Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again
Cousins is so boring he's apparently one of the main characters on a netflix show the local media keeps talking about yet no one I actually know has seen it, and I know a lot of pretty hardcore fans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again
Watching this week's installment of Jon Bois' history of the Vikings reminded me of a memory that pops up every few years I wonder about. There was a Herschel Walker show, right? I want to say it was a half hour once a week after the 10 o'clock news. I even seem to remember it had it's own theme song that went something like "Herschel Walker, Herschel Walker, the Herschel Walker show!"

I can't find any evidence of it ever existing though. I probably would've been around 5 at the time it aired.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
The Joe Webb playoff game. If they actually would've game planned around his running skills instead of just expecting him to be a regular pocket passer I still think they could've won. Peterson was unstoppable that year unless of course the only threat the opposing defense had to stop was him. He almost beat the single season rushing record with Christian loving Ponder playing QB.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017

Redeye Flight posted:

I think he's right, frankly, though I think you're also right. The Vikings and the Lions have two of the most excruciating catalogs of suffering in football, one painted black, the other painted white. The Lions are when you never seem to even get close; the Vikings are when you get close more often than anyone else and never actually make it.

Somehow it's very fitting that they're both in the same division.

Yeah as a Vikings fan I want to see the Lions succeed too but not at the expense of the Vikings. Too bad about this season.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

I meant that he isn’t signed yet lol

Contract EXTENSION. He's currently under his rookie contract.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017

Shrimpy posted:

Little did we know the "overwhelming information" was Williams telling him per-play prop bets. Getsy will be vindicated.

This got a genuine lol from me on a rough day thanks.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017

C-Euro posted:

Said it in last year's NFCN thread but I'm not throwing dirt on the Packers' grave until they have two, maybe even three, losing seasons in a row. They've been in the national conversation for the entire time I can remember watching pro football, I'll believe that they're down for a long stretch when I see it.

I'm first in line holding a shovel with a huge grin on my face. Enjoy seeing what it looks like to not have a hof qb under center for the first time ever in you lives Packer Fans.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
I don't think Kirk is coming back at all. When a qb tears their acl around this time next year will be the next time you seriously hear his name in a conversation again.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017

Brrrmph posted:

I’m a Vikings fan and this team isn’t going anywhere. I’d rather they lose out and draft a QB than go 10-7 and lose in the first round again, which is probably the ceiling for this team.

gently caress that. This isn't the NBA. Go ahead and point at a team that has tanked on purpose then turned it around. It doesn't happen in the NFL. These guys are coaching and playing for their jobs every week. I want the two games against the Lions to matter at the end of the year and Lions fans probably do too.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
No matter how this season turns out for the Vikings I'm really happy with Kevin O'Connell as the head coach. He's a breath of fresh air after grumpy gramps Zimmer.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Vikings facing the Lions twice in three weeks for the division is what I want to see.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017

SirPablo posted:

This game was poo poo for the season. You played like rear end. Dobbs got benched. You lost JJ for the rest of the season, others banged up.

But you won and are the 6th seed. So what the gently caress do you do with this zombie season?

Beat the Lions twice for the division.

Seriously this is such a loving dumb post. Sure my team won a game that keeps them in contention for the divisional title, where do they go from here? Find another team I think the Vikings broke you but some of us are still strong.

GokuGoesSSj69 fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Dec 11, 2023

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
To be fair these last two games have broken a lot of people but I've watched a lot of B10 games too so 3-0 is high scoring. The Vikings defense is actually pretty good, I tell myself.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Didn’t the Vikings let Diggs walk to go all in on JJ?

They traded Diggs and used that pick to draft JJ.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
LOL at the guy with a 2009 regdate I've never seen post in this thread running in here to dunk on the bears of all teams.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017

Redeye Flight posted:

I swear, I don't care WHICH of the teams does it. I want ONE of our fuckin' full suite of teams to win big.

Just one of 'em. I'll take any of 'em. I just want to be the one at the center of the story for once instead of being part of someone else's.

Don't have a good feeling for the Vikings' chances next year though.

Nah, gently caress the Packers.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017

I said to my Packers fan friend that looked like Favre and he recited this exact play, lol.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Same old lions.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Honestly that’s a pretty effective troll

I like you as a poster but that's what I was hoping for. Lions cannot get a ring before the Vikings.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017

Gonz posted:

Comedy “Vikings trade for Fields after Kirk goes to the Falcons”.

I want them to trade up if they need to, whatever the cost and finally get a good young QB, a rarity which I've never seen on their roster in my entire 40 years on this earth but I'd be fine with Fields if that doesn't happen.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
I like the Viking's move yesterday, more ammo to move up and get who they want at QB which is what they need to do. They should trade whatever it takes to get a good young QB.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017

Dexo posted:

Bad season no, Regressed a bit yes.

But also he might have had one of the unluckiest seasons I've ever seen from a QB.

Trevor is still a very good QB, Trent Baalke just sucks.

https://twitter.com/_MLFootball/status/1769498408941744571

So help me god, if the Vikings get ANOTHER first round pick in this loving draft.

Anyone have a link to the actual report? I don't know who "MLFootball" is and I'm not seeing this on NBC sports.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Twins Cities sports media is trying to get fans ready for a year of Sam Darnold justifying it by saying if they don't move up they can draft good defensive players. They point at Purdy. Good luck finding another Purdy. This is the time to go all in on a qb. If they don't I'm definitely not going to be attending any games next year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017

Cognac McCarthy posted:

Paul Allen can be fun when he gets excited but I can't imagine listening to him talk for 3 hours a day. He might be the stupidest man in MN sports

He's a great announcer but a terrible radio host, he's such a huge homer nothing he says is reliable. I must've heard that from Justin Gaard though because I don't think Barreiro was in yesterday and I don't listen to PA. I like Gaard but not Barrerio. Common Man Dan Cole is the best host on that station though.