Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Lol at Bears fans thinking they are going to get 10 first round picks when there’s like possibly 4 qbs in the top 10, but that Rodgers won’t get one first round pick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Woody Johnson and rest of Jets staff is flying to Cali. Packers definitely getting a first if Woody is involved.

Rodgers already said he expected to rework his deal where RG with Green Bay or new team so don’t think Packers will eat money for Jets. Unless it’s a bigger trade.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
You don’t you draft a rookie WR and use that 6 mil on other positions.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Sounds like he gave the Jets a list of guys he would like them to obtain before he accepts.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Well at least if the Rodgers trade ends up being little in return, the Packers will also get some whatever comp picks because of the Jets signing their free agents.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
The Packers will be a perfectly cromulent team.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
You guys probably shouldn’t look up what Pat makes.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Did you really expect the Packers to be active in FA given their cap? They got Nixon back and got a new long snapper. A whatever vet safety and TE is all I would expect later at some point probably. Now it’s just wait out the Jets until the NY media gets to Woody Johnson.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Aaron Rodgers has the leverage because he can make the Packers pay him a bunch of money for nothing and then leave them with a huge bill in 2024. The Packers “leverage” requires that you believe they’re extremely dumb and spiteful and also that neither the Jets nor Aaron Rodgers is dumber and more spiteful.

Why is this a petty battle? The Packers just want value for what they think Rodgers is worth which apparently is more than the Jets and would just feed into Rodgers ego. Also Rodgers doesn’t have a no trade clause.

Not going to argue the Packers front office isnt a bunch of goobers, but given the situation waiting a little bit for the pressure to get to the Jets is fine by me.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Because the NFL colludes to not go after tagged players

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
I don’t think anyone is expecting that and when someone tried to put out the Packers wanted the Stafford offer, it got squashed pretty fast. I think the battle is more like the Packers want a first or second instead of say a third the Jets are offering. And then something next year based on performance/retirement and or a player or two.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
I would normally think the Saints are the clear favorites but man Allen might just be a poo poo head coach.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean if he sucks then that isn’t terribly different than what they would have with Rodgers.

Because last year he sucked

Exactly and no reason to rebuild, the team is pretty young. If Love is garbage they’ll have a decently high pick to nab a QB or have an extra first/second to help trade up. The worry would be if Love flashes once in a while to trick everyone in thinking he’s the guy, extend him, and waste a few years with him.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

Abugadu posted:

Can’t think of any receivers in the 2020 draft that might have made a difference?

I can’t tell if you are being sarcastic. Jefferson went right before they traded up for Love. But what they should have done is stayed put and picked Higgins, who went 33.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
I had been on the pick a TE in the second train for the Packers but now I am thinking just pick the one you want the most in the first. And really Kincaid is basically a wide receiver anyway. I don’t see much difference between the wide receivers so getting a guy like Hyatt in the second vs JSN in the first is whatever to me. So I guess it doesn’t really matter what order they take the positions, but I would hope for a WR, TE and Edge for their first three picks. Or a safety because that’s where the Packers are awful but the class is pretty dire there so hoping they have identified small school gem to take later.

I really don’t want to go oline. I am fine with rookie tackles and we already have two starters plus a possible future starting tackle with Zach Tom. Pick one next year.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Me neither but there’s a few other tackles in this draft I would go for before gambling on that.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Wilson and Bijan were the two guys I was hoping the Lions wouldn’t get so I am happy for now until they do some other crazy trade up poo poo.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

ZombieCrew posted:

What was so crucial for the eagles to trade up one pick?

A lower team wanting to trade up for Carter.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Lions are back

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
I figured the Packers would go Edge in the first. There’s a billion tight ends and the second round receivers aren’t any different from the ones that may go in the first.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Much happier about the Van Ness pick seeing how the rest of the first round played out. So many front 7 pick/edge guys went in the first round yeesh. And now I’d be happy with any of the four tight ends in the second round. I’m expecting a safety with their other second rounder. It seems like there will be a few safeties near the end of the second beginning of the third so if they want to gamble they could go TE/WR and trade up from their third rounder, but I am guessing they have a safety they have zeroed in on.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
I like the players the Lions got but man they had picks 6 and 18. There’s a lot of other scenarios that I think would have been much better. Like yeah Porter would be sweet tomorrow but how do the Steelers not take him.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

xbilkis posted:

I’m as cynical as any reasonable person who’s spent decades rooting for a non-Packers NFCN team, but I really question what people who freak out about draft decisions on draft day get out of the experience. You literally can’t have any idea whether a pick was good or not for months, if not years; why not let yourself fantasize even a little bit about the possibility that the d-lineman you drafted might be the next JJ Watt based on 45 seconds of highlights you watched

Exactly so it’s pretty funny that so many Packer fans are upset about the Iowa Tarzan motherfucker who tosses around lineman, including a few guys who went in the first round. But I feel like I have done a good job staying away from it because oof these receivers are not who we think they are in the first. Like if Hyatt drops to the Packers I freaking like him more than JSN. If they nab like him and a TE with their second rounders A++++ draft. Safety is absolutely dire on the Packers but like mentioned probably will have to trade up for Branch and I think there’s some interesting guys that will be around in the late second/third they could go after. Or draft the random small school guy in the fourth.

