Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Jamaal :(

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
NFC North 2023: Top 10 Anime Betrayals

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

This was the day that I learned why the Irish flag looks the way it does.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Gonz posted:

brb gonna go buy this

TFW you let Jamaal Williams walk :(

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
A bit surprised that the Raiders are that high after how the last 20 years have gone for that franchise.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Now this I can get into!

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
I thought Okudah had turned things around a bit in the back half of last season. Who am I actually thinking of?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Well this loving sucks, what the gently caress

E: in reference to the suspensions and the posting

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Feels a bit like the Lions FO got spooked by Robinson and Witherspoon both going so high, after they had kept getting mocked to Detroit. Not gonna poo poo my pants over the picks until they start playing though.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
The Lions -> Eagles pipeline remains strong. Happy trails bud.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
I do find it funny that, after having its best collective rushing season since before 9/11, both starting RBs for Detroit are gone.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Not so fun dealing with QB uncertainty huh Packers fans

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Honestly, over a decade removed from that game I can't really be mad at him. That was his one chance to earn a big payday and he couldn't have capitalized on it any better. We should all be so lucky to have that chance.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

If "I paid for Twitter Blue" was a style.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
I believe that 9/11 is a day of the year, yes.

SKULL.GIF posted:

The Lions revamping their culture has been an unambiguous positive for the team, suddenly changing it around to go "What about the playoff win?!" is moving the goalpost.

My great fear of the Holmes + Campbell era is that it becomes a repeat of the Mayhew + Schwartz era. There are some broad parallels between the two (GM and coach brought in together, terrible first 1.5 seasons, early boost from a can't-miss D-lineman drafted second overall) and Schwartz was hailed at the time for bringing "culture" back to Detroit before it started to peter out after year 3. Improving the culture isn't enough but it's a good start, and I get a vague impression that this team likes their coach a little more than those early '10s teams (could also be forgetting the team vibe a decade ago)

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Oh I think Schwartz and Campbell are appreciably different people, I just think that their careers with the Lions through two seasons are hitting a few similar beats. Which would mean playoffs for Detroit this upcoming season, I don't hate that :v:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Amy Pole Her posted:

Excited as hell to watch this Detroit team in action. They’re impossible not to like (from outside the division of course)

I implore you to not place any emotional investment into the Detroit Lions until they prove that they deserve it.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Pontius Pilate posted:

Were? Are they gone now? I haven’t been in a bit but I can’t imagine replacing said historic troughs with urinals would help with capacity. And the History.

Pisstory :eng101:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Hot Diggity! posted:

Being outside is good and good for you.

Yes

Hot Diggity! posted:

Cold weather rocks.

Eh. In moderation.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

MoaM posted:

Lions are going to embarrass themselves for five games straight right?

I don't remember when their bye is but they will be sub-.500 going into it.

Said it in the main N/V thread but Vegas is going to really dial back their odds after they lose to KC in week 1, and anyone patient enough to place money on them after that will make a tidy profit from it. No I don't know how sports betting works but you get what I mean.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

trevorreznik posted:

They're gonna have a 7 game winning streak then lose to the Vikings and miss the playoffs

Oh man, this is it. It'll be for the division and be one of those setups where the Lions are out only if they lose to the Vikings and X also happens, and X will def happen.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Dexo posted:

https://twitter.com/startkyIeorton/status/1669513991503093761

There is a rant about Rex Grossman in this podcast that is so so powerful, that it is like a religious experience.

Also an argument for J`Marcus Webb being the worst offensive tackle of all time.

If you hate some Bad Bears players, these podcasts have been amazing.

Timestamp on the Grossman bit?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Dexo posted:

Rex vs Trubisky starts at like 54 minutes.

The Rex Rant starts around 58 minutes

JGdmn posted:

Rexy starts at 62 minutes.

I listened to that for far longer than I thought I would.

Woof, I almost feel sorry for y'all.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

This is exactly how the auto company was run forever as well and Jesus Christ it was a poo poo show

Long-absent Lions poster Neodoomium once posited that the Fords bought the Lions in the 60s specifically to distract WCF from the car company so he couldn't gently caress the latter up. Mission accomplished I guess.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Danny LaFever posted:

Giants beat writer said the lions beat the giants silly on both sides of the ball.

Hutchinson sounds like he's reached the next level.

Are you sure they weren't just watching last year's game? :v:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

ZombieCrew posted:

I dont quite understand how pff works or what pff stands for.

It's the noise that I make whenever someone tries to talk to me about their statistics.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

WoodrowSkillson posted:

excited to start the season off right with a loss

There are a few important Chiefs who are out or potentially out, which will make it all the more heartbreaking when they lose. That said I do think Detroit will finish with a winning record again, but there's gonna be a lot of haters and losers jumping off the bandwagon after tomorrow night.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Not going to read too much into last night's game, but drat is it sweet to come out that game with a win. What is this team that wins consecutive* road primetime games?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Bumhead posted:

The entire organisation must be BUZZING.

I know people have been talking up the Lions for a bit but what a way to set up your season by winning in Arrowhead. It feels like a genuine transition between last seasons pat on the head and whatever the team can go and do for itself this year.

I can't stop listening to postgame analyses of the game, I know it's too soon to get too hyped up but it's so awesome hearing people say nice things about my favorite NFL team.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

WoodrowSkillson posted:

It has happened before, it will happen again. "this time its different" has been said many many times.

I'll admit to feeling like the Dan Campbell regime is playing out the broad strokes of the Jim Schwartz regime in a way that I'm not entirely comfortable with. I guess we'll know for sure when he [checks notes] beats up John Harbaugh after the Ravens game week 7.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
That whole conversation went in one ear and out the other, but is this really Justin Fields' third year in the league? I could have sworn he was a rookie last year.

I would too, imagine picking off the reigning champion and MVP for points in your first NFL game. It's like JaMo's very first catch last season being a TD.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

I will go to my grave convinced that this would have happened to Rodgers yesterday had he still been playing for the Packers.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

SKULL.GIF posted:

Two divisional opponents just played each other and one of them looks like a disaster in the making, no shock there's going to be a lot of discussion about that particular team as half the thread can weigh in.

When the Vikings and Lions play each other we'll probably have a bunch of pages talking about one of them.

They don't play each other until week 15 lol

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

MacheteZombie posted:

Lol what whack rear end scheduling is that

And then they play again in week 17!

5/6 of Detroit's divisional games are after their week 9 bye, I'm a little nervous about that.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Cleveland has a more-recent pro sports championship than Detroit!

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

MoaM posted:

Lol, NFC North.

0-4... was not expecting Packers and Lions to lose tbh

Seattle has given the Lions fits the last three seasons, not a great spot to be in. It cost them a WC slot last year and there's a non-zero chance it happens again this year.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

CharlestheHammer posted:

Okay it’s fun to clown in the Lions but it is just a week 2 game. It actually isn’t that big a deal

Yeah, I'm not going to get too worked up over an OT loss that involved a -3 turnover differential. Detroit had some good breaks in week 1 and some bad ones in week 2, and that's football baby. The big takeaway from yesterday is that it was almost certainly too early for CJGJ to claim league villain status for the team, let's win a couple more games first. Also pretty sad about Goff's pick-free streak coming to an end.

I will say that I'm suddenly not too thrilled about playing Atlanta next week. And then @GB the following week!

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

lol, fooled me even knowing that it was a hand-off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

CharlestheHammer posted:

Fields is one 30 point loss from declaring himself the brother of Jesus

Justin "Hong Xiuquan" Fields