Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
My brain is in a weird spot. I just want the god drat draft to get here so I know what the Bears are doing trade wise. But I know nothing about college, so everyone they draft will be a mystery box to me.

I'm extremely impatient to learn nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
lol, that's exactly where I was with Jalen Carter (after a trade down to 4) up until a week ago.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

:hai:

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

surf rock posted:

I'm also predicting that Rodgers has a Favre-like trajectory with New York: he looks great for half of the season, picks up a bad injury, and then flops in the divisional round of the playoffs. He retires after two seasons with the Jets.

Close. He will sign with the Vikings, but then retire after getting injured in a car accident with Corey Wootton.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Edit:. ^^^GET THE gently caress OUT WITH THAT NEGATIVITY MISTER

I like that trade a lot. I am a happy Bears fan today.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Niwrad posted:

Velus Jones and DJ Moore are the same age.

:psyduck:

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
If Rodgers makes a decision it won't be announced today. God forbid getting overshadowed by free agency moves.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Good riddance. That fellow is a bad egg.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Niwrad posted:

Some of the stuff coming out on Jalen Carter hasn't been good. Sounds like he could fall pretty far and I'm not even sure the Bears should bother at #9 unless they're certain.

What else has dropped beyond the previously known charges?

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
It was a great trade and I get to be super excited about DJ Moore NOW rather than worried about the mystery box picks.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
I think this is a win for the Packers. But I also think Rodgers' 40 year old body is gonna dive off a cliff this year.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Timby posted:

It's always going to be a multi-year rebuild. Always has been.

I expect the Bears to top out in 2023 at maaaaybe 5 or 6 wins.

They will absolutely be better than that. I'm expecting around .500.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Dr. Lunchables posted:

I’m just gonna quote this for posterity.

I believe. I may be a sucker, but I believe.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
The Bears will win 8 games. A marked improvement, but still below .500.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Holy poo poo, Cook county almost makes it to the Fox river up there.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Sataere posted:

Da Bears

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
I need football to start again so I can funnel my anger and frustration into an on screen product instead of offseason training camp tweets.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
That game loving ruled and I'm so happy football is back.

Now please, for the love of god Bears, beat the Packers.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Niwrad posted:

Lions win even with the refs letting that tackle do whatever the gently caress he wanted all game.

The refs waiting until 4th and 20 at the dead rear end end of the game to finally call anything on him was a great punchline though.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

GNU Order posted:

both these lines fuckin stink

this is like a 6 win team

The line play being very poor is definitely the take away today so far.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

HootTheOwl posted:

loving Bears

I'm sad and I'm annoyed at myself for being sad.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
There isn't a QB in the league that would have had a good day behind that line.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

surf rock posted:

I couldn't watch the game today. Very happy about the scoreline, but I heard Love didn't look great.

He looked spotty in the first half, but was good in the second.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

How many seconds, on average, did Fields have to throw? Watching it live, I felt like he had plenty of time to throw but that he was actually just not very good at throwing it. Because he's bad.

What? Were we watching the same game?

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

trevorreznik posted:

I'm just happy that Floyd got revenge for being pump faked out of his shoes by Rodgers a few years back

Like Corey Wooton before him, only a Bear can seal the darkness.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

This was a nice breakdown, thanks for sharing. Everything looked so bad on Sunday that I think I was too kind to Fields. He really had a rough one out there. Everything about this offense needs to be more aggressive.

Edit: Claypool should absolutely be inactive for a least this week.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Sunday gave the distinct impression the Bears weren't very well coached, and everything I've heard and seen since has only reinforced that.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Niwrad posted:

The bigger question will be on Poles. If this looks directionless, might be best to write him off as a lemon and let the new President find his own guy.

I would prefer the new president have an edict that requires he keep Poles around for at least one more coaching hire, and the new coach should be required to hang onto Fields for at least one year.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Jen X posted:

I think Chase Claypool might be bad

He might be worse when he actually tries.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Scarabrae posted:

They still got those crazy guys on the chicago radio after game?

Alas, Doug and OB no longer helm the post game show. RIP Doug.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Why are the Bears?

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Sataere posted:

If this is just personal stuff, the Bears PR staff needs to be fired for letting this rampant speculation get out of hand.

If it's genuinely just health and family poo poo, then the caginess of the Bears about this situation is genuinely despicable. Cuz the way the org has acted is the primary driver of me thinking there must be something else going on here.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Niwrad posted:

That's how they operate. They call everything "personal reasons". Obviously, you can't invade someone's privacy, but they treat a death in the family to the media the same as kicking a player out of practice for insubordination. At some point, people are going to speculate.

It is entirely possible I am far too online.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
LOL, the attorney called into The Score right now.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

I wouldn’t have guessed that the Bears are historically worse than the Lions

Over the last tenish years it makes sense. Leaves the Lovie years out while capturing the John Fox, Marc Trestman, and Matt Eberflus years. Bad times.
Edit: There is exactly 1 winning season in that time frame.

fishing with the fam fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Sep 22, 2023

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
I didn't watch a second of today's game, and it sounds like I made the right choice. But you better believe I'm gonna watch every minute of next week's sewer fight. Burn it all down or whatever.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
I feel like the inclusion of Rick Venturi isn't even fair. Both of his stints were as interim HC. Flusy was actually hired and is this lovely.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Who stole half of that poor lad's shirt?? :ohdear:

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Dexo posted:

loving lmao

oh my god

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Q_res posted:

I don't know, I can't look at that game and think Fields is the problem there.

When it mattered he had a fumble 6 and a game sealing pick. Even when he plays well he finds a way to be bad.