Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

my packers sources are telling me that rodgers won't consider a return to green bay unless aaron jones legally changes his first name to "alex"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

SirPablo posted:

:siren: I like podcasts.

aaron rodgers with the solid snake exclamation point over his head

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Lmao at the lede of the ringer article on the bears

quote:

Early in the movie Rounders, Matt Damon’s character, Mike McDermott, is observing his law professor’s poker game.

R.D. Mangles fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Mar 7, 2023

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

The Simpsons moe throwing barney out the window and then barney reappearing behind him pictures except with mustipher somehow being the starting center for a third consecutive season.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

second packers of fame qb has hit the jets

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

one interesting storyline this season is that the bears have the first pick of the upcoming nfl draft. usually teams take a quarterback there, but the bears feel like they have their guy in fields... so it's possible they might trade the pick to a quarterback-desperate team in exchange for more draft picks! anyone hear anything about this?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

As much as I would enjoy seeing rodgers booted from the division, as a bears fan it is impossible for me to understand football without pain and misery so it is obvious that love will immediately be better than fields and I will give up watching football while pretending that it is because of Morals and Enlightenment instead of just being mad at being owned by the packers once again.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

:siren: Bears Free Agency Action

The Bears re-signed their fullback

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

RIP to DJ Moore's career

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Niwrad posted:

I don't know much about him besides seeing someone say he has short arms.

RD Mangles, would you be happy with your fellow Wildcat protecting our lord and savior Justin Fields?

I am a football idiot, so I have no idea and it was hard to tell anything about the offense because it was garbage for so many years, but hell yeah, I'd take him. He and Hull were the only good players on the worst NU offense I've ever seen.

The guy i am really interested in is Adebawore. Played every position on d line, was pretty much their entire threat at pass rush, put up insane numbers at the combine. All Wildcats are welcome on the Bears.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i did not think lovie would ever do anything for me greater than getting the bears to a super bowl and losing 2019 Hat Game.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

GNU Order posted:

I have a crazy thought. What if the Chicago Bears were a legitimately good team soon

lol

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the bears are going to have a functioning offense this time

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

But the Bears already have a superstar middle linebacker from Wisconsin on the roster

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i don't know why paying a worse player $18 million is better than paying roquan $20 million but as a bears fan i am obligated to be happy they are addressing the only position where people have historically played well on this garbage team.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

da

bears

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i still believe in the dominique robinson breakout year

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Is Elijah Moore the Ole Miss Piss Celebration guy?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

They had like 3 good players and Pat Fitzgerald is s bad coach who was carried by Mike Hankwitz.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

you got your Mike's mixed up - clearly the brains was Mike McCall

Lol

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

what da gently caress

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

LET US HAVE JUSTIN JACKSON THE BALL CARRIER YOU MONSTERS

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

montgomery is going to break 400 all-purpose yards in both games against the bears this season

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i love rooting for a team that has infinite cap space and then saying "that's too rich for my blood" at every free agent in favor of a 5th round rookie

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

monty was the only free agent i cared about them signing at all

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the bears just signed eric hosmer

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

draft evan hull you cretins

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i don't recognize this thread with everyone being pretty much happy with their teams.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

stephen denmark does not seem like a real name

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

here is my take on aaron rodgers: he is annoying

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

jamaal to the saints. sorry lions buddies.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

MJeff posted:

Okay, so it wasn't money (unless Jamaal's price just came way down), they just preferred Montgomery, I guess.

montgomery is very good when he is not being tackled at the line of scrimmage.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

The Bears should sign Justin Jackson.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i don't want to see montgomery in those gross gray jerseys, i hope the lions get rid of them.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

trevor...

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Dexo posted:

Look, they are probably gonna end up drafting 2 northwestern players.

You'll have your guys.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1636189052683669504

i don't think adebawore is going to be there at 53

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Once they draft Evan Hull I'll be ok.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

wow looking forward to posting BIG BOB!!!!!! in GDTs after he gets his one reception for 8 yards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Dexo posted:

Mostly the Jets have other more drastic avenues they can use to get a QB if this falls through.

It's the Nuclear option for the rear end in a top hat owners, but I would have that spade in my hand ready to play. Of just saying no thank you and going to pay Lamar.

Or like Trey Lance is maybe available?

jets legend Trevor Siemian is AVAILABLE