Honestly not even drafting a receiver until the fourth or whatever I would be fine with. I think fans forget Doubs was a fourth. And we have him and Watson anyway. Pick a guy high next year in a way better class.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Packer fans gonna freak if Branch falls to them and gets picked lol

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

surf rock posted:

At the moment, I'm hoping for either Washington or Musgrave at #42 moreso than Branch.

I think they would take Branch and then nab one of those in the follow up. Only a disaster if both get picked in the two in between. But then they can take Hyatt or other cool receiver.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
I would rather have branch than an extra fifth so I hope they have a safety identified

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
https://twitter.com/BenFennell_NFL/status/1620493540433469440

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Hell yea Packers picked the cheese guy from Auburn

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

Henchman of Santa posted:

Tucker + a cheese brand for a last name

https://twitter.com/TuckerKraft/status/1652253266200215554

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Not having the 32 pick really hurt the Bears with how the draft went. So many pass rushers went between their first and second pick. I don’t blame them for going interior instead with what was there, but nonetheless their pass rush is going to continue to be awful. But hey can’t fix everything in one go and they’ll have extra picks next year to address it.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
I mean he took less guaranteed for next year but would make more next year than the 20 if he plays on that. If he also gets some of that as a signing bonus that’s also immediate money he gets as well. I probably would have still held out for the guaranteed 20 though but hey.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

SKULL.GIF posted:

Whoa, I missed this yesterday. Did not expect the Packers to do this.

https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/1653394804472987649

I mean it’s just kicking the can of the cap hit to next year like they already did with a bunch of folks.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

SKULL.GIF posted:

We have a full roster though and were already under the cap, are we making cap space for someone?

Packers have $18M of cap space right now, that's pretty substantial. Maybe a Gary extension?

Yeah probably that and or just general flexibility to do things like that, add guys as the season goes as players go on the IR etc is what I have seen put out there. Rookie contracts will take 5 mil away roughly so guessing they didn’t like having only 6-7 mil.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean they are under the cap next year as well so I don’t think it matters

They aren’t really especially if they extend Gary, but it will be alright. About 25 million of essentially previous years money has been pushed to next years cap and they project to be 30 million over with a Gary extension. But the “good” news is they can save a lot of money by getting rid of a few vets, especially Bak. Preston is probably gone and they probably will do something with Jones. The year after that they will really be in the clear since you aren’t carrying a mammoth qb salary, unless Love immediately shows he is a hall of famer.

https://twitter.com/KenIngalls/status/1650660237135708161

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Not really how property taxes work. As long as you are in line with similar properties the actual number is whatever. They could put my house at a billion dollars but if everything else is on that scale the actual tax I would pay is the same as if they put everything at 2 dollars that’s similar.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
I don’t think Joe Barry is any good but I hate the defense has all these first rounders the pressure is on him talk all the time. How about looking at are these first rounders any good and put the pressure on Gute? Like our safeties are a bunch of special teamers and Savage the first rounder stinks. Stokes was loving awful last year before going out for the year. Wyatt was an old defensive lineman that didn’t show much last year(first year lineman almost always struggle so still hopeful on him). He picked Quay over Devin Lloyd who had a much better rookie season as well.

Alexander, Gary and Clark who was a TT pick one though but the years are starting to stack up a lot of drafts after those.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
I for one do not miss the big 10 frat like poo poo at many Chicago workplaces I experienced. So bizarre.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

I always found Notre Dame fans in Chicago to be way more obnoxious than any Big 10 fans

Oh god yes

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

Dr. Lunchables posted:

Does Lambeaus concrete weep and stink like piss as much as ive heard? It sounds like it’s kind of a dump, and I’ve heard it a lot from Packers fans.

You might be confusing that with the Wrigley piss trenches

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Vikings and Lions have such a defeatism in their fan base that they are tolerable. They are just waiting for the bad thing to occur. Bears fans have it too but it only comes out generally AFTER the bad thing. Right up to that point is just pure delusion and that by far makes them the worst fan base in the division to deal with.