Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Both my daughters wanted to watch the game so the Taylor Swift thing worked. They got pretty invested too.

Mahomes is this generation's Brady. The people look for an Eli. Who is he? Where is he? The answer is Jared 2-0 Goff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Dexo posted:

Who should the Lions be targeting, what are their needs, do you have any darlings in the draft who you think would be a perfect fit?

I don't know where he ends up falling in the draft but I'd be happy if the Lions got Jackson Powers-Johnson. Cool name, sounds like an absolute unit in the trenches.

Put him at guard and groom him for center when Frank needs rest/retires.

I want to see what they do with free agency to see how hard I'd like them to go into the edge/secondary of the draft. Holmes is going to end up drafting some position I didn't expect anyways, so I won't get to worked up, so long as he keeps finding players.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
The 2nd overall, 2nd round and another first rounder is terrible for the first overall.

I wonder if the basketball guys would do it.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
It would be the best gift the bears could give him

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Schefter is saying Swift is doing 3yr 24.5 with the bears.

Don't think that's a good move by the bears imo

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Good signing. A big need

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
A homeless man told Virginia to draft JJ

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I would think they could just keep doing a podcast

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I like the new unis. Glad there is no black in the blue and white ones.

The black with the blue pants is pretty cool.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Love the turn over on the secondary by Holmes. Have to see how they play together, but its much improved.

Did not expect Arnold to fall that much that Holmes could trade up, but I had a feeling Brad might trade up to get a guy they love with a first round grade.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Holmes drafts are always fun. Four drafts now and I really have no idea what to expect. He moves up and down the board, takes guys earlier than consensus and then grabs guys that fall.

His body of work says he's one of the best in the business at it. I'm curious how the British Columbian Uni lineman pans out, because they paid a lot for him and he probably won't play this year, so people are going to question it. Hope Fraley can work his magic because his measurables and athleticism are ridiculous. I'm also curious how Fipps will use that safety/rb/special teamer they got. The new ST rules could turn him into a real weapon.

I'm also surprised Mahogany fell that far. Maybe his medicals scared teams off, otherwise that one could make some other teams look stupid.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Parallelwoody posted:

Wondering what the timeline is for Brodric's development.

He was drafted as a project, but if he can't get in the rotation this year then that's a red flag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

MJeff posted:

Yeah it's great how everybody sucked out loud the entire time the Packers were on top and then the Lions were good for one year and everybody decides to start trying. :geno:

Well the packers didn't have to try. They could count on the Lions and one of the Bears and Vikings (or both) being trash every year.

So its not a surprise that these franchises woke up when the Lions did.