Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Lions bitch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Cognac McCarthy posted:

It's kinda weird how few teams are named after entire states instead of specific cities. That would make it a lot less obvious when new stadiums get built way out in the suburbs, or in the case of the 49ers, entirely different cities altogether

City is just tradition really. Minnesota teams are an outlier because of the Twin Cities.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Jamaal is the soul of the team. He’s a limited player but I think the ripple effect from letting him walk would be bad.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/Vikings/status/1634604808320557056?t=q6w7jYRyjj6_eOk3D279nw&s=19

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/christomasson/status/1635494903185567745?s=61&t=N2RxjCcZEoNL3LJNhAQ0dg

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Just hope this doesn't gently caress up the vibes too much

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I think it signals they're going front seven at 6. Maybe a guard or Bijan at 18.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

SKULL.GIF posted:

Maybe Jamaal wanted the guaranteed money? How much in guarantees did Montgomery get?

I think it was $11 million.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
PJ Fleck is extremely polarizing and alienates as many people as he attracts. Everyone seems to like DC.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Who’s the lowest percentage of the Super Bowl Era to win one? I would guess the Jets.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Niwrad posted:

I still can't figure out how Fields fell that far. He was #2 for like over a year behind Lawrence. Then a few weeks before the draft he plummets. He had a great combine, great season, and looked terrific in the CFP. It made absolutely no sense why Zach Wilson or Trey Lance jumped him.

NFL offices love outsmarting themselves and the Ohio State QB perception was very real. You could argue race is a factor as well but then again there's Lance.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Kirk has the same views as basically every white football player and is just like every other goober from west Michigan whose values are instilled in them from infancy. Rodgers has the same beliefs but thinks he arrived at them from going on an odyssey of the mind and watching YouTube videos.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
To make it less regionally specific: They're two dudes that have never had an original thought but only one comes by it honestly

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
The Lions should have a parade if they win the division and then more parades for any subsequent playoff wins

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I had to check if Fontes is even alive.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

C-Euro posted:

I thought Okudah had turned things around a bit in the back half of last season. Who am I actually thinking of?

Jerry Jacobs maybe? Okudah was the one who started out good and then fell off.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Lady Radia posted:

for your consideration: your Michigan Wolverines

For half of us, Michigan being good makes things worse.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Getting on the disappointing season train early!

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Cephus also probably sexually assaulted someone in college. Don't need him.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Williams to the hall of fame confirmed
https://twitter.com/freep/status/1649465782089154560?t=WJEUsIyxy51RtMJAeePXRA&s=19

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Jameson Williams has yet to have a mental break causing him to believe he is better than Calvin Johnson and run terrible improv routes nor has he passed out at an On the Border so in the grand scheme of Lions WR picks he’s doing fine.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
And we just played the AFC East so we probably never have to see this man again.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
??????

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I’m not going to complain about any defensive help but am bummed Gonzalez was gone. Had a moment of terror when they showed Levis.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

xbilkis posted:

Even if you put positional value aside, I think the Lions would probably get a little less guff if they hadn't gone out in free agency and given Alex Anzalone and David Montgomery non-negligible contracts to play the positions you followed up by drafting in the first round

We still need LB help and Gibbs is the same type of player as Swift who is always injured and not coming back the next season.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Jayden Reed going to my most hated pro team is a top 10 anime betrayal

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

surf rock posted:

Oh wait, Jayden Reed was apparently a monster at Western Michigan before transferring to Michigan State.

GREG JENNINGS 2.0 IS HERE FUCKERS

He was more of a monster at MSU his junior year but then he got banged up and without Kenneth Walker to suck in defenses or Jalen Nailor on the other side of the field the Spartan offense fell apart.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
And getting Hendon Hooker out of it apparently.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
If nothing else improving your backup QB situation in the third ain't a bad idea.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Scipiotik posted:

The Lions have backed rear end backwards into a really good draft even by mock draft standards.

They conceivably could have gotten the same players in near reverse order lol

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
D'Andre is a cool player. Sucks it never quite worked out.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

fennesz posted:

Does anyone know what Swift did to get the Lions to hate him? Drafted his replacement at #12 and then traded him for nothing.

Got hurt all the time and was inconsistent when healthy. His potential as a pass catcher never got fully realized. But he had moments of brilliance.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

R.D. Mangles posted:

wisconsin loves a guy named "tucker"

Tucker + a cheese brand for a last name

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/MikeClayNFL/status/1652380136891731973?t=I6AUZP9_qmkp2RN1E-j2jA&s=19

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

SKULL.GIF posted:

I can't substantiate this at all but I feel like most children of pro athletes end up smaller than their fathers. Like it's always linebacker -> corner/safety and not the other way around.

Probably true but Cameron Heyward comes to mind as an exception (although his dad was huge for a running back).

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Really stupid Ringer article today about the Lions’ plan arguing among other things that they failed to get a star QB (all the ones with real upside were gone by the fourth pick) and that Penei Sewell is not an elite left tackle yet because of his pass blocking (he primarily plays right tackle).

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

ghosthorse posted:

stats guys are unhinged. also Detroit’s travelling more while hitting half as many time zones as Minnesota, not even getting to go anywhere new

First time in KC since 2003!

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Especially at the end of the season. Decent chance it would even be a wild card matchup right after.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Also the Tribune Tower shot at the very beginning of the show is of the Oakland Tribune. But it’s still really entertaining!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Everyone was outclassed by the Titans video anyway.