Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot

oshuaj posted:

Don't know if I like Green Bay's odds but let's pull an upset, why not

We are playing with house money. Best case scenario is offense balls out and defense sucks so Barry gets fired.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Pops Mgee posted:

The Mike McCarthy does something incredibly stupid to lose the game scenario is also on the table.

Who wastes more clock today? I'll take the over on McCarthy.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

I hope my beautiful pookie bear Jordan Love can slice up this Cowboys defense since all Shanahan offenses have this year. All I want is for him and the entire offense to ball out. The defense needs to suck so we can rid ourselves of the demon that we call our DC.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Christian Watson and Jaire Alexander are ACTIVE.

Hell yes!

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

surf rock posted:

Good luck today, Lions fans. I think you've got it and make it another round minimum, but god knows y'all have waited long enough for this win. Fingers crossed!

As for the Packers, I'm predicting a game like the one we had against Arizona in 2009 or 2010. I don't know if it stays close enough to make it to overtime, but I'm expecting the Packers offense to put up a respectable performance and the defense to get absolutely obliterated.

Anything to get Joe Barry fired.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

surf rock posted:

Yes, and also welcome to the thread. I dunno if you're a new fan or just haven't been over to this subforum before, but we rarely get new Packers blood around these parts so it's very exciting.

We need as many new recruits as possible to beat the AFC East thread next season

I am a Packer diehard, so I'll gladly rep the G. I can also handle all the FTPs.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Bip Roberts posted:

I mean there's definitely a part of packers fans that really believe that the team is the true good guys if the nfl and its weird as hell.

Every Packer fan has to realize they are God's favorite team for QB purposes because it may end up being 3 QB's over 45 years. That is blessed.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

MacheteZombie posted:

Packers rule

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Niwrad posted:

I told you Love is going to the Hall of Fame. It was always destiny.

The scariest part (that also makes me highly horny) is this is his floor. He will only get better.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Congratulations Lions Bros.

Packers vs Lions in the NFCCG???

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

And people said the NFC North was a boner-rear end division full of boners.

Just look at us now! :cool:

We need the Bears to pull their head out of someone's rear end and get good so we can be the best division in football.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

MJeff posted:

See you in two weeks, Packers, you loving scumbags.

Hahahaha, we still have our demons.

Santa Clara Gold Diggers are one of them.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

surf rock posted:

Here's the real question: are the Lions gonna win a Super Bowl before the Vikings?

Probably. Vikings are so much further away then they want to believe.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Today has been great.

Exposed the Cowboys.

J Love Masterclass.

Watched the Lion's bros win.

Now to see if the Eagles are just as fraudulent as their rivals.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

WoodrowSkillson posted:

we can lose 60-0 next game i do not care. we can legit market ourselves to free agents. we can legit draft with our current staff. we can actually fill the holes in the secondary and shore up the O line and receiving corps. there is nothing but green field ahead of us like a running back breaking free of the line.

Packers 🤝 Lions

Playing with house money because we have zero pressure behind us.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

xbilkis posted:

There's a bunch of "gently caress him, who cares about him anyway" in the comments of that post too. Bad Lions fans. You need to be nice so you can ride an atypically charmed path to the Super Bowl. Can't be inviting bad vibes into the equation

Especially if Stafford is done after this season. Been some smoke he may retire with injuries mounting up.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Mega agreedo chief

I think the Packers are the spookiest and I also think the 9ers are outta the joose

The Packer's offense is this dangerous while this young. The ceiling is the pluto.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Who is the brain geniuses that run the packers, because it’s just nuts how well managed that team is

Brian Gutekunst is the wizard who got this whole team together.

Also, don't discount their scouts. Every rookie is making an impact at the moment.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

I don’t know why, but I’m not scared of the 49ers. It might just be the sicko in me but we have the hottest hand in the NFL and we also have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

fishing with the fam posted:

If the Bears hire a really good OC and QB coach maybe they won't gently caress up Caleb.

:smith:

No, at this point, it's an organizational issue.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

So? It's year 1 of a new Green Bay Packers.

This season looked like it was over before Thanksgiving. "Oh no, the best team in the NFC defeats us" - we weren't even supposed to be here!

It would not carry the weight and heartbreak of going 13-3 or 13-4, being the #1 or #2 seed, and getting bounced by the 49ers and Buccanneers... or the Falcons, or the Seahawks, or the Giants, etc. etc. etc.

Do I want the Packers to beat the 49ers? Hell yeah!

But if they don't? Then I'll be mildly disappointed. I won't feel like I had my heart ripped out of my chest like I did for all those other games.

I can't imagine any team beating the Ravens anyway; so the whole thing is a lark. We saw what they did to the 49ers this year. The Super Bowl is going to be brutal for whatever NFC fanbase ends up there.

Ding. Ding. Ding.

