Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

gently caress Matt Patricia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Gonz posted:

I love how the AI put MuscleCoach in a fuckin’ straitjacket.

I certainly didn’t put that in the prompt.

Now ask it to do Dan Campbell instead of Conor McGregor

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Dexo posted:

If the Bears can pick up a good edge and a good 3tech, it moves the other players like gipson back into a role where they aren't getting focused on.

https://twitter.com/Johnathan_Wood1/status/1628009556558184448

This is an AI post, Trevis Gipson is a made-up-rear end name

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Gonz posted:

I’ve spent 3+ decades of watching the Lions get obliterated by the Packers after they lucked into having back to back HOF quarterbacks.

All I want is for Rodgers to piss off to the AFC and for Jordan Love to be a wildly mediocre option for Green Bay at QB.

I want this more than anything.

No way man, I want him to stay and leave the Packers in uncomfortable QB limbo for the next several years, while the Lions whup him so bad he demands they fire everyone in the building named Joseph

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

I really don't know, Goff played this well to close out the season, and the NFL's a cutthroat league, but I don't know if you can tell your QB "Hey man, you were so good last year that we're pretty sure you can't keep up this level of play next season, so we're gonna toss you into the street". It's a move you'd make in Madden but it might affect your team chemistry or how free agents see you as a destination.

I don't know how to square what the Lions have been building, and talk about continuing to build, with changing quarterbacks. And with the draft picks involved it's not just is this team better with Lamar or Goff, it's is this team better with Lamar or Goff and the #1 corner and like the #3 DT in this year's class.

Why couldn't he have just sucked rear end like he was supposed to and made this decision a lot easier???

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

https://twitter.com/colton_pouncy/status/1634209641004400643

A third and a fifth should do it, if his team is run by assholes and morons

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Has it ever happened in the NFL where players take less than they could get elsewhere for rings? Iirc that’s how the Wings had such an all star team in like… 2002 or 2004 when we had Hašek

Tom Brady did it for 20 years, on paper

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

I think the last time the Lions swung on a FA corner was Justin Coleman, who had like 1.5 good games and then turned into the worst DB in the league

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

NOT NOW, BILL

https://twitter.com/billbarnwell/status/1635817760608460802

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Just a quick reminder that you can do something nice for yourself right now, and find out all the details on whatever Rodgers and McAfee were blabbing about from whatever diggers you follow in an hour or two. They're getting paid to follow this garbage and you aren't.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Prove to who? You?

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Go get 'em buddy :unsmith:

e: Lions play @Saints this season

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Not really!

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1636142974164692995

Are Montgomery's next 3 years really going to be 50% more valuable than his?

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Danny LaFever posted:

Same

I'm also wondering what Holmes is doing with backup QB. He said he needs to do better here. Cooper Rush signed a good deal with Dallas and would have been nice.

Probably they'll just draft one at this point. I've seen some mocks where they take Hendon Hooker at 55.

tinstaach fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Mar 18, 2023

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

It would be funny, on-brand, and absolutely heartbreaking if GMBH and MCDC build a respectable defense in Detroit only for Goff to turn back into 2019-21 Jared Goff

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Gonz posted:

Don’t you put that evil on me, tinstaach!

I don't want it either! But I told myself I wouldn't be optimistic about the Lions again until they won a playoff game, and I feel like they're doing everything in their power to break me again so I have to temper my expectations

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Wollawolla posted:

Chark is now only 1 Cincinnati away from completing the cat team cycle.

If the Panthers sign Marvin Jones too he'll beat Chark to it

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

https://twitter.com/DetroitOnLion/status/1640809478525276193

Come on Dan! If you're going to be coy like this, at least have the decency to come to my house and beat me into unconsciousness for the next 30 days.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Hello! I think they should trade it to the Lions for pick #194. Thanks

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

I'm still so thrown by that Carolina game, the homer in me really wants to discard it due to the freezing cold weather but unless they go and win the 1 seed, that's playoff weather and you need to be prepared for it.

I went to PFF to find all the RBs with 100-yard games against the Lions after their bye, and I only found three who even got to 75:

83 - Tony Pollard, Week 7
165 - D'Onta Foreman, Week 16
125 - Chuba Hubbard, also Week 16

(yes, I did specify RBs to avoid including Josh Allen and Justin Fields twice)

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

If 4 QBs come off the board and I'm sitting there at 6 with my choice of [Wilson/Anderson]/Carter/Witherspoon/Gonzalez, trading back a few spots would be my first choice, because I haven't interviewed any of these guys and my opinion of them is 90% copy-pasted from whatever some draftniks have been writing and 10% Twitter highlight reels, and it's not my job to think about how those specific humans would fit into the short- and long-term personnel plans of the Detroit Lions. I imagine Holmes & Co. know who Their Guy is, though, and if he's there at 6 they'll pick him and not think twice.

