Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...
The Vikings likely won’t have a better record or luck this season but I’m here for the chaos. Let’s go NFCN friends

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

KJ is solid enough to be a wr2 to Jefferson at least for a season while you draft a rookie so I’m sure that’s a big part of looking at Thielen’s contract.

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

if they don’t get rodgers now that locker room is going to be intensely awkward

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

https://www.espn.com/blog/minnesota-vikings/post/_/id/32358/no-one-needs-cornerbacks-like-the-vikings-need-cornerbacks

the CB draft table in this article is pretty rough considering they are always and still are lacking depth at corner

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

Chris James 2 posted:

Kirk's deal is up after this year, ideally that's addressed with something sooner than then (and since their only other QB is Nick Mullens, no it's not been addressed)

that Barnwell draft trades article from upthread has the Vikings trading the 49ers Mullens for Trey Lance lol

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

Well the Vikes pick was a bit of a nice surprise. I was starting to worry with Levis still on the board they were about to do something really dumb. It’s pretty obvious that the front office is going to draft a QB next year and pay Jefferson a billion dollars so I’m happy with this “soft rebuild” they’ve been talking about.

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

with how I feel waking up on any given day I hope every nfl player is younger than me. nobody deserves to be taking tackles at like 37 or some poo poo

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

https://twitter.com/chicagobears/status/1374873691314618370?s=46&t=412mHfBtNaNoiY_Z498b9g

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

stats guys are unhinged. also Detroit’s travelling more while hitting half as many time zones as Minnesota, not even getting to go anywhere new

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

lions twice at the end of the year is going to be really rough

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

I won’t begrudge the Lions doing well but it’s too early to tell how many players they’ll start the season with if the betting keeps up.

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

Mattison szn

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

https://twitter.com/youshouldaffirm/status/1671609148687917063?s=46&t=412mHfBtNaNoiY_Z498b9g

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

So hype. Just started that quarterback show on netflix and it even managed to interest my wife. Now she knows how big a loving dork Cousins is.

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

:hmmyes: :sickos:

I can’t decide which would be better, Vikings (because five Super Bowl trips, zero rings) or Bears (because “I still own you!”)

No offence to Bears posters but a Jets/Bears super bowl probably means something drastically wrong happened to the rest of the league. Vikings too but slightly less wrong.

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

If the Jets open 0-6 Rodgers is going to be having screaming matches with the press during the bye

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

since he's chilling in free agency I've already seen one bad article with "Dalvin Cooked"

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

GNU Order posted:

I’m free

Jerk Cousins

that’ll get you kicked out of the family reunion

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

Say what you want about Kirk Cousins

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

the bigger horns would like great on the matte purple

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

Fields was like the 5th best QB in fantasy because of his rushing yards. They don't need touchdowns!*

*offer may not be good for real life football

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Is Kirk Cousins caked?

definitely not

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

every move the Vikings make seems like pushing the team’s collapse into next season

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

Dr. Lunchables posted:

I liked the first Secret Base Vikings episode. Liked it enough to recommend it to my Vikings fan buddy.

Anyway, gently caress Green Bay

It's off to a great start and can only get more insane. A meta-Vikings series.

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

I love training camp articles because of stuff like this:

quote:

Addison has been open so often in training camp, in fact, that it has been difficult to judge his aptitude for making contested catches

Certified no2 behind Jefferson or devastating indictment of the defense. Who is to say.

https://www.espn.com/blog/minnesota-vikings/post/_/id/32556/rookie-jordan-addison-thrives-in-vikings-camp-i-should-be-here

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

His sideline catch was beautiful and also very much in bounds.

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

lol at the replies to the cancellation. yes them not wanting to practice in bad weather is why they won’t win the super bowl this year you figured it out twitter guy

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

often when those incomprehensible offense/defense graphs are posted I nod along sagely and mutter “yesss” and do not understand what they’re saying

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

don’t understand how a team can end a season where 99% of its offense was generated by a single player and instead of focusing on everything else are worried about that dude’s backup

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

Hot Diggity! posted:

Vikings will probably eclipse it soon if they can keep Jefferson, but still.

They loving better. I don’t want to experience another “we lost our star receiver but we kept Kirk!”

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

lmao they dropped that a month after the draft the onion never misses

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

I don't think it's fair to compare a defense against Mahomes, he's "that poo poo should not have worked" personified on top of the skill and talent. If the Lions defense actually looks good against him then they'll take the north

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

https://twitter.com/Schultz_Report/status/1699900543626358903?s=20

and no Jones? Lions watch intensifies

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

Campbell still Campbell that punt fake loving ruled

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

Darth Brooks posted:

Man, Addison is going to be good but I'd trade him for a decent interior O-line.

Everyone was worried about the defense but the offense made them look great. Kirk isn’t going to last the season at that rate

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

I was going to say the Vikings defense didn’t look as awful last week as it did all last season. And then I thought no that’s just against how bad it was previously and their offense having a bad game better wait and see.

But good god the defense looks so much better than the offense so far why do they never have an o line.

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

The Vikings defense actually got third down stops and held off touchdowns after the turnovers in the first half. Last year’s defense didn’t do that. Not a high bar but they do look better.

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

From the little of that game I saw there were multiple examples of plays with routes like that

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

MJeff posted:

Okay, Bears, I have a new idea.

Trade Fields and two first round picks for Stafford.

Trust me on this, I've seen it work before.

no one should wish the Bear’s offense on Stafford

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

Yeah I don’t get writing off the Vikings because they’ve made mistakes but also had some bright spots in both losses. And Flores seems to be keeping them in games with what everyone agreed was a defense full of holes. This weekend feels like between the Vikings and Chargers one of them is losing out the season and the other will do just ok and that game will decide which team is which. I’d be more concerned if they lose to the Chargers than I am currently. But whatever, last season was too fun to be sad about this one.