Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

xbilkis posted:

Da Bears

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Gonz posted:

Lamar behind THAT O-line, with Sun God and Jameson Williams would be absolutely demonic.

But I don’t know if their cap situation would permit it at this time.

In a league where you've seen the Saints for years, I don't know how you could still worry about the cap. Ever

If they can make it work, you can

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I'll believe Satan is real if the Packers go from Favre to Rodgers to Lamar

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

HootTheOwl posted:

Is Detroit considered a bigger or smaller market than Baltimore?

I could see them getting hurt and a non-call roughing getting rules changed in favor of Running QB longevity.

Bigger

https://ustvdb.com/markets/baltimore/

quote:

The Baltimore, MD designated market area (DMA) is a U.S. television market serving the people in the state of Maryland. It is the 28th biggest media market by size in the United States, with a total population of 1,149,480 TV households as of the 2022-2023 television season.
https://ustvdb.com/markets/detroit/

quote:

The Detroit, MI designated market area (DMA) is a U.S. television market serving the people in the state of Michigan. It is the 14th biggest media market by size in the United States, with a total population of 1,937,250 TV households as of the 2022-2023 television season, up +1% from that of the 2021-2022 season.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Pops Mgee posted:

Bob Mcginn says the Packers are done with Rodgers which would be cool, but I’m pretty sure he’s full of poo poo so :shrug:

https://twitter.com/BoyGreen25/status/1633568030465589248

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

If you try it and it works it’s the right call and your team gets its best chance at a playoff win in your lifetime, if you try it and it doesn’t you merely hosed up on the best chance to capitalize on a division no longer dominated by a Packers-employed HOF QB for the first time in your lifetime, and if you don’t try it you’re a coward

What’s important is, either way it’ll be funny

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Mar 9, 2023

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Gonz posted:

Draft Diet Lamar Jackson.

Draft....Malik Cunningham.

In the 6th round.

Draft Hooker, I'm sure we can get some good tweet puns when he's able to play again in 2024

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Gonz posted:

Vikings gonna look very different next season.

Whole division feels like it will

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

That Arlington Heights stadium better have a Lovie statue nearby

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

They were both for sure going to be gone by #9 and there was the risk if they'd waited to make the trade until they were sure, the Bears would have found another taker (the Bears absolutely would have found another taker). Now they have the pick and time to figure it out if they're still currently conflicted on who's the better option/fit

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

:rubby:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Pops Mgee posted:

Some thoughts on the Aaron Rodgers situation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_nPp64OrBc

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

R.D. Mangles posted:

i don't recognize this thread with everyone being pretty much happy with their teams.

Rodgers being moved on from was always going to have an immediate effect, it just helps that the teams had positives to look at even right before it happened too (Vikings having a fraudulent year, the Lions having a great second half, the Bears seeing development from Fields)

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The Jalen stuff's going viral and has a higher placement on the news section currently (by 1) than Rodgers' announcement. It's legit https://www.nfl.com/news/2023-nfl-draft-jalen-carter-struggles-during-georgia-pro-day-workout

https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/1636118433791082498

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Mar 16, 2023

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

kdrudy posted:

Have we gotten confirmation of that from anyone other than Rodgers?

Reports from a lot of people for weeks now have been saying the Packers just want to move on from him. It's just been downplayed on here even before Rodgers was the one saying it because nobody believes reporters or news anymore, and it doesn't help when the news is stupid like it tends to be, in general but especially in this league. "An MVP winner a year ago alienated himself from the team so much they would rather not play him two years later" now. Years ago the news nobody wanted to believe here for months was "the Niners are looking for a reason to get rid of their SB-appearing coach because Jed York doesn't like him and would rather have someone that can be reined in like Tomsula". It happens

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Sataere posted:

See, this is the thing that doesn't jive with me. If they really want to get rid of him, why are they quibbling about compensation. The real compensation is not having to deal with him anymore.