Acebuckeye13 posted:

On the other hand, Brad Holmes is the kind of GM that isn't going to simply sit and wait for a guy to fall to him - if he sees a special talent is available and the cost is reasonable, he will pull the trigger (see: Jamo last year). Wherever else happens, I am certain he Lions are going to trade up at least once.

It seems like drinking the Kool-Aid too much to say there is basically nothing they can do that I wouldn't be excited about, but it's kind of true. If they trade back to get some extra capital next year, cool! If they move up to get a guy that really fits, cool! If they don't do anything and get four starters in the first 50 picks, cool!

But I would be over the moon if they did something like draft Carter at 6 and move up a few spots from 18 to get Witherspoon.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

I guess Jamo's playing all 12 quarters this preseason

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

It Is Tom Time, Everyone. It's Time For Tom.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

CharlestheHammer posted:

Honestly thought he would be openly bitter

"Packers Nation, you're like family to me"

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Comfortador posted:

Lions fans. Long term. Help. Everything Holmes has done made some sort of sense and it has given me promise. Nothing here makes sense.

if the picks end up being good it will be a good draft, if they end up bad it will be a bad draft. it will be interesting to see what will happen

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Four trades in two rounds and picking dudes like they're reading their draft board upside down, this Lions draft is so chaotic that I simply must respect it

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

here's that moment on video:

https://twitter.com/nickbaumgardner/status/1651767017911853056

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Yeah I guess you can sign international players to your practice squad without them taking up a roster spot. The Lions got a decathlete/AFL player from Australia who's listed as a TE despite also being listed as 220 pounds. Get some good old American HFCS into this boy!

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

About three months ago, for a little while after they released Michael Brockers, the oldest rostered player on the Lions was 29.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

HootTheOwl posted:

Wasn't he the guy who said "yeah I sucked the first half of the season because I wasn't listening to coaches and then I did and my game turned around"

yeah

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

https://twitter.com/colton_pouncy/status/1662107388487299072

I guess all the reporters know who it is, and it's not like St. Brown or Sewell

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

I'm imagining the crowd pop in KC when the Chiefs are about to receive the kickoff with two minutes left, down by 4, and Pat Mahomes grabs 100k banded up and slams it down in the opposing end zone.

And then James Houston sacks him on fourth down and runs the length of the field to collect it.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

My Packers fan reference is a co-worker who told me before their playoff game in 2013, when they rematched the 49ers after Clay Matthews put a late hit on Colin Kaepernick in their regular season game, that she hoped Matthews would break Kaep's leg this time

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Dexo posted:

https://twitter.com/NFLNotify/status/1664620378352918529

4k passing season inc

*Is not gonna consider that he is doing this against first and second year CBs in practice as JJ is not at OTAs*

I remember all the reports out of 2021 training camp about Jared Goff's offense shredding the 1s on defense and thinking hey, they might have something here. Nope, turned out the offense was just mediocre and the defense was the worst in the league

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

I'm not super jazzed about the reports out of Lions camp about "everyone's excited to see what they can do with all 5 OL starters healthy" right next the to the reports of "Frank Ragnow is load managing his toe, which is so hosed up at this point that not even surgery can fix it"

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Justin Fields behind the Detroit O-line would be a monster. I'm talking 2500 yards passing easily, maybe even cracking 3000 if everything breaks the right way.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

The Lions dropped their alternate helmets:

https://twitter.com/Lions/status/1671548782738132994

Hood ornament logo is cool! On an all-blue helmet is...less cool.

e: apparently they're only going to wear them with the grey colour rush uniforms, maybe the analytics team discovered you're harder to tackle if you're the worst-looking team in the league

tinstaach fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Jun 21, 2023

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Congratulations(?) Vikings fans(??)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2aQOZo3EQI

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

yes, a story about Matt Millen having a correct read on an NFL draft prospect is unbelievable and wild to me also

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

https://twitter.com/kmeinke/status/1683845850462576642

whole league gonna get amon-ra st.clowned this year

in before "I could probably get at least 3 out of 10 against the Lions D"