten unit. Keenan Allen is only guaranteed to be around for one more year. I think the clearer path to success is giving Caleb as many weapons as possible.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

HootTheOwl posted:

Bears should draft Caleb, and if possible mhj, and if not then the best d line guy in the draft.

Spend all two other picks on o line, (center

If we are talking about the best D-Line player period in the draft, 9 should be Byron Murphy

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Sataere posted:

I know. To me, they are both needs, but only Odunze is a blue chip prospect. His tape and athletic profile just scream superstar to me. He's the first prospect since reception perception was created to be green in every route category.

The Bears defense will likely be a top ten unit. Keenan Allen is only guaranteed to be around for one more year. I think the clearer path to success is giving Caleb as many weapons as possible.

I 100% agree with Odunze being a blue chip. If they don't go Odunze at nine and go defense, a very good consolation prize at WR would be Tahj Washington or Cornelius Johnson on Day 3.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Sataere posted:

he only alternative I'll take is the Bears trading down with Minnesota for both their firsts this year because I still really want JPJ.

That seems like a really low price for Caleb but hell I'm all for it

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

A Sneaker Broker posted:

If we are talking about the best D-Line player period in the draft, 9 should be Byron Murphy

Chop Robinson erasure!

A Sneaker Broker posted:

I 100% agree with Odunze being a blue chip. If they don't go Odunze at nine and go defense, a very good consolation prize at WR would be Tahj Washington or Cornelius Johnson on Day 3.

I get that. I haven't started fully scouting receivers, but I just finished quarterbacks and I spent a ton of time googling receiver names and numbers while watching guys because there were so many standout receivers. But I feel like Odunze is an absolute sure thing.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

A Sneaker Broker posted:

Is...
Jared Goff a gunslinger now?!

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
All the edges stink this draft (2 guys can't stop the run, one is injury risk, one has bad production) just get one next year with pick #32

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Hizawk posted:

Is...

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

IcePhoenix posted:

That seems like a really low price for Caleb but hell I'm all for it

Lol. Not that pick

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Sataere posted:

Lol. Not that pick

Oh sorry, you didn't specify so I went with the one that was more likely between the two options

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Dexo posted:

Sorry to post this

Checkmarks just post poo poo to desperately try and earn ElonBux from the engagement, man. None of it is real, don't get sucked in.

Hizawk posted:

Is...

lol, Goff is like a pocket pistol. Small, but effective.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
They call him Jared “Noisy Cricket” Goff.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Did anything come of the Falcons tampering with Cousins?

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

SKULL.GIF posted:

Yeah they signed him

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

SKULL.GIF posted:

There probably wouldnt be any punishment until next draft if they find amything.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

MJeff posted:

lol, Goff is like a pocket pistol. Small, but effective.

Navy Seals use .22's. Precision over power every time!

Cognac McCarthy posted:

Yeah they signed him

:lol:

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Everyone from Wisconsin that posts about guns is just a wannabe Yooper. Incredibly sad poo poo.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Sutton turned himself in, apparently.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Dr. Lunchables posted:

Everyone from Wisconsin that posts about guns is just a wannabe Yooper. Incredibly sad poo poo.

Genuinely curious what does this mean

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/AdamHoge/status/1774778161567264989

Such a ridiculous throw.

Rollout play to the right completely shut down, pressure from both sides, able to quickly reset get his feet under him and throw a dart with minimal space to a receiver left one on one in the end zone.

https://twitter.com/minakimes/status/1774471543470567825

Accurate Fadeaway deep shots off the back foot lmao

I prayed for this, and it's gonna happen.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
It's really weird to see the Lions so far down in the first round draft pick order (that didn't come from a trade).

Also I took the Friday of the draft off work to go downtown since it's probably going to be the last time in my life that I get to go to the draft.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

MJeff posted:

Sutton turned himself in, apparently.

It's bonkers to me that this presumably wealthy dude who was avoiding police for the better part of a month after strangling his wife was released from jail on his own recognizance. This seems like the definition of flight risk.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

People getting their affairs in order before turning themselves in for a warrant isn't that outlandish.

It's not like there was a manhunt. Or proof that he already tried to leave the country or whatever

It's literally just been like a little over a week since the warrant

Really not worth turning into a law and order dork denying bail over one week of not turning themselves in after leaving Detroit.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
also he was only charged with a misdemeanor

he'll be a raider or bengal next season

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Dan Campbell looks like he is a bounty hunter on the weekends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
https://www.twincities.com/2024/04/02/vikings-suspend-offensive-coordinator-wes-phillips-for-his-arrest-in-december/

The most embarrasing part...

quote:

After notifying head coach Kevin O’Connell of his arrest, Phillips was allowed to serve in his role on Dec. 10 when the Vikings earned a 3-0 win over the Las Vegas Raiders on the road.