Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
Now that Joe Flacco character, that guy can get hot and win you a SB!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
Now I’m hoping Indy snags Lamar, if only for the draft chaos that would result.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean you would have to be just awful to not look good in practice

*thumbs through folder labeled ‘Hackenberg’

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

Wishing disaster upon our division rivals in order to distract us from the fuckups of our own teams is the Nfc North way.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

They traded all that and still don’t know who the gently caress they’re picking??

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

Woke up to 120+ unread in this thread, went here first for the inevitable.

Instead, lol Davante Adams. Good god.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

I thought for sure they were just going to resign Stidham, dude looked legit against the 49ers, probably could have paid him pennies and then bought an actual defense in FA.

nope lol

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

I'm sure it's just a clarification, and that he has no regrets about leaving the top QB-WR combo for less money to join his college buddy who gets cut before the season even ends, only to be replaced by the worst deep-ball passer in the league.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

sponges posted:

Green Bay really pissed away Rodgers time there

They had a few runs derailed by key injuries especially on o-line, but yeah some terrible drafting, Dom Capers and porous defenses, special teams disasters, blowing playoff games they should have easily won, and the Jordan Love draft pick trade up as the cherry on top.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

Pops Mgee posted:

Jets kinda have to send a haul to Green Bay. Imagine Aaron’s ego if the Jets don’t think he’s worth at least a 1st round pick.

Would be nice. But the Packers have bungled this pretty badly from a leverage standpoint in so many ways.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

you wouldn't like me when i'm gruntled

Abugadu fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Mar 17, 2023

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

It looks worse after DJ Moore was acquired, but before that the Bears were heading into 2023 pretty drat thin at WR.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

I just want the trade to happen like 15 minutes before Trump gets arrested and all the news and hype about our one special boy gets buried in the news and hype about the other special boy.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

mastershakeman posted:

this draft is so fun. the bears should get the #1 pick more often

totally agree

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

Seriously, Mich sports fans are fine. Titles in every sport, at least one pro/college team at all times doing well.

Now, Minnesota fans, there’s some legit suffering. At least their college hockey team did…. What’s that? quinnipiac? Isn’t that a marsupial?

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Smoke green, snort white, can’t read can’t write :colbert:

Synchs up well to Blink-182’s All the Small Things.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

chrix posted:

We told everyone Robinson was washed but the Rams didn't want to listen

https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/1648399812335902722

I didn't watch too many Bears' games the previous season, and drafted Robinson late in an auction draft for fantasy, then watched a few Rams games when I started him early in the season.

I have never seen a receiver in the prime years of his career struggle so much to get separation.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

meh, as long as they don't gently caress up the field royally in a big game, like the Super Bo.... what's that? are you sure? video, sure, let me... oh. Oh.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

Gonna get my jets’ Love jersey a few years early.

Also gonna need a new av.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

Yeah, same. My first and only av gifted to me by Soothing Vapors (rip).

Man if he thought he was treated badly by the Green Bay press.

Are there any good receivers in the draft? If there is, Comedy Option says Packers draft him at #13 because Love Needs Weapons.

Not really, but TE is loaded

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

If Love sucks Gute better be fired into the sun.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

Gutey created the whole Problem in the first place by trading up for Love when Rodgers was nowhere near retiring.

Edit: among other draft fuckups

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

Can’t think of any receivers in the 2020 draft that might have made a difference?

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

Hand Row posted:

I can’t tell if you are being sarcastic. Jefferson went right before they traded up for Love. But what they should have done is stayed put and picked Higgins, who went 33.

I’m being extremely sarcastic, there were several receivers that could have made a difference, and clearly we were willing to trade up for the right people.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

He also brought in Jimmy Graham.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

ngl though Graham catching Trubisky’s last ball and just leaving the stadium made me lol for awhile

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

And lowballed Jordy, who still ad a good season left in him.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

The large number of swings and misses on defensive players has also contributed.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

MJeff posted:

The Packers have a better idea of what Aaron Rodgers is capable of than anybody and they chose to start a broken Brett Favre that was actively tanking their season over him. Don't delude yourselves over this guy.

fixed

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

MJeff posted:

So beaten down that you've already acknowledged that this guy's ceiling is toxic playoff choker. :(

I’ll take one SB victory in 15 years and be content.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

tinstaach posted:

"Packers Nation, you're like family to me"

Looool

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

Honestly the best part of this trade is going to be watching the circus in NY.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

I’m at peace knowing that the Packers’ pick will piss me off.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

https://www.theonion.com/bears-gm-focused-on-drafting-players-who-can-help-justi-1850381831

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

SKULL.GIF posted:

Hot take but I think Carter is a huge bust risk. I can easily see him going full Haynesworth.

Wright was a way better value (protect your drat QB) and way safer of a pick.

Carter is going to be lining up next to some incredible talent though. If he busts, I’m guessing it’ll be for non-football reasons.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

I literally just learned of the existence of this word an hour ago.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

What's there to go nuts over? He's had one actual game with little prep time, and a few preseason games. He could be great or could be trash, he's the Mystery Box. I would have said that maybe he's got more pressure to perform than Rodgers did when he took over, but Rodgers already kinda took the sting out of the whole 'dumping a HOF QB' barrier in people's minds.

I'm just interested to see what we have.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

lol

Also, wouldn't Reagor be ineligible for a 5th year option because he's not with his original drafting team?

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

YOLOsubmarine posted:

That doesn’t matter. Remember when the Panthers picked up Darnold’s fifth year option immediately after trading for him?

Huh.

I seem to have memory-holed that one, instead of, say, putting it down as evidence that the Panthers' FO is terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

MoaM posted:

Lions are going to embarrass themselves for five games straight right?

Only if it would require them to win any one of those games to capture the division title.