Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

ZombieCrew posted:

Da Cook county Bears

Glendale Cardinals
Orchard Park Bills
Charlotte Panthers
Arlington Cowboys
Paradise Raiders
Inglewood Chargers
Inglewood Rams
Minneapolis Vikings
Foxborough Patriots
East Rutherford Giants
East Rutherford Jets
Santa Clara 49ers
Nashville Titans
Landover Commanders

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

https://twitter.com/BN_Bears/status/1632898766066819072?s=20

It's already the best off-season

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Holy poo poo this rules

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Getting DJ Moore was so loving huge. Claypool as a #3 WR is not bad at all. Now the Bears just need to pick up some guys who can block and their offense might actually be decent. They should be able to outbid anyone on the FA market. I just have no idea if the pool of free agent OLs is any good.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

brugroffil posted:

Saw a dude wearing a Poles 3:16 shirt at the Shedd today lol

Same dude has a pile of old Bears jerseys in his closet: Cade McNown, Rashaan Salaam, David Terrell, Curtis Enis...

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Quick someone tell me how I'm supposed to feel about this

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Literally everyone the Bears pick up is an improvement over who they currently have, so all these signings sound great to me. DeMarcus Walker is getting a pretty lukewarm reception from Bears fans, but his 32 pressures and 8 sacks last year would've been #1 on the Bears' defense.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

R.D. Mangles posted:

stephen denmark does not seem like a real name

His name is an anagram for "Naked, then sperm."

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

I'm way more satisfied with Claypool as a #3 instead of being #2 last year. Everyone knew the FA market and draft pool for wide receivers this off-season would be really weak, so the value of even halfway -decent WRs sky-rocketed. The only way the Bears were gonna get any help at that position was by overpaying, but they've got the draft capital and cap space, so I don't mind.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

The deal we got was fuckin' great and I'm not complaining.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

I seem to remember there being a text from Favre saying "none of this can get traced back to me, right?"

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

HootTheOwl posted:

I'm very worried that signing Robbie will just have him retire in a few years(because he's 40) and the kicker they bench for him will be so broken that he'll be infested with the spirit of Cody parky

I just looked it up and Robbie Gould is exactly 2 weeks younger than me :corsair:

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

My favorite part is the Caller ID that just says CALL FROM CAROLINA PANTHERS

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

:wave:

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

:hmmyes:

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Dr. Lunchables posted:

Madison seems cool, I’d like to visit some day. Shame I’ll have to drive through the Mississippi watershed part of Wisconsin to get there. Just loving boring.

Like most states, the big cities are cool and the rural areas suck. Whenever I go to Madison, I like to browse the market on Capitol Square on Sunday mornings and get me a big loaf of spicy cheese bread. Also some Blue Moon ice cream for nostalgia's sake.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Acebuckeye13 posted:

The worst part of the country to drive through is the Texas panhandle.

Trust me

I did this in mid-June in a car without air conditioning. Would not recommend. If you trust that your alignment is true, you could probably just put a brick on your accelerator and fall asleep at the wheel on I-40. The smell of the slaughterhouse will wake you up.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

R.D. Mangles posted:

lmao robinson will never escape from mitch

The Steelers are trying to recreate the 2018 Bears for who knows what reason

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Holy poo poo that's a lot of players

Bears winning Da NFC North dis season :c00l:

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

SKULL.GIF posted:

Do we know what exactly they were gambling on?

Probably football if suspensions were involved

Sponsored by FanDuel

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

So to complete the timeline he just needs to send dick pics to someone in the media and then defraud his home state.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Aaron Rodgers, much like the McCaskeys, is proof that owning the Bears doesn't lead to playoff success.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Yeah Skoronski seems tailor-made to be a Chicago Bear: Went to Northwestern and has a Polish surname.

I don't think he's a bad pick, I am just hesitant to think he's the best pick for the Bears at 9.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Glad we avoided Jalen Carter and I was glad we got Wright over Skoronski so hell yeah. Got a 4th rounder out of it too.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Please enjoy this video of Darnell Wright pancaking a whole lot of defenders

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PthpXrITakA

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Seems good!

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

I'm not ready to give up on Claypool yet, probably because he's only 24 and now he only has to be a WR3 in a system that he actually has an entire offseason to learn.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Happy 40th Birthday Jay Cutler :toot:

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

surf rock posted:

This kicker seems loving terrible lol

Yeah but what kind of car does he drive?

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

You can pinpoint the moment they traded away their entire defense

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Just gonna assume he named his kid after a highway.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Bird in a Blender posted:

So when does Tristate Urlacher get to college?

Daniel Ryan Urlacher

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

CharlestheHammer posted:

Mediocre QB play is still enough to win the north let’s be fair

Goff is gonna prove it this year

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

R.D. Mangles posted:

The Bears are still very bad.

Vegas line is 7.5 but I think 9 wins is a good goal for the Bears this year.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

The Super Bowl champions are afraid that the worst team in football might have a lot of fans come to root against them :qq:

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Amy Pole Her posted:

so I cant imagine what its like it an actual international soccer stadium and the like.

https://twitter.com/nygcrush/status/1579096288607768577

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

You’re supposed to alternate the pattern you cut every time you mow

First mow of the season: north/south
Second: east/west
3rd: northwest/southeast
4th: northeast/southwest
5th: north/south

This way you don’t wear ruts in

What if my lawn is only 100 square feet

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

ZombieCrew posted:

The last time the Bears won against the Packers in the first game was 2006. They won 26-0 and it also featured Devin Hesters first return TD in the NFL.

I remember watching this game at a bar in Somerville, MA, when I was in college. The bar was mostly Pats fans, but I vividly remember seeing a couple in Packers gear exiting early and it made me happy.

R.D. Mangles posted:

Imagine setting a show in Chicago called the bear and it's not about mitch trubisky

It's a good show despite a few cringey and incorrect things about Chicago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Hot Diggity! posted:

I liked the part where they were upset about River North gentrifying

Yeah the biggest thing is pretending like River North is some rough-and-tumble neighborhood and not a place where the average 1-bedroom apartment goes for $2,700 a month. But there was also a scene where two guys were arguing about the correct highway to take to get to the suburbs, as if they're from Los Angeles or something and have more than 2 highways to choose from. They were throwing out names like Edens, Kennedy, and Dan Ryan, not realizing that those are all the same road, just at different parts.