They'd probably like to get a good pick out of it and that only happens from this current draft

Regardless of how washed he does or doesn't end up in NY, NY already almost made playoffs with the literal worst QB room a team fielded all last year and even a decent regression from him is still enough to equal that. It'd take a lot for the Jets to do bad enough that any picks they give up for next year amount to great placement for GB. You don't want to give him away for nothing, even when it's obvious you want to give him away

I've seen people say this deal fetches them a first, but what it comes down to is if that's the case, if that first is this year's (#13) or next. Anything else next year is likely conditional based on playtime. Two top 15 picks this year for GB instead of just one would be significant, would even possibly get them a backup plan for Love if he doesn't do well if they wanted to go that route

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Lamar would be two firsts if you go the traditional route and the Ravens don't match, that's difficult to get around; the hope is Rodgers can be gotten for a maximum of one (total or non-conditional)

Obviously I think you should pursue Lamar instead anyway if you want a QB option

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

:rubby:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Parallelwoody posted:

If you take that stance you're going to be proven right way more often than you're wrong though.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dexo posted:

Sure depends on the number, but he's still an NFL player.

fsif posted:

I feel like whenever we have to wait for the number it means it's team friendly.

https://twitter.com/DWolfsonKSTP/status/1637614990810140672

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The only thing make or break is determining if Fields is the guy or if he regresses from the progress he made in the second half last year. If he's not the guy by December-January, you'll know and have an offseason to decide what now before the last year on his contract (they still haven't picked up the 5th year option yet) starts

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Henchman of Santa posted:

The Lions should have a parade if they win the division

A statue of Campbell would get built somewhere in the vicinity, it wouldn't just be a parade

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Kyler is definitely not coming back anytime soon

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

How will the world-famous NFCN thread with no posts from that dude pre-today go on

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

CharlestheHammer posted:

Honestly thought he would be openly bitter

Putting Gute last on the list of people thanked by name, including after nutrition salesmen

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

IcePhoenix posted:

There's been tons of smoke around the Vikings trading up for a qb so I just want to get it over with so they can end up trading back for more draft capital when none of that happens.

Kirk's deal is up after this year, ideally that's addressed with something sooner than then (and since their only other QB is Nick Mullens, no it's not been addressed)

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Abandoning Northwestern has consequences

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Does he not have an iPhone? It's 2023, you can FaceTime fairly easily now

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

ZombieCrew posted:

4 prime times for the bears. Too many 3:25s for my liking, but whatever. Why is the browns game a TBD?

https://twitter.com/CodyTalksNFL/status/1656829199078899713

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Guy A. Person posted:

But also if someone just heard a false rumor maybe don’t get super pissed off and aggressive at them? For being misinformed?? Like a simple “nah it’s not like that, you were told wrong” is plenty, you constantly post like you’re on the verge of getting into a fist fight with someone, goddamn

:agreed:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Sataere posted:

Da Bears

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

T-Square posted:

Yes, and he refused to elaborate lol

The truest kind of Bears fan

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

If you can own a team, you're rich. You can cry poor all you want, you can get the lovely Mark Davis haircuts you desire, but you're not poor and you're not broke. The only thing more insane is fans believing it and letting them get away with the lie; it doesn't benefit you to stand up for them like that, it never will, it doesn't benefit your fav team's performance, it never will

If they and you insist they're not rich actually, then sell the loving team and move on with your lives

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

quote:

Decatur (/dɪˈkeɪtər/ dih-KAY-tər)

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Pontius Pilate posted:

I don’t think anyone actually believes that

Two things can simultaneously be true:

Jared Goff isn't good-good
If Jared Goff gets at least 7 more wins on the team he's a top-10 Lions starting QB all time wins-wise https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/det/career-passing.htm

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

This is the only place I've seen talk about it

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1685335956927205376

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dexo posted:

yeah Tony Khan was being an rear end in a top hat lmao.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I stand by my position that I don't blame any Norther deciding to be done with football if Love instantly balls out/continues the Packers QB streak