Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wollawolla
Jan 15, 2007

Are you gonna smash my skull and breathe my blood-mist?
It would be an awful situation, but after the contact restructures they’ve done already, I think the Packers have the cap space to just sit on it if they don’t feel like they’re getting the compensation they want. That and the expectations of New York fans who have been told they’re getting a QB are all of the leverage the Packers have.

I don’t want to imagine a world where Gutey makes them start Love over his very expensive and disgruntled backup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wollawolla
Jan 15, 2007

adaz posted:

Also per OTC if they wait till after june 1st I think they save $15 mil in dead money / cap hits soooo

I’m fairly certain GB would much rather have ‘23 picks than ‘24 picks. Presumably this year’s first is going to be better than next year’s Jets pick. This probably gets done before the draft.

Wollawolla
Jan 15, 2007

Any reasonable offer to Lamar is just going to get matched by Baltimore, and any unreasonable offers are going to include a huge amount of guaranteed money. More money than anyone is actually willing to give him given his injury history. Rodgers’ contract, especially with the Packers still eating a sizable cap hit, leaves you on the hook for a lot less. Some teams are willing to give up multiple high draft picks to make good on a shrinking window of success, just look at the Rams.

Wollawolla
Jan 15, 2007

Chark is now only 1 Cincinnati away from completing the cat team cycle.

Wollawolla
Jan 15, 2007

Being able to just set cruise in a direction and drive until you need to refuel is almost therapeutic if you only need to do it in small doses.

Wollawolla
Jan 15, 2007

It’s possible the Jets suck, but the additional wild card spot has got teams in mathematical contention a bit later into the season than they used to be. Even at 4-8, last year’s Packers still had a chance, and Rodgers wanted to keep playing as long as they did. The Jets gave up enough for him that I don’t think they’ll punt it if they start slow.

Wollawolla
Jan 15, 2007

Leave that to the Lions’ WR room.

Wollawolla
Jan 15, 2007

I hate this.

Wollawolla
Jan 15, 2007

He didn’t drop much against the Badgers.

Wollawolla
Jan 15, 2007

Dr. Lunchables posted:

That waters gotta be loving cold

Water temps are like high 40s this time of year out on the lake, so yeah it’s really loving cold.

Wollawolla
Jan 15, 2007

If you really want to stick it to Green Bay, put your money where your mouth is and build the stadium in Kenosha. Or buy out and demolish the Mount Pleasant Foxconn building.

Wollawolla
Jan 15, 2007

We don’t deserve a title

Wollawolla
Jan 15, 2007

Anders Carlson is not very good.

Wollawolla
Jan 15, 2007

Bird in a Blender posted:

I’m going to make a super bold prediction and say Love will end up being average, which may actually be the worst outcome. Packers won’t win many playoff games, but he also won’t suck enough that everyone knows they can just cut him and start over.

Rodgers went 6-10 his first year as starter. Any outcome for the Packers this year that includes Jordan Love passing the eyeball test is basically fine. The young guys will still drop a lot of passes because they’re young, Love will throw more picks than Rodgers because he isn’t Rodgers, all of that can still be fine if he’s playing well within the system and not making bad reads and throws.

Wollawolla
Jan 15, 2007

Rodgers looked uncharacteristically awful into the blitz last season as well. That’s as much on the WRs since he was without Adams as his safety valve as it was anything else.

Wollawolla
Jan 15, 2007

DJ Moore is great but it’s going to be supremely difficult to win games with that offensive line.

Wollawolla
Jan 15, 2007

Musgrave has probably the 2nd best straight line speed on the team behind Watson. Ball was still overthrown but he has a shot if he doesn’t slow down and turn his hips out of the sprint.

Wollawolla
Jan 15, 2007

SKULL.GIF posted:

I really wonder what's going to happen with him. He genuinely loves Green Bay (and Door County more than GB really) but I doubt the Packers are giving him a second contract. Does he uproot for his next team, or does he just play out his next couple contracts before retiring here?