I'm here to watch Jordan Love ascend into a Top 10 QB.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Push El Burrito posted:

There was a hellish like 3 weeks when we thought we might have a mediocre team. I don't expect you to empathize with our plight.

Those weeks were harsh. We thought no more generational QB play in Lambeau.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

https://x.com/packers/status/1746983809239724203?s=20

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

MikeCrotch posted:

I have been steeping myself in the joy of the Lions victory to stave off the existential despair that Jordan Love might be Him and the Packers have gotten away with it again

If it helps you sleep any better, I dread that the Bears may hire the Passing Game Coordinator of the Seahawks as their next offensive coordinator. Pair him up with Caleb Williams and possibly Nabers/Odunze, and sheesh.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Viking bros.

https://x.com/seniorbowl/status/1747057065221144703?s=20

Here is your guy.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

We gotta beat the 49ers so the Lions can make the Super Bowl.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Not going to lie, but this team is so much better without Aaron on it. We have an identity.

E: Word Choice

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

MJeff posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7c57ewQ84FM

Mina Kimes saying nice things about our defense fills my brain with the happy chemicals.

Mina is one of a select few analysts that actually eats, sleeps, and breathes ball.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

If Green Bay wins on Saturday, I'm buying tickets to Detroit.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

The Bears need to fire Flus. I'm sorry. I love dunking on the bears, but what the actual hell are they doing.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Canned Sunshine posted:

The 2010 Packers also were the first 6th Seed to compete in a Super Bowl, and given they’re the 7th seed this year…

Sataere posted:

I hate to be the guy who breaks up the good vibes I here, but I think it is important to remember that the last time the Bears had the opportunity to knock the Packers out of the playoff and didn't, the Packers won the Super Bowl. This is just a reminder that we are living in the worst timeline.

This would all go against the prophecy. Rodgers went 6-10 his first year, then we fired our DC, hired a new one, and then won the Super Bowl. Are we one year ahead?

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Bumhead posted:

This is such a massive part of it.

There’s been a bunch of talk about what people thought of Campbell when he was first appointed, sharing videos of moments that people laughed at etc, but one thing I haven’t seen much of is that people laughed specifically at that 6 year contract.

The trust has always been there. The Lions probably are ahead of schedule - I thought we were at least another draft and FA period away from being a 12 win division winner with a real shot at the Conference Championship - but the point is it doesn’t really matter about the schedule. The trust has always been there to get to this point be it in 3 years or 6.

Trust in the “meathead”. Trust in the “contract dump” QB. Trust in dudes like Anzalone and Josh Reynolds who nobody else wants. Trust in the GM spending his 2 first rounders on a running back and a linebacker.

They trusted Campbell to completely throw out the "Old Lions" culture and rebuild from scratch. Safe to say, job well done.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

trevorreznik posted:

Are there other NFL teams that did a culture shift as successfully as Campbell did in Detroit? It seems like hockey often has a coach fired and team turned around (quennville in Chicago jumps to mind) but football seems unique in the difficulty in changing things.

I could argue Dan Campbell was the first coach to do it at the level he did. Nothing comes close.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Parallelwoody posted:

What are some all time bad vibes teams that don't involve anything criminal? The Jags under Meyer and a stretch of Coughlin, Patricia Lions, what else ya got?

Hue Jackson Browns

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

The Vikings need to draft a QB. Stop with this veteran poo poo.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Darth Brooks posted:

I could see Penix dropping down to Minnesota. Even though there are some QB hungry teams ahead of Minnesota he didn't have a great BCS game and got beat up again. There is an argument to be made to sign Kirk for a couple of years and go heavy on defense, especially the line.

I think if Penix has a good Senior Bowl, the Vikings pick him.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

I think we trade Christian Watson this offseason. He’s great. But availability is the best ability.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Hot Diggity! posted:

Nah zero chance they would unless offered a king's ransom.

If we don’t trade him, I still believe we are drafting another WR.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Hand Row posted:

Reed and Wicks might end up the best of the bunch and you still have Doubs. Melton would be your fifth receiver and he has shown a knack for first down catches. Heath does what you want for a 6th wide receiver by being a tough blocker and will continue to develop. All these receivers are rookies or second year guys so I don’t see them picking a WR until late in the draft, if at all.

Hot Diggity! posted:

I wouldn't rule it out, particularly if someone they really like falls into their lap, but other than that maybe a depth late-round dart or two, but it's not really much of a need imo.

https://x.com/JacobMorley/status/1747629374457684020?s=20

My thoughts in a tweet. If I had to pick a guy, we should start watching for AD Mitchell out of Texas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Shrimpy posted:

If they're going to draft a skill position player, it's almost definitely going to be a running back. Hard to imagine Jones not coming back, but Dillon's a FA and even with his improvement this year I'd imagine they'll kick the tires on someone.

Trey Benson music.