Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Who the lions drafting? No way Carter is still around right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

His anime game was strong though, can't quantify that in pff stats.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

So, uh, who do the lions take now? Whether right or wrong, I think they pass on Carter if he's still available. They go edge, dl, or corner?

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

If the Claypool has some potential I think it's fair to give him at least one offseason to work with a young QB that had a line consisting of "thoughts and prayers" scrawled in feces on wet cardboard to protect him before calling it a bad trade. Seems pretty difficult to make something happen when the guy throwing you the ball is running for his life every play, and you aren't going to have built up that chemistry to know each other's tendencies when poo poo hits the fan to bail out of busted plays.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

If you take that stance you're going to be proven right way more often than you're wrong though.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Here's hoping Aaron Glenn can coach this talent and Goff doesn't turn into a pumpkin again.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Not trusting that crazy eyed gently caress on the Texans is probably a good call.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

So does Carter drop to the Lions? Do they take him if so? That pro day makes me think they try to trade down if he's available. Also, if for some reason Richardson is still there at 6, you hop on that? I don't think they will be picking this high again for a while.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

If 4 QBs go in 5 picks, how is that 5th not Anderson?

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

That shirt is loving sick

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

I don't see them taking a TE with the later round 1 pick. It's not a position they seem to care much about and from what I understand that's one of the few positions this draft is deep on.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

BAH GAWD THAT'S CALVIN JOHNSON'S MUSIC!

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

I don't see them taking at shot at Lamar, they had something like a top 5 overall unit last year. Seems like a pretty large diversion from Holmes' team building philosophy right when that looks to be ready to pay dividends with on field success. I'm not ruling out at QB at 6 depending on how the top end shakes out though. If you're trying to build a perennial contender you want a good QB on a rookie deal.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Right and outside of those 3 I think you wait until the 2nd-3rd round and take a shot on a developmental QB. If Carter somehow drops I think you take him, if not, I'd see what the value is for a trade back and try to pick up a combo of DL, corner, and maybe TE depending on what's available and when.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Is there a high(ish) floor QB that would still be around by the second round? I could see them going in that direction if they don't think The Guy is there at 6. The draft being deep at every position listed as a need of theirs combined with a high pick seems like the best time to take a swing on your future QB. If you whiff, you still have 2 more years of Goff at least, and it's not even their own pick that's this high, so they aren't likely to be drafting here in the near future. I'd love to see a monster D line terrorizing opposing offenses though, that's more fun to me than seeing deep bombs.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Gonz posted:

Of course, if it ever gets to the point where Nate Sudfeld is playing QB, the season is already over with.

"Sudfeld Starts, Season Washed." The headlines write themselves. I think I'm sold on Tyree Wilson at 6 if Carter isn't there, or if he is and Holmes says nah. I think he's earned the trust at this point.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Can't say anything about the tour, but an upscale pizza place called Young Joni was really good when I was there, and I'd definitely recommend it.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Option C has me chuckling like an idiot.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

If you don't send a helicopter to find your off the grid QB like in that Mission Impossible movie, do you even care?

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Sounds like they want Carter to drop to 6.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

That Patricia and Quinn, I'm beginning to think they weren't very good at their jobs.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

I was hearing (podcast or something) that he's the one that's been resistant to safety. I agree, keeping Slay on just for the benefit of teaching a young corner would have done a lot of good. I think the secondary they put together can still do a lot for his development, but I don't know if it'll be enough to convince them to pick up the 5th year option.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

I write a small paper every week on implementation of culture change for organizations, and it's wild to see the Lions of all loving teams hitting the important steps to maximize your chances of it being successful.

Jets gotta be the pick with Rodgers. If that deal blows up, Bears it up.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Holmes: "We're putting a team together." Free agency: "You sonofabitch, I'm in."

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

They should trade for Slay and Diggs too. I'm waiting for them to announce pencil dick has joined the team in some capacity - put him in a time out seat and show him how to properly run a team.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Lol saw some article about "the script" being leaked for next year's superbowl, and it's the lions beating the chiefs. I'm for it.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

More guaranteed wins baby let's gooo (don't @ me when the wheels fall off)

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Holmes already said that he needed to put a better QB room together behind Goff, and bringing in Rodgers would make him a man of his word. Plus it would be loving hilarious.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

I think he could have done better than a 5th based on upside alone, but probably wanted the matter settled so they could move forward. I don't know if a 5th was worth more than just keeping him on the team this year though.

Parallelwoody fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Apr 11, 2023

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

I just left the Ozarks in Missouri, can confirm almost everything in the state sucks hot poo poo.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

What do you mean poor Slay? Dude's a top tier corner on a team that made the superbowl, and the last time he had to deal with Sexual Assault Patricia was as a head coach. The guy is now a "senior defensive assistant." Imagine hating your boss, leaving and seeing your former workplace tank, and a couple years later he gets hired at your successful workplace demoted several ranks.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Oh no, I get the spite part. What I'm saying is you now get to lord it over that shithead at every opportunity.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

They should. So he can come win the superbowl with the lions.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

That feels like the starting point of a negotiation number and they would reduce based on Jamo being very apologetic and saying it's wrong, but let's be clear here it's total bullshit, as many have pointed out.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

I'm not sold on cancey. From what I understand he had a lot of missed assignments? Not that I watched, just what I heard on a podcast about possible targets.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

If it goes 3 qbs in the top 5, Anderson and Carter off the board, I think the Lions go Witherspoon if they can't trade down a few spots.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

I wanted Van Ness on the Lions.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

I'll trust Holmes but he ain't making it easy with this one.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

It's only a dunk if he ends up being right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Yeah I mean I don't mind them taking a RB in the first, but it seems like the RB they took would have still been available later, on top of the fact they seem pretty set at RB. Guess that's my hang up here but all said and done I'll trust Holmes more than my own rear end for sure. 100% would trust myself over, like, the previous past 20 years of the Lions braintrust too.