The latter. He’s married into a family that has a bunch of money in real estate in the area, so he’ll probably retire here.

I wouldn’t mind keeping him on a cheap deal if he stops dropping easy checkdown passes.

Wollawolla
Jan 15, 2007

Obviously, they should have given up more to get Bakhtiari as well and this could have been avoided.

Wollawolla
Jan 15, 2007

I like everything I've seen from Jordan Love's arm, and he seems to make good decisions with where he's throwing the football. I'm excited to see how he looks with his #1 receiver active again. I'll hold off on anointing him until I see how he performs in a must-win 2 minute drill situation, and I'm still nervous about the fumbled exchanges with center and how that's going to go in bad weather.

Wollawolla
Jan 15, 2007

Bijan Robinson looked like Adrian Peterson incarnate against this defense.

Wollawolla
Jan 15, 2007

https://twitter.com/robdemovsky/status/1703867447655416087

This will probably be a recurring theme this season.

Wollawolla fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Sep 19, 2023

Wollawolla
Jan 15, 2007

Best to use both 1sts on quarterbacks just to be safe.

Wollawolla
Jan 15, 2007

Just missing our best players in five position groups is all.

Wollawolla
Jan 15, 2007

trevorreznik posted:

What is plug coverage? Or lookie?

Lookie is like an option route that will change what the receiver runs based on the defensive look and the leverage of the defender. Plug coverage is zone defense in the passing lanes.

Wollawolla
Jan 15, 2007

Yo, we suck now.

Wollawolla
Jan 15, 2007

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

He’s had three full years. It ain’t happening.

1st round pick plus three years to develop and learn, and Brock “Mr Irrelevant” Purdy waltzes in and becomes a world beater his first year.

Brock has some of the very best skill position players in the league at every position to work with. Love has got an injured Aaron Jones, no receiver with more than a year of experience, and some really uninspiring offensive line play. All that said he still looks like poo poo.

Wollawolla
Jan 15, 2007

Pops Mgee posted:

I still think LaFleur is the problem, not Love.

And I think Ben Johnson would look pretty good in Green and Yellow.

Wollawolla
Jan 15, 2007

Imagine if we traded all of this mediocre first round defensive talent for offensive talent. We'd still have the worst loving defense in the league but at least we'd be entertaining.

Wollawolla
Jan 15, 2007

The plan to get the entire front office fired is all coming together.

Wollawolla
Jan 15, 2007

Tragically born without a deep ball.

Wollawolla
Jan 15, 2007

Hot Diggity! posted:

Really don't like that Musgrave has been concussed twice

That game gave me a concussion too

Wollawolla
Jan 15, 2007

SKULL.GIF posted:

Troubling. Will look into

For what it’s worth, I thought the line looked better with Tom under center and Nijman at RT.

Wollawolla
Jan 15, 2007

I don't know why you're having potentially your starting corner who is coming off of the PUP list taking snaps with the kicking team at all. It just feels like a recipe for disaster, and it's hard to believe that there isn't enough depth to pull literally anybody else.

Wollawolla
Jan 15, 2007

It’s not inaccurate though, this team is dogshit

Wollawolla
Jan 15, 2007

Defense is actually fine, but it seems like they’re losing a step because they can’t stay stay off the field for more than 2 minutes.

Wollawolla
Jan 15, 2007

Love is just a lovely thrower of the football regardless of how long he’s spent learning the offense.

Wollawolla
Jan 15, 2007

SKULL.GIF posted:

It's very annoying that this offense looks so terrible in the first half and then shows flashes throughout the second half, every single game.

It’s because the coaching is bad. And also the players are bad.

Wollawolla
Jan 15, 2007

Doubs has the only good set of hands on this team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wollawolla
Jan 15, 2007

Send the Steelers a 5th or something for Trubisky. Who says no